Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: haha justice

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

haha justice

Just saw on cnn, a neighboor shot and killed 2 burglars that were robbing his next door neighboor. Grand Jury gave him a pardon and he's not going to jail lol Anyone hear about this?

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

hmm... never heard about that

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

this is how it SHOULD be all the time.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

news write up anyone?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

By JUAN A. LOZANO Associated Press Writer
    Article Last Updated: 06/30/2008 02:31:19 PM CDT

HOUSTON—A Texas man who shot and killed two men he suspected of burglarizing his neighbor's home cleared in the shootings Monday by a grand jury.

Joe Horn, 61, shot the two men in November after he saw them crawling out the windows of a neighbor's house in the Houston suburb of Pasadena.
    Horn called 911 and told the dispatcher he had a shotgun and was going to kill the men. The dispatcher pleaded with him not to go outside, but Horn confronted the men with a 12-gauge shotgun and shot both in the back.

"The message we're trying to send today is the criminal justice system works," Harris County District Attorney Kenneth Magidson said.
    Horn's attorney, Tom Lambright, has said his client believed the two men had broken into his neighbor's home and that he shot them only when they came into his yard and threatened him.

The suspected burglars, Hernando Riascos Torres, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30, were unemployed illegal immigrants from Colombia. Torres was deported to Colombia in 1999 after a 1994 cocaine-related conviction.

The episode touched off protests from civil rights activists who said the shooting was racially motivated and that Horn took the law into his own hands. Horn's supporters defended his actions, saying he was protecting himself and being a good neighbor to a homeowner who was out of town.
    "I understand the concerns of some in the community regarding Mr. Horn's conduct," Magidson said. "The use of deadly force is carefully limited in Texas law to certain circumstances ... In this case, however, the grand jury concluded that Mr. Horn's use of deadly force did not rise to a criminal offense."

Lambright did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment from The Associated Press.

Texas law allows people to use deadly force to protect themselves if it is reasonable to believe they are in mortal danger. In limited circumstances, people also can use deadly force to protect a neighbor's property; for example, if a homeowner asks a neighbor to watch over his property while he's out of town.
    It's not clear whether the neighbor whose home was burglarized asked Horn to watch over his house.

Professional shit starter Smurfvette05's Avatar

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Yeah I hear about it everyday...I live in Houston. I think he did the right thing and I also believe that the grand jury didn't go ahead with this is because they knew that they would have a hard time finding people for a jury who aren't sick of people like that. I believe they got what they deserved and Joe Horn just saved me a shit load of money.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Joe Horn is the man

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

pretty cool

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

"here I go"

I love it. I wish I had him as my neighbor. I also wish we had more people like that these days. Maybe these assholes who decide to act like everything in this world is theirs, no matter who owns it, will keep their hands off.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

That guy fuckin rocks! omg, he stays on the cell phone as he finishes em off lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    "here I go"

I love it. I wish I had him as my neighbor. I also wish we had more people like that these days. Maybe these assholes who decide to act like everything in this world is theirs, no matter who owns it, will keep their hands off.
    as long as he doesn't come ill to alzheimers diseas or dimensia... just imagine "who the fuck are you?! *BOOM*"...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    That guy fuckin rocks! omg, he stays on the cell phone as he finishes em off lol
    hear the shotgun PUMP

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Sounds like something sarge would do if some dudes tried to fuck with his GTO and motor oil stash lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    as long as he doesn't come ill to alzheimers diseas or dimensia... just imagine "who the fuck are you?! *BOOM*"...
    him "god dammit Kurt Cobain, I thought you were dead!" spaz " my names Ryan, Mr. Horn" BOOM!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Sounds like something sarge would do if some dudes tried to fuck with his GTO
    no way... sarge would just walk out and be like "oh great... you must be the guys i called to come zaino my car... here is teh zaino... go to town on it... if you do i good job i'll tip ya..." and sit back and make them pricks detail his car... then his tip would be something like "don't piss on and electric wire..."

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

Alot of people around here are saying that he was a chicken for shooting them in the back, but correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't you get shot in the back if you are running away from a gun anyway.???

Maybe if the two guys had just then he would not have shot them.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

him "god dammit Kurt Cobain, I thought you were dead!" spaz " my names Ryan, Mr. Horn" BOOM!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfvette05 View Post
    Alot of people around here are saying that he was a chicken for shooting them in the back, but correct me if I am wrong, wouldn't you get shot in the back if you are running away from a gun anyway.???

Maybe if the two guys had just then he would not have shot them.
    How about the fact that they were 2 UNEMPLOYED illegals, one of them already deported in 1999 for COCAINE! Nobody is gonna miss them. Let me be the politically incorrect one and question what rights they really even have not being citizens. He was flat out saying on the phone that they came onto his yard, so he felt threatened. It would be complete bullshit for him to serve a prison term over something liek this.
    Last edited by 310stanger; 07-01-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: im a moron

Arctic White
    2000 TransAM

I was suprised at the outcome of the trial, Its good to see that the judicial system does work. Seems as if they( the JUry) were reasonable in their judgment.

Blue
    05 C6 Corvette

How about the fact that they were 2 UNEMPLOYED illegals, one of them already deported in 1999 for COCAINE! Nobody is gonna miss them. Let me be the unpolitically correct one and question what rights they really even have not being citizens. He was flat out saying on the phone that they came onto his yard, so he felt threatened. It would be complete bullshit for him to serve a prison term over something liek this.
    Hit the nail on the head with this one. I agree. He saved me a shit load of money now that I don't have to pay to have them sit in prison here, feed them, put clothes on their back, cable t.v., and medical for free....Fucking illegals...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information