View Poll Results: Have you saved a life?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 66.67%
  • No

2 5.56%
  • Maybe

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Has anyone ever saved a life??

Like the title asks, have you ever saved someone from death? I don't know if this counts but over in Afghanistan, we had a hoggie come into the base (A friendly) that was working on his truck when a truck hit his and it rolled over him (Dump truck) Me and the other combat lifesaver gave him a IV and bandaged him up til he could get to the hospital. Don't know if he lived or not, or if the IV and blood control would have saved him but its my closest moment
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2006 GTO

Riding in the back of a ford ranger with a couple of friends.. we were all about 13-15 years old.. well the driver was going to fast for a curve and my one friend decided to stand up right before we got to the curve.. well he starts flying out of the vehicle.. and I basically caught him just while he was going over.. that's as close as I have come to saving someones life..

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i have never saved someONE per say...but have save someTHING....here in iowa we had horrible flooding last summer...well my brother in law (15 at time) and i were walking around looking at shit under water...well we heard this older lady crying..had to be in her 70's...well we went over to see what was bothering her she pointed to a railroad museum thats in town and told us to look at a picnic table that was floating...well i could see some furry things floating on this table...she says their baby kittens. and said the mom drowned trying to get them all to a safe spot...and well yeah the mom cat was deader than crap floating upside down...well i decide to go out in the water thinking i wont have a problem me being 6'7 the water should only come up to maybe my waist...i was wrong shit came up to my neck before i could touch ground...i swam out and got to the kitten 5 in total..all scared and shaking and hissing at every thing as they couldnt have been more than a few days old as their eyes werent even open yet. i grabbed 2 at a time to kinda do a barbell curl to my shoulders with them so i could kinda swim on my back and kick to get to dry land....did that and got all 5 kittens back to this old lady...she was soo happy and offered me money, but i felt good enough on my own for saving the lil kids that i just kept refusing to take her money specially when her house was flooded about 3 foot in her main floor of her home....so yeah may not be as cool as saving a human but saving those kittens sure made me feel good

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I put one under maybe.... I once pulled a dude out of a burning truck after an accident... um... it didn't blow up or anything afterwards, so I doubt he would have died, but hey, at least I tried.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    i have never saved someONE per say...but have save someTHING....here in iowa we had horrible flooding last summer...well my brother in law (15 at time) and i were walking around looking at shit under water...well we heard this older lady crying..had to be in her 70's...well we went over to see what was bothering her she pointed to a railroad museum thats in town and told us to look at a picnic table that was floating...well i could see some furry things floating on this table...she says their baby kittens. and said the mom drowned trying to get them all to a safe spot...and well yeah the mom cat was deader than crap floating upside down...well i decide to go out in the water thinking i wont have a problem me being 6'7 the water should only come up to maybe my waist...i was wrong shit came up to my neck before i could touch ground...i swam out and got to the kitten 5 in total..all scared and shaking and hissing at every thing as they couldnt have been more than a few days old as their eyes werent even open yet. i grabbed 2 at a time to kinda do a barbell curl to my shoulders with them so i could kinda swim on my back and kick to get to dry land....did that and got all 5 kittens back to this old lady...she was soo happy and offered me money, but i felt good enough on my own for saving the lil kids that i just kept refusing to take her money specially when her house was flooded about 3 foot in her main floor of her home....so yeah may not be as cool as saving a human but saving those kittens sure made me feel good
    BUT........The old lady could have had a heart attack from the kittens being drowned so maybe you did save her life

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

LOL good point!

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

I ran over a pit bull once....I've saved millions of lives

-Will

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Yep. Once bringing a guy back from not having a pulse. Also countless infants/kids who thought they could swim while their parents got drunk. Obviously no gratitude from the latter.

black black black
    77 swb

7th grade or so my friend was in a 2 man raft with me and decided to swim 80 yards back to shore. My friend had asthma and started having an attack half way back. Booked ass to get him and pulled him in the little boat.

My other friend got there on his little raft at the same time and we both saved him. Pretty awesome, never forget it.

Dark Spiral
    2004 GMC Sierra

I'm not sure if I saved these boys' life or not, but we got toned out for a single vehicle accident, unknown injury. We show up to the wreckan and a mother is bawling about her boys, we find the layed out on the grass next to the car. They weren't ejected, no broken glass. We back-boarded and C-spined 'em and loaded the boys on EMS.

Another instance was my first EMS assignment. It was 215 AM, and the pager woke me up. It was for an 80-somthing year old male, rectal bleed. I'm the first one on scene, so I'm directing the trck and EMS after I calm the man and his family. He was eat up w cancer and had surgery the previous day. We learned he passed about 2 weeks later, so IDK if that one counts.
    1987-2008
    Adam "Cadillac" Howard
    "Shine Your Light"

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

nothing 100%...but I work at the hospital...ive KEPT people alive.

although i did have a patient going into respiratory distress once. if i had come in the room 5 minutes later im about 95% sure she would have been dead

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Yes, I was walking next to a frozen pond and there were two kids on the pond. A brother and his little sister from up the road. The sister fell thru and the brother ran like a bitch. I crawled to her and pulled her out by her hair. Got her home.

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Back when I was like 17, some friends and me were at a buddys house in the pool. Well, one of my friends cant swim, so he just hung out in the shallow end. We all got out of the pool to eat some food, and he slips into the deepend. I see him splashing around and fighting to keep his head above water, so I jump in and pull him to the side and get him out of the pool....good times, lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

We have a group of heroes on the board

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Near death ONE:
    When I was a baby, I was in those little yellow tube things, like those infant floats you sit your baby in..My mom turned around to catch my older sister (we are at a public pool BTW). After my mom caught my sister she turned around and saw my baby feet straight up in the air.. SOme how the shit flipped!! -- so she immediately turned me back over and i spit a lot of water out and laughed... thats when she knew id be a swimmer... lol

Near death TWO:
    I have horses,and I went riding on my horse. We took our dog that doesnt usually go out to the bar, cuz he is a herding dog. But my parents were out of town so our family friend took us both to the barn... I was riding and my dog started to herd my horse. My horse is SO stubborn and not used to this, so she started getting attitude. Eventually my dog was biting her back legs since she wouldn't cooperate with him... she started to buck and I lost control of both the reigns. As I held on to the horn of the saddle haley, our 16 hands tall horse managed her way under the walker.... At full bucking speed I had to duck under each bar or else it hit me straight in the neck/head.. just like horse and a tree branch, except thick metal poles... I was so scared, and the family friend heard me, she was cleaning out the stalls, came running at the horse and jumped on her face kinda. and then she settled..I didnt ride for like a year after that..

I used to life guard, and Ive rescued many many kids from drowning in our wave pool and at the public pool.

In high school one of the kids had epilepsy. and somehow they let him in the class.. Everyone except me walked at of the class cuz they were looking at the wood chip pile out side, cuz the pipes were broken and wood was flyin everywhere.. SO the kid just finishes up at the ban saw and then breaks into a seizer. He landed fast first on the cement floor, I run over there move all the bar stools and tables away and i cushion his face and head with my arms and my jacket... and i was yelling for help since everyone was out side the classroom... Finally they came inside seeing me and him on the floor, and I yelled for one person to run to the nurse and for another person to ive me more clothes to help cushion him.... and the kid was so thankful for me, and I guess was very grateful.. But I would expect, for anyone who was in that room instead of me would of done the same thing.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

i've saved a couple of animals including my cousin's dog, no people. My Mom however has saved me from drowning twice. First was a kindergarten pool party (who has a fuckin 5 y/o pool party?). My mom noticed an overall lack of supervision, so she stayed for a little while. The mom of the house ended up going inside to make some fucking food! Shortly after I was under water struggling to surface. I couldn't, and my mom jumped into action and grabbed me. That worthless cunt (owner of the house) would have let me die because she needed some food, she didn't even know my mom was there meaning that she would have thought my mom would watch if she had known. We left shortly after. I took swimming lessons (fine ass high school girl at the time, would later become one of my 5th grade teachers ) and all was well for awhile. Then when swimming at a deep neighborhood pool, my little bro decided he couldn't swim, or was fucking with me, and starfished to my face and I sunk. Mom had to rip him off. He got first time swim lessons and I improved my skills a little more with aforementioned fine ass swim coach girl.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I was walking into the mall to do a little shopping on Saturday and was walking along the "inner loop" road that runs around the mall between the parking lot and mall. Well, this kid and his mother (on her cell phone) were walking towards me (kid was balancing on the curb and his mother was walking on the grass), so I move into the road so I'm not in their way. As I'm getting level with them, I hear a car coming up behind me, so I turn my head around to see if I should move out of the car's way. I see I'm fine where I am, so I turn back around to continue walking. As I turn around, this all happens in super slow motion... the kid walking towards me, jumps in front of me (car can't see the kid past me), then jumps in front of the car. I instinctively grab the kid by the shoulders and yank him out of the car's way. The car slams on it's brakes, which gets the attention of the mother. She looks over and see's me holding her kid. She runs over and hits me with her purse and yells at me to get off of her kid. I then stand up and grab her purse before she can hit me again and tell her to calm down. Of course, she gets more hysterical and screams at the top of her lungs for help. A security guard at the door runs over and sees me trying to retrain this woman and he thinks I'm trying to rob her (in broad daylight). So he runs over and is trying to get me to the ground, which I fight, cause in my mind, I did nothing wrong. This is the point at which the driver of the car (thank God he stayed) gets out and is trying to tell the woman and the security guard what happened. The security guard finally hears his guy yelling at him to stop and he stops fighting with me (more like wrestling while standing). After the lady has stopped screaming and hitting me, the driver tells the security guard and the lady what happened. The security guard apologizes and asks if I need a first aid kit (my nose is bloody from a lucky strike from the lady's purse), I say, "I'm fine". I turn to the lady and ask if she's going to first thank me and then apologize too. She asks, "for what?" I was taken aback by that, and it took me a good 10 seconds of sputtering to get the words out..."Lets see, for saving your demented kid's life and then being beaten up by your fucking ugly-ass pink purse that feels like you have fucking bricks in it!" Her response was, "my kid isn't demented and pink is a very fashionable color," and starts walking away. The driver and the security guard both look at me aghast...I just saved his woman's young child and she's nothing even going to say "thank you". I then yell after her, "I hope there is no one around to save him the next time the little fuck-up decides to jump in front of a moving vehicle, maybe you should teach him life lessons, instead of yapping on your cell phone."

Copied from a thread I made awhile ago...damn, got me pissed off just rereading it

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Wow, that's really fucked up man.

Ok here's mine:

I had this roommate that had some health issues. He was very irresponsible on top of that so it was a bad combination. I was sleeping in my room and I wake up and hear this screaming. Still haunts me to this day. I"m like wtf is going on. So I go out into the living room and I find my roommate on the floor and shit is everywhere, just rolling around and moaning terrible. He had just been diagnosed with diabetes. I'm like fuck, he is really fucked up. Blood sugar was extremely low. I immediately called 911 and they were there really quick. Till they got there I was trying to shove sugar into his mouth. His pants were all wet, he had pissed himself and his pants were soaked. I've never seen someone so messed up, he kept calling my name and telling me to save him. I tried to hold him so he wouldn't hurt him self, he was just going nuts and he was stronger than me. His arms are like the maybe 3" thick all the way around. He is like 5'10 maybe 125-130lbs. I couldn't believe the strength he had. I guess technically he's not conscious. The paramedics came and took him away. They said he would of been dead if I woke up a few minutes later.

This was 2005, he died like a year ago...

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

When I was a teenager I saved my cousin... We were scuba diving, not too deep, but she was new at it and became caught up on some rocks and an old cable in the ocean.

One time a fellow saved my life when I was about 14 years old. I was standing between two upright steel beams on the back of a highbed and a crane swung around with a third beam that was whipping about six inches higher than the beams in the truck. I would have been cut in half if he hadn't yelled at me to duck.

I spent ten hears in heavy bridge construction and there were many times that lives were saved due to situations that occur on large complex jobsites in varied environmental conditions.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    I was walking into the mall to do a little shopping on Saturday and was walking along the "inner loop" road that runs around the mall between the parking lot and mall. Well, this kid and his mother (on her cell phone) were walking towards me (kid was balancing on the curb and his mother was walking on the grass), so I move into the road so I'm not in their way. As I'm getting level with them, I hear a car coming up behind me, so I turn my head around to see if I should move out of the car's way. I see I'm fine where I am, so I turn back around to continue walking. As I turn around, this all happens in super slow motion... the kid walking towards me, jumps in front of me (car can't see the kid past me), then jumps in front of the car. I instinctively grab the kid by the shoulders and yank him out of the car's way. The car slams on it's brakes, which gets the attention of the mother. She looks over and see's me holding her kid. She runs over and hits me with her purse and yells at me to get off of her kid. I then stand up and grab her purse before she can hit me again and tell her to calm down. Of course, she gets more hysterical and screams at the top of her lungs for help. A security guard at the door runs over and sees me trying to retrain this woman and he thinks I'm trying to rob her (in broad daylight). So he runs over and is trying to get me to the ground, which I fight, cause in my mind, I did nothing wrong. This is the point at which the driver of the car (thank God he stayed) gets out and is trying to tell the woman and the security guard what happened. The security guard finally hears his guy yelling at him to stop and he stops fighting with me (more like wrestling while standing). After the lady has stopped screaming and hitting me, the driver tells the security guard and the lady what happened. The security guard apologizes and asks if I need a first aid kit (my nose is bloody from a lucky strike from the lady's purse), I say, "I'm fine". I turn to the lady and ask if she's going to first thank me and then apologize too. She asks, "for what?" I was taken aback by that, and it took me a good 10 seconds of sputtering to get the words out..."Lets see, for saving your demented kid's life and then being beaten up by your fucking ugly-ass pink purse that feels like you have fucking bricks in it!" Her response was, "my kid isn't demented and pink is a very fashionable color," and starts walking away. The driver and the security guard both look at me aghast...I just saved his woman's young child and she's nothing even going to say "thank you". I then yell after her, "I hope there is no one around to save him the next time the little fuck-up decides to jump in front of a moving vehicle, maybe you should teach him life lessons, instead of yapping on your cell phone."

Copied from a thread I made awhile ago...damn, got me pissed off just rereading it
    Reading that gets me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information