Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Had some fun today! Drove a 96 Impala SS!

Well, I was riding out to Maryland because i had an apponintment to get the lights smoked out on the suburban but it was cancelled because i doubt i'll still have it anymore after the next month or so.

Well i'm riding along trying to get out of D.C. in stop and go traffic and i see this NICE black impala ss on this guys front lawn and it looked to be in MINT condition and it had a for sale sign on the front window and i was bored as hell sitting in traffic and decided to pull over and take a look at it. So i stop and pull the truck over infront of the guys house. I finally get close enough to see the for sale sign and take a look at it. It says "Ring doorbell for more info".

I'm like ok maybe i shouldn't so i began to walk away and as soon as i get to the passenger side door of my truck i hear some old guys voice "Hey! young man!, you must be interested in my impala come here son!" So i'm like "Yes I am! How much do you have it for sale for?" He says "It's 5600!" I'm like "Wow okay do you mind if i take a look inside!" He says "Sure!"

So I walk up to the car and he walks down to it also and he looked to be about 65-70 black guy. He takes the keys and unlocks it and says "take a look inside it's in good condition" It really was it was flawless the seats hardly had any cracks in them at all. I say "It's absoultley beautiful sir, why would you sell such a nice car?" he says "Well my wife passed about a month ago and this was our hot rod for 13 years and it just won't be the same without her" I say "I'm sorry about that i shouldn't have asked" he says " It's okay young man everybody has a time" I'm like "Yes thats the truth sir" So then he says "So! Would you like to take it out for a test drive?" I'm like "Ummm if you feel like dealing with it today if not i could come back another time" He says "Sure! Let me get the keys i'll be right back."

So he says "here are the keys and if you don't mind i'll ride along with you" I'm like "absolutley!" So he lets me drive it off the lawn into the street and we got on the beltway and went on this back road to test out the handling and such then i went back and got all his info and such and told him i'll be more than happy to do buisness with him and i'll be back very soon ready to purchase.

I was very impressed with the car it's got a shitload of torque and handles pretty nice and is an absolute killer on the highway i can imagine me having a shitload of fun in it and modding the shit out of it. It's only got 76,xxx on it so it's not a bad deal.

So moral of the story is do you think i should get this impala because i will have the money really soon or do you think i should just keep the burb? I'm leaning towards that impala. What do you guys think i should do? If i get the impala i'll give the truck to my dad and i guess my bro can have it.

Need some help here thanks fellas.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

They look badass

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Buy the Impy. They are great cars and have aftermarket support to fix anything that could break. I would love to have a Grey-Green or a Black Raspberry one.

2011 Prius

Keep the burb, not worth the trade...

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

LT1 right? Even so i'd still keep the burb...the granny car look doesn't do it for me.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Buy the Impy. They are great cars and have aftermarket support to fix anything that could break. I would love to have a Grey-Green or a Black Raspberry one.
    Yea i'm def. thinking about it very hard. I like the impala a lot also.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Keep the burb, not worth the trade...
    Well i'm not trading it lol it would probably go to my brother for his first car. But damn that was a fun car to drive though man i don't know.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    LT1 right? Even so i'd still keep the burb...the granny car look doesn't do it for me.
    Yea it's got the LT1 it's got a shitload of torque on the bottom end my god.

Ahhh cmon it doesn't look that much like a granny car. The suburban looks like a soccer mom mobile.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Buy the Impala...when I was looking for a DD, it was a race between a '98-'03 GTP and a '95-97 Impala SS. I found the GTP first and went with that. I'll eventually get an Impala for my growing collection of GM cars

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Well i'm not trading it lol it would probably go to my brother for his first car. But damn that was a fun car to drive though man i don't know.
    I would not do it, brother will probably get something else nicer anyway, how it always goes. I would just keep it or trade it for something of equal value... I have 3 LT1 blocks in my garage, one is cracked...

DCM
    95 Impala SS

I am the original owner of my 95 Impala and I say go for it. you will happy with it. I will never part with mine. I will say that the price seems great. Make sure you check it out for rust and how it runs. Did it seem to shift ok? Any leaks from the motor? You can always check out impalassforum.com for more info. HTH
    KEvin

Impounded
    gmcheviac

My truck makes the same torque (down about 15 ft/lbs) at the same rpm (2400) with less weight. Too bad it falls on it's face up top. Now you know what (a little) torque feels like. Addicting huh? I want to build up some compression and cubic inches now because anything else I do to make it faster at wot will make it slower down low, except switching to a nice single exhaust. Torque is really nice around town. My truck moves out well from a stop compared to most modern rpm biased vehicles. You might check to see if that Impala had something like 2.56 gears. The ss might not have came with those, but I think Caprices could. That car is rated at 24mpg which is awesome compared to the burb. And you can still fit all da bitchez

DCM
    95 Impala SS

Stock impala has 3.08 gears. not sure what gears the regular caprice and cop models had.
    Kevin

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Didn't the Impy have the 9C1 package?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Uhhhh if you don't buy it, I will. You can sell that to a black man down in GA for about $15,000 in its condition.....no bs. I saw a 96 with 113,000 miles back in 2004 going for $12,500 and they got it. Not trying to be racist but all the homies down south will kill to get there hands on a mint one, so they can put candy paint and rims on it
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Uhhhh if you don't buy it, I will. You can sell that to a black man down in GA for about $15,000 in its condition.....no bs. I saw a 96 with 113,000 miles back in 2004 going for $12,500 and they got it. Not trying to be racist but all the homies down south will kill to get there hands on a mint one, so they can put candy paint and rims on it
    Sad but true...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Sad but true...
    I'm headed up there if OP doesn't get it. It would be worth the trip. Hmmmm spend $6000 and get a $9000 dollar profit

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    My truck makes the same torque (down about 15 ft/lbs) at the same rpm (2400) with less weight. Too bad it falls on it's face up top. Now you know what (a little) torque feels like. Addicting huh? I want to build up some compression and cubic inches now because anything else I do to make it faster at wot will make it slower down low, except switching to a nice single exhaust. Torque is really nice around town. My truck moves out well from a stop compared to most modern rpm biased vehicles. You might check to see if that Impala had something like 2.56 gears. The ss might not have came with those, but I think Caprices could. That car is rated at 24mpg which is awesome compared to the burb. And you can still fit all da bitchez
    YES torque is fun as shit. The car has serious ass grunt down on the bottom end but yea you kinda stop feeling it pull at higher rpms a nice cam and heads package can change that though!

I like the space to. And i can fit a nice set of Kicker Subs in the Back hellz yea!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I'm headed up there if OP doesn't get it. It would be worth the trip. Hmmmm spend $6000 and get a $9000 dollar profit
    pfft...D.C. is closer to me...I'll race you there

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yea you probably won't have to worry about that i think i'm gonna pick it up. Maybe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information