This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Talking Great vacation in Canada and the US

Hi Guys, just got back from abroad, my gf and me had spent the greatest 2 week vacation in the northeast. great weather, too warm for the season....
    we flew from hamburg to toronto, ontario, and then drove: niagara on the lake/ falls, buffalo, adirondack mountains, thousand islands and back to toronto. 2000 km round trip.

a few highlights: canadian warplane museum (great collection), wine tasting (well... german wine is better, sorry ontario), football game (buffalo bills : ny jets, thanks for the advice everyone, we had a blast!!!!), maid of the mist cruise at niagara falls (like taking 10 showers at once), canooing on a sunny afternoon in the adirondacks (beauty overload), hiking (is it still far?), 1000 islands cruise (why do people from india constantly take pictures? ...of each other??).

oh, btw: our rental car was a buick rendevous. why would anybody buy that, it's ugly!!! and has wwd (wrong wheel drive)!!!

a few pics: (click to see slideshow)

blue
    83 mustang 347

very nice glad you two had a good time

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Hi Guys, just got back from abroad, my gf and me had spent the greatest 2 week vacation in the northeast. great weather, too warm for the season....
    we flew from hamburg to toronto, ontario, and then drove: niagara on the lake/ falls, buffalo, adirondack mountains, thousand islands and back to toronto. 2000 km round trip.

a few highlights: canadian warplane museum (great collection), wine tasting (well... german wine is better, sorry ontario), football game (buffalo bills : ny jets, thanks for the advice everyone, we had a blast!!!!), maid of the mist cruise at niagara falls (like taking 10 showers at once), canooing on a sunny afternoon in the adirondacks (beauty overload), hiking (is it still far?), 1000 islands cruise (why do people from india constantly take pictures? ...of each other??).

oh, btw: our rental car was a buick rendevous. why would anybody buy that, it's ugly!!! and has wwd (wrong wheel drive)!!!

a few pics: (click to see slideshow)

Click for full size
    glad to see you liked buffalo, food kicks ass & i have yet to meet somebody that has had a "beef on weck" send pics.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

beef on weck??? i had wings at the anchor bar of course (like a couple of times before), but...

btw, sweet avatar, doberman.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    beef on weck??? i had wings at the anchor bar of course (like a couple of times before), but...

btw, sweet avatar, doberman.
    Anchor bar HAAAAAAAA wings HAAAAAAA brings back memories , the beef on weck is beef on a cimoweck dont know if i spelled that right but it's a roll with like salt&seeds on top of it very good.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

cool, i'll try it next time!

Black
    2005 GTO

You got some really good pics. I love it up in that area, I'm from the adirondacks area, Hiked many of the mountains when I was younger. I definetly miss the mountains and cleen crisp air. 1000 islands is amazing I went there on my way to canada back in 99.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    You got some really good pics. I love it up in that area, I'm from the adirondacks area, Hiked many of the mountains when I was younger. I definetly miss the mountains and cleen crisp air. 1000 islands is amazing I went there on my way to canada back in 99.
    i've been to lake placid before, and i have to say the smaller, less known places are much nicer. and you're right, the air...
    and 1000 islands: the greatest is the ferry from cape vincent, ny to wolfe island, ontario. 8 cars max and a tiny border station at each dock.

pie
    free

Looks like a great time. Wish I could take vacations like that.

Black
    2005 GTO

Your pics are making me so jealous. I really need to go back up there, I miss the mountains so much its just so boring and flat here in fl. Hopefully I can make a trip up next summer.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i've been to florida a couple of times, yeah, flat, but the weather....
    where in fl are you located?

Black
    2005 GTO

Well sure the weather is great compared to gremany but it really is not as great as most think. The only nice time is the fall and winter other than that it is hot as crap. In the summer you don't even want to be outside cause sweet will instantly start pouring off you. Then comes the wonderfull daily thunderstorms, it will pour like a mofo for about 30 minutes ever day in the summer then the sun comes out and the humidity goes from 100% to 10000%. Not to mention the hurricanes and tornados that come along with the hurricanes. Then all winter we are in a drought and half the state is on fire and the air is full of smoke.

I would take a upstate ny summer day over any day in fl.

I'm in the jacksonville area.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

been to jacksonville a couple of years ago in september, was nice. but those storms are a real bummer, i drove into a class 1 hurricane once, not again, thanks...

Thread Information