Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Unhappy Guys I need help quick.

My cousin just called me and she was very upset...her BF just broke up with her and she tried to commit suicide...she is crying so much. She is legally blind and its very hard for her to find someone as is. She says that she is tired of being alone. Her sister doesn't see the pain nor does her mother. I am so worried about her right now and I want to call my Mother and tell her, but I know my mom will open her mouth to my aunt and things might get worse.

Quick is there anything I can say to her to make her feel better?

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    My cousin just called me and she was very upset...her BF just broke up with her and she tried to commit suicide...she is crying so much. She is legally blind and its very hard for her to find someone as is. She says that she is tired of being alone. Her sister doesn't see the pain nor does her mother. I am so worried about her right now and I want to call my Mother and tell her, but I know my mom will open her mouth to my aunt and things might get worse.

Quick is there anything I can say to her to make her feel better?
    on a real serious note open ur mouth otherwise ur not gonna have a cousin anymore cuz there r some serious issues there and get her in counseling

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by slim420832002 View Post
    on a real serious note open ur mouth otherwise ur not gonna have a cousin anymore cuz there r some serious issues there and get her in counseling
    I told her about counseling. She said she will think about it. I told her that she achieved to much already and why throw it all away. She actually got a degree in college. How many blind people actually achieve that.

White
    1998 Trans Am

i'd definetely tell someone who can get to her immediately. can't take this stuff lightly. doesn't matter who

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

no doubt. i would say send her to the chaplain, but she's not in the military.. so counseling is the only other option.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Suicide Hotline dude...ASAP!!!

She's reaching out for help and if it does not come, she may go through with it. It is imperative to get her some help and attention RIGHT NOW!
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    I told her about counseling. She said she will think about it. I told her that she achieved to much already and why throw it all away. She actually got a degree in college. How many blind people actually achieve that.
    Getting dumped is pretty tough let alone being in that situation, like you said, and being dumped. Even I haven't gotten a degree, that's amazing. Definitely talk to her some more, couple times a day, whatever it takes, and try to get her professional help.

Black
    1999 Trans am

Get her the help she needs, BE THERE FOR HER, if she needs to talk to you at 3am talk to her, if she's reaching out to you, you are the one she is trying to lean on, if she lives close, try to take her out and do things....FAMILY STICKS TOGETHER!

tater_salad
    Suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem. We all go through shit. Life throws you curves, yes. Most of us can't understand the whole legally blind part, and I hope I never do, but we have to be strong. I've been in a situation where I actually tried suicide after being dumped. She was my first love, and I had proposed to her. My class ring was to hold her over until I got a diamond. I would have, and still would, go to hell and back for that girl. Love is a tough thing, I dare say we've all been through heartbreak. I still feel it when I see her, her ex boyfriends, her with a guy, her friends, hear "our song", or any little thing that reminds me of her. We all hurt, we all feel pain, we all cry at one point or another over a significant other.

Country songs are deep in their lyrics most of the time. Rodney Atkins said it best: "If You're Going Through Hell, Keep On Going". It's tough, it ain't easy, it's a rough ride, but we learn something about ourselves.

It was stated earlier that family sticks together, and for the most part, that's true. It's good that you're close enough with her that she feels like your her comforter. Be there, call her, visit her, whatever you have to do to make sure she knows you care and other people care.

Like I said earlier, life throws you curves. All we have to do is storm the mound. Dodge's slogan is the best, "Grab Life By The Horns", and that's what you have to do.

Thread Information