Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Grandfather died today, and i'm pissed

I'm saying this here because i need to vent and can't do it around family

Background:

My grandfather was told he had lung and brain cancer a couple weeks ago and they couldn't operate on it. For the last few days he has been laying in bed at home under hospice care.

Today:
    I get a call saying he died. I got there about a half hour later and the whole family was there and his body was still in the bed.

I go outside to smoke and i see the hurse from the funeral home pull in the driveway. (No ambulance needed since the hospice woman was there to declare death)

The car parks and these two old fucks get out. No joke these guys could have been WW2 vets. They get the gurney out of the back and these guys head toward the house.

All my relatives except for myself, my cousin and my uncle go to the back deck of the house because they don't want to see the body taken out. They were all taking it really hard.

The guy steering the gurney toward us could barely walk in a straight line and kept falling off the walkway to the front door. (It is pretty long and has many steps).

I have to help these old fucks carry the EMPTY gurney to the house. I'm starting to think what kind of mickey mouse bullshit is this. Once inside the house the one guy made a comment about how he has trouble walking since his stroke.

They wheel the gurney to the room my grandfather was in, and of course me and my cousin have to pick up my grandfather and put him on the gurney because these old bastards can't do it.

We go to leave the house and guess what, me and my cousin are having to wheel the gurney out because the old fucks can't get down the stairs with it. As we are rolling it ourselves, i hit some fucking button that collapses the legs to the gurney and almost dump the body off of it had it not been strapped on to it.

I'M READY TO KILL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW.

We get to the car and they leave and I start going fucking ballistic. My cousin and uncle agree with me but they tell me to calm down and don't mention it because the rest of the family couldn't handle it.

I want to fucking choke someone right now.

I want so bad to just tell everyone that this company is BULLSHIT.

I can't tell my dad this because he will fucking snap. Same thing with some other relatives.
    Last edited by CaptainCaveMan; 09-10-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Wow sounds familiar. Last giant snow we had my grandfather died from lung cancer via hospice(I moved in with him to help) Snow was a good 3 foot deep and no chance to get the body to the road without a 4wd truck. So they put him in a wrapped up stretcher and laid him in the back of a 4wd ford pickup just to make it to the main highway to the hurse. Pretty shitty but he is dead and im pretty sure he doesnt give a shit. We still donate money to Hospice and my grandmother helps out with them. My supervisors dad just died with the same situation.

Remember 99.99999999 percent of hospice people do it to help. Yeah they shouldnt do it if they cant lift a lot a body. They are just trying to help. The man is dead and you arent going to bring him back no matter how much arguing and cursing and fightning happens. Go ahead say Im just 19 but I have been a pawbear over 15 times. Morn him and turn the anger into something constructive. Thats part of dealing with having a family member die at home, sorry for what happened but and it shouldnt have went down like that. Thats all i know to tell you

-Josh-

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Wow sounds familiar. Last giant snow we had my grandfather died from lung cancer via hospice(I moved in with him to help) Snow was a good 3 foot deep and no chance to get the body to the road without a 4wd truck. So they put him in a wrapped up stretcher and laid him in the back of a 4wd ford pickup just to make it to the main highway to the hurse. Pretty shitty but he is dead and im pretty sure he doesnt give a shit. We still donate money to Hospice and my grandmother helps out with them. My supervisors dad just died with the same situation.

Remember 99.99999999 percent of hospice people do it to help. Yeah they shouldnt do it if they cant lift a lot a body. They are just trying to help. The man is dead and you arent going to bring him back no matter how much arguing and cursing and fightning happens. Go ahead say Im just 19 but I have been a pawbear over 15 times. Morn him and turn the anger into something constructive. Thats part of dealing with having a family member die at home, sorry for what happened but and it shouldnt have went down like that. Thats all i know to tell you

-Josh-
    It wasn't the hospice people i want to choke it was the funeral home people

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sorry you had to go through that.

That is a bit much. There is no need for the rest of the family to be involved, but if it were me? I'd be on the phone and let the funeral home have a piece of my mind. As a matter of fact, if it's as bad as you described, I'd also be filing a report.

Losing a loved one is hard enough. But these people are supposed to help make it easier, not give you a coronary!

And, I would think that it is against company policy to have members of the deceased family moving the body and or wheeling him or her out to the vehicle. Not to mention not strapping him in. They should have sent people out who can handle the job with grace and dignity...

I don't blame you for needing to vent. But, don't let it make a hard time for you even harder.

Again, sorry you had to deal with shit like that.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Shit I cant read... Yeah most definately they needed someone better since they charge out the ass for a funeral

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

that's crap dude...i'd be pissed as well.

sorry to hear about your loss.

RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

sorry to hear about your loss
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

sorry for your loss, once lung cancer is delcared its only a matter of time before it hits the brain, thats horrible.

Very sorry

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

prayers sent for your family...........very sorry for your loss

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Sorry for your loss.

Thread Information