Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Meals

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Wow, maybe the parents should be held responsible for a change, child abuse.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

i HATE california. HATEHATEHATE HAET california.

Black
    99 Z28

1:10 to 1:20...

87% of residents and most that were there opposed the bill - and it passed anyway.

Yeah, that's a government that represents the people. Of course it is.

So while this topic is up... people disgust me. Parents should have this responsibility, not government. Even if I agree that it's sick to feed your kids happy meals all the time, that's a parents right.

How long before the law suits start that are by over weight children suing their parents for not taking better care of them or giving them better guidance for what to eat? Honestly, I'm surprised this has not come up before.

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

The only reason my daughter always wants Mcdonalds is because of the toy. She could care less about the food

98 Formula
    06 duramax

just when you thought kalifornia couldn't get any worse. The people elect these guys....they also have the power to un-elect them.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

If anyone should be held responsible, it's the parents.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    just when you thought kalifornia couldn't get any worse. The people elect these guys....they also have the power to un-elect them.
    Hopefully people will get their heads outta their asses and vote these mega ass-hats out!

I keep trying. But, I'm surrounded by, well, you know

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

so then how do we hold parents responsible? do we impose a "fat child tax" on them? i'm just curious cause i think that it stands to reason that most people want the parents to have the responsibility but to also be held responsible at the same time. so inherently the latter portion of that includes some sort of government agency (health department, police, or something) to regulate, fine, or tax parents who aren't being responsible.

i remember seeing the other day where the army is concerned over the health of today's youth. the army started the move towards school lunch programs back in the 40s or 50s in order to make sure that kids were getting proper nutrition so that they would grow up healthy in case the government needed them in time of war. the concern that the army has today is that the school lunch program is loaded with things like chicken nuggets, french fries, burgers, pizza, and hot dogs...greasy fatty foods.

kids today are getting fatter and it's partially a result of what we allow the schools to serve...and those are decisions made by the school board...another local governing body.

one thing that i think is great from the health care bill is that all restaurants will be required to post their foods fat and calorie levels.

whether we like it or not...or whether we like bits and pieces of it, the government is and has been involved in the food industry for a long time now and from the indications that trend will only grow.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    so then how do we hold parents responsible? do we impose a "fat child tax" on them?
    before i read any further.. yes.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

OMFG.

look at the clip 1:01 - 1:09

See if you spot anything wrong

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    OMFG.

BK mixed up with mcdonalds?
    fackin news, man
    fackin news

so if you guys are against this ban, how do you stand on saturated fat ban or sodium ban?
    same sh!t IMO just more regulations

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by Krazydan View Post
    The only reason my daughter always wants Mcdonalds is because of the toy. She could care less about the food
    My grandson too.....I would stop & buy the latest toy for a $1 & feed him properly when we got home.
    He never had a problem with that deal.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

so then how do we hold parents responsible? do we impose a "fat child tax" on them? i'm just curious cause i think that it stands to reason that most people want the parents to have the responsibility but to also be held responsible at the same time. so inherently the latter portion of that includes some sort of government agency (health department, police, or something) to regulate, fine, or tax parents who aren't being responsible.

i remember seeing the other day where the army is concerned over the health of today's youth. the army started the move towards school lunch programs back in the 40s or 50s in order to make sure that kids were getting proper nutrition so that they would grow up healthy in case the government needed them in time of war. the concern that the army has today is that the school lunch program is loaded with things like chicken nuggets, french fries, burgers, pizza, and hot dogs...greasy fatty foods.

kids today are getting fatter and it's partially a result of what we allow the schools to serve...and those are decisions made by the school board...another local governing body.

one thing that i think is great from the health care bill is that all restaurants will be required to post their foods fat and calorie levels.

whether we like it or not...or whether we like bits and pieces of it, the government is and has been involved in the food industry for a long time now and from the indications that trend will only grow.
    school lunch ain't the problem. People will bring what they want. They banned cokes in vending machines, people still bring them among other shitty stuff. Fat fucks will be fat fucks

98 Formula
    06 duramax

how about you raise your kids and let me raise mine? It's nobody's damn business except mine what my kids eat. These same people that preach about OTHER PEOPLES kids most likely have the worst kids of the bunch. They can't raise their own kids because they're too worried about what my kid is doing.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    OMFG.

Is that a fat dude with no shirt on?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

THAT IS FUCKING ATROCITY! welcome to the land of the free and home of the the over-involved government powers. Dear local representatives, please release your totalitarian grasp on my marketing techniques.

i'm so pissed i could spit right now. this is a fucking obamanation
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 04-29-2010 at 06:42 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that's pretty fucked up... telling us how to eat, sleep, breath...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

so then how do we hold parents responsible? do we impose a "fat child tax" on them? I'm just curious cause i think that it stands to reason that most people want the parents to have the responsibility but to also be held responsible at the same time. so inherently the latter portion of that includes some sort of government agency (health department, police, or something) to regulate, fine, or tax parents who aren't being responsible.

A) The Govt should not be involved in how kids are raised by their parents. Thats the parents responsibility and no one else's.

B) The larger issue here to me is the fact that 87% opposed this bill but they still decided to pass it. Now I was under the impression that these people were elected to do what the people asked them to do not whatever the fuck crosses into their brain. But I guess if they see the president doing it they figure they can to.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

How come kids are taken away if not fed enough and mal-nutritioned, and the parents can be punished, but if they are over fed, they go after fast food companies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information