Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Had something weird happen to me at a gas station last night

So last night I had to stop and get gas about 15minutes from where I live. I pulled up and noticed a hispanic male sitting next to the garbage dumpsters to the right of the building...looked pretty out of place so I made sure to keep an eye on him while I was pumping gas. My windows are really really dark on my truck so I can use it to my advantage when I'm on the other side of the vehicle. I can kind of use it as a shield in a way if that makes sense...I acted completely oblivious and I was even whistling a song while I was standing with my back to the drivers side of my truck while pumping gas and I did that on purpose to look like I didn't have a care in the world. I was using the reflections of the pump to watch what was going on behind me though.

Then it got fun...

The guy I was watching left where he was sitting, snuck around some pumps, and hid behind the pump that was directly behind my back probably about 10-12 feet from the passenger side of my truck...he was rounding the corner coming towards the tailgate of my truck when I turned around and made eye contact with him and he went running back towards the store.

I did call the local police department and report him for being suspicious for obvious reasons...I didn't see signs of a gun or knife but thats the first time I've had somebody actually try to sneak up on me before like that. I was pretty mad about it when I got home and stayed upset through most of the night honestly. My wife actually said something that kind of made me feel a little better about it. She said something to the effect that be glad it was you and not somebody else because you usually pay attention to stuff like that when others don't. So that helped a little, but I'm still upset it happened obviously.

Just thought I would share my story...always be aware of whats going on around you my friends. It can happen in both good areas and bad areas.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

This world is going to shit. Good job in keeping your senses open to your surroundings. I'm sure that guy was hoping you weren't.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

couple things.....I try to always be aware of people around me. You can't afford not to these days because anyone can be a nutcase. Another thing I do is really try to limit my odds of shit like that. I very rarely, if ever, go to gas stations at night. I'm not talking an hour after dark but like 10pm or later. I also stay out of the shitty parts of cities. There's nothing the hood has to offer me that's worth me taking a trip there. Even areas that technically aren't the hood but share the same crimes....I steer clear of them. A new restaurant or something like that in an area they're trying to build back up....build it up first then I'll think about it...until then I'll eat somewhere I won't get shot in the face over a pair of sneakers. Nothing is foolproof but I just try to play the odds to my favor.

- - - Updated - - -

ps
    is Carpy mexican?? It might have been him. I know that's how he meets a lot of his boyfriends....well...maybe not a lot but that's how he met zapper.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...glad you're alright! ...did the right thing by letting the police know, it gives a "data point" to them at least so they know what's going on in that area... POS was maybe a panhandler, maybe worse, ...don't let them get close to you!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yup, you've got to do more than just defensive driving these days. Defensive living is required. I keep my eyes open and always pay attention to my surroundings, day or night. It seems as though the loitering and homeless population is growing at a fast rate.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Way to handle yourself and spook that fool. I'm sure he's looking over his own shoulder much more right now. Whenever i'm out somewhere at night I feel like i'm always ready for a fight waiting for somebody to try something.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    This world is going to shit.

Really? Crime rates are trending down drastically over the past twenty+ years. Interestingly enough, it's an argument that has been used many times on this forum, typically by gun owners in response to new gun legislation from the left (rightfully so).

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc..._1993-2012.xls

The world isn't going to shit at all, some people just want to see it burn though.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Really? Crime rates are trending down drastically over the past twenty+ years. Interestingly enough, it's an argument that has been used many times on this forum, typically by gun owners in response to new gun legislation from the left (rightfully so).

The world isn't going to shit at all, some people just want to see it burn though.
    I was actually reading today that they released 2015 numbers and they have dropped even more.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I was actually reading today that they released 2015 numbers and they have dropped even more.
    Still good to pay attention (like you did), but the whole "the sky is falling" thing just isn't true.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think it's more of a case of where the crimes happen and what type than how many. Crime has moved more into the suburbs instead of just being limited to the "bad areas" of towns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I think it's more of a case of where the crimes happen and what type than how many. Crime has moved more into the suburbs instead of just being limited to the "bad areas" of towns.
    That certainly appears to be accurate. At least in the areas that I frequent...break in's, robberies, etc appear to be on the rise in the burbs but violent crimes are a different story.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I was being facetious, but thanks for the detailed stat sheet.

red
    95 Z28

That seems fairly like a fairly subjective claim.

I was being facetious, but thanks for the detailed stat sheet.
    Yeah I know. I figured it was just one of those "My preferred political party isn't in power therefore I think the world is going down the shitter" kinds of posts.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That seems fairly like a fairly subjective claim.

Yeah I know. I figured it was just one of those "My preferred political party isn't in power therefore I think the world is going down the shitter" kinds of posts.
    My preferred political party would be the return of Clinton. Those were the good days.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

My preferred political party would be the return of Clinton. Those were the good days.
    Don't say that too loud.

You might get a returning Clinton, but not the one you're thinking of

Though there would probably still be many women visiting the oval office for reasons non-political

red
    95 Z28

Scissoring in the oval office this time?
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I live just outside of Baltimore, trust me, where I am. It isn't "going to shit", its there. People from warzones look at us and say "thats some effed up shit!"

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Don't say that too loud.

You might get a returning Clinton, but not the one you're thinking of

Though there would probably still be many women visiting the oval office for reasons non-political
    I'll get First Lady Bill and that's all I care about.

Thread Information