Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Gran turismo fans we need to talk.

Hey guys,

What is going on with polyphony? or whatever there name is

Forza 3 will be coming out in october and us ps3 players are still playing that Damn GT5 prolouge.... i am so pissed with this ps3 shit.... this is the main reason i bought the PS3 was for Gran Turismo and i don't even know if it'll be coming out..... i shoulda just kept the damn xbox or saved up for some damn mods or another car.

How do you guys feel about this Forza 3 vs. Gran turismo thing?

You think it'll be well worth the wait or what?

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Should be. Isn't it at the first of the year?

I really really really want the Logitech G25 for GT5. Not sure about paying 300 bucks for it though. That said, the G27 is due out 'soon', so the price on the G25 should drop.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Forza 3, forget about GT

2011 Prius

To my understanding, it comes out Dec 29, 2009. There is also so most to have the Top Gear test track also.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Should be. Isn't it at the first of the year?

I really really really want the Logitech G25 for GT5. Not sure about paying 300 bucks for it though. That said, the G27 is due out 'soon', so the price on the G25 should drop.
    +1 I want one of those to. But they are waaaaaay much money.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yea if it's not out by the end of the year or the beginning of next im calling it quits because this is just ridiculous..... I can't believe it takes this long to make a game....

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

I was a big GT fan for years but it's taking way too long and will most likely be a let down. Sorry but Forza has won me over. I mean fuck, Obama will have the health care plan figured out before GT hit the markets.
    Last edited by Soltakr; 08-22-2009 at 01:35 PM.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i still totally love gt4, though i rarely play it anymore. i won't be getting a ps3 before gt5 is out and i tried it.

Trans Am owner
    former

I am a HUGE GT4 fan. over 6,000 game days. that game has taught me A LOT about suspension tuning, and more.

I wish I could afford a ps3, and hopefully GT5 will come out with a in car camera

Impounded
    gmcheviac

One thing that I hate about gt4 is that regardless of my settings it seems like there is almost a traction or stability control. And I have everything turned off? Makes it hard to get sideways or whatever. And i'm talking about very powerful cars, like my 640 horsepower superbird. Anyone else experience this? Is gt5 supposed to have crash damage?

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

a PC sim called Live for Speed > GT4/5 or Forza 1/2/3...any racing game really

liveforspeed.net

the physics have been one up on any racing game since forever

you know how tire physics/animations are being introduced into forza 3? it's been around for years in liveforspeed.

damage modeling? same thing. (although parts don't fly off yet)

give it a try. (it's best played with a wheel though)
    Last edited by Poppn; 08-22-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Trans Am owner
    former

the best physics are in Enthusia for PS2.

actually, sitting in my room with the driving wheel and that game have turned me into a better driver on the road. the cars arent snappy, yet can still be unpredictable like real cars.

they have a 2000 Z-28 with an auto trans, and it behaves just like my car, its awesome. I can now get my car sideways with much more confidence then before.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i remember GT4 took forever to come out, kept getting bumped back and back

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I play GT and I am thinking about getting a used console from GameStop soon. I wanna get GT5 to see how it is. The last 4 were awesome. I still play 4 to rock my 04 GTO. I have to mod my 02 Maro SS to see how that beast will take the turns.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I play GT and I am thinking about getting a used console from GameStop soon. I wanna get GT5 to see how it is. The last 4 were awesome. I still play 4 to rock my 04 GTO. I have to mod my 02 Maro SS to see how that beast will take the turns.
    Becarefull, some PS3's will not play the old PS2 games, check Amazon. But you will pay a penny.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You gave up your 360 for a ps3? I could never do that Live is just too awesome...hardware wise I could though.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Becarefull, some PS3's will not play the old PS2 games, check Amazon. But you will pay a penny.
    I gotcha. I still have my PS1. I will be keeping the PS2 as well.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Yeah rumor has GT5 coming before the end of the year as well as the G27 racing wheel which adds some pretty trick features like a shift light. Sadly it seems that in car cameras will only be available on cars new to the GT series. Something like 100 "premium" cars will have fully modeled interiors. Supposedly the interiors will be able to come apart during crashes as well. A LOT of cars will be carryovers from GT4 meaning that with all the new metal the game will have something in the neighborhood of 900-1000 cars. I made it a mission to drive everything in GT4 and STILL haven't gotten around to all 720 cars, though I have done about 400+. I will patiently await the arrival of GT5. I still have the drivers seat from my sisters Olds Achieva waiting for a base and PVC mounting points for a G27. I will make a cockpit out of this and I will be kicking ass on PSN. WOO!!!

05 Ducati 999
    06 Mazdaspeed6

I checked Game Stop and their release date for GT5 is May 0f 2010. I cant remember the exact date but i remember it was May, which is really depressing.

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    Yeah rumor has GT5 coming before the end of the year as well as the G27 racing wheel which adds some pretty trick features like a shift light. Sadly it seems that in car cameras will only be available on cars new to the GT series. Something like 100 "premium" cars will have fully modeled interiors. Supposedly the interiors will be able to come apart during crashes as well. A LOT of cars will be carryovers from GT4 meaning that with all the new metal the game will have something in the neighborhood of 900-1000 cars. I made it a mission to drive everything in GT4 and STILL haven't gotten around to all 720 cars, though I have done about 400+. I will patiently await the arrival of GT5. I still have the drivers seat from my sisters Olds Achieva waiting for a base and PVC mounting points for a G27. I will make a cockpit out of this and I will be kicking ass on PSN. WOO!!!
    but honestly, I think I have driven about 90% of the entertaining cars. theres a bunch that I dont waste my time with. like the 50-100hp cars.....its just a bore.....

also, hopefully they redo the sound of the v-8 cars too. because the corvette Z06 is a Massive disappointment to me in GT4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information