Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

gotta love the east coast mentality

NEW YORK -- Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez was reprimanded by the team's television network for "inappropriate" remarks during a broadcast about a female member of San Diego's training staff.

"I won't say that women belong in the kitchen, but they don't belong in the dugout," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2420288

"It's a little shocking but you know what -- it happens," she said. "He not only discredited me as a person, but he discredited women."

Someone get me a pic of this chick. If she is a tubby mustache wearing chick i will be shocked. I doubt she is or she would not be allowed to eye candy around for team....i may be wrong.

Which part is the East Coast Mentality?
    His sexist remark or the fact that he was reprimanded for it?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    Which part is the East Coast Mentality?
    His sexist remark or the fact that he was reprimanded for it?

How was it sexist? He even said after it that he was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    How was it sexist? He even said after it that he was joking.
    So if that's not sexist than I guess this isn't racist?

"I won't say that blacks belong in the cotton field, but they don't belong in the senate," he said.

Hernandez, a former Mets star, then laughed and said: "You know I am only teasing. I love you brothas out there -- always have."
    Last edited by BillyT; 04-24-2006 at 08:37 PM.

lol, go to the link, the video is of her. - I'de hit it.

WOOF! i really thought it was a dude with the jaw line and shoulders. Sorry for its luck but this was nothing more than a joke.

So if that's not sexist than I guess this isn't racist?

"I won't say that blacks belong in the cotton field, but they don't belong in the senate," he said.

Hernandez, a former Mets star, then laughed and said: "You know I am only teasing. I love you brothas out there -- always have."
    Well with a last name like hernandez i cannot see him getting introuble for race jokes just ask mencia or chapelle

This is just the media looking for attention and some maxipad groups are going to try and eat this up.

this was nothing more than a joke.
    Yup, a joke that sends a nice message to this little girl from a baseball star.

Last edited by BillyT; 04-24-2006 at 09:39 PM.

Yup, a joke that sends a nice message to this little girl from a baseball star.

Click for full size

Yes of course just like seeing how close her dream comes to getting on a majorleague baseball field is either being a massage therapist, or towel girl,because we all know there is a real career in baseball for her. Kinda like the WNBA, the female football league that crashed here before it could even get off the ground.

Get real lets not get into the sex.vs.sex both have things they are good at. I could never understand how people think everything has to be fair and PC.

I could never understand how people think everything has to be fair and PC.
    I'm the furthest thing from PC, but suggesting on TV in front of millions of Americans, jokingly or not, that women belong in the kitchen, is simply offensive no matter how it's spun.

He said he didn't say that women belonged ..... He assumed only the head trainer was allowed in the dugout. You gotta love Hernandez - Heck he's been on Sienfeld !

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731
    He said he didn't say that women belonged
    "I won't say that women belong in the kitchen, but they don't belong in the dugout," he said.

who cares..........all the east coast cares about is the east coast, it's like the rest of the world doesn't exist. What he said was wrong just because you can't say things like that over the air and not be reprimanded for it.........what the hell was the idiot thinking. Obviously he doesn't belong in a broadcast booth.......He should be suspended for saying something so non PC. I am not PC but then again I am not a broadcaster representing a company and a city........How can he not realize what he was saying was wrong, it's not like people are that careless and just drop f bombs in the middle of their broadcast. I will in the privacy of my own home crack some jokes, but that has nothing to do with what I would do at work. I hope that they make him do some "girl" jobs as community service, like doing dishes in a shelter or something...........serves his ass right.
    Last edited by Liquifire; 04-25-2006 at 03:26 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire
    who cares..........all the east coast cares about is the east coast, it's like the rest of the world doesn't exist. What he said was wrong just because you can't say things like that over the air and not be reprimanded for it.........what the hell was the idiot thinking. Obviously he doesn't belong in a broadcast booth.......He should be suspended for saying something so non PC. I am not PC but then again I am not a broadcaster representing a company and a city........How can he not realize what he was saying was wrong, it's not like people are that careless and just drop f bombs in the middle of their broadcast. I will in the privacy of my own home crack some jokes, but that has nothing to do with what I would do at work. I hope that they make him do some "girl" jobs as community service, like doing dishes in a shelter or something...........serves his ass right.
    "girl" jobs ? or vaccuming , or how about make him iron the Padres uniforms before the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire
    Your as much of an ass as Hernandez!

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Way to go Hernandez, 'bout time someone with some balls spoke the truth.
    Get the hell out of dugout, locker rooms, men's clubs etc.

Oooops! This isn't 1955? Oh well, I guess he spoke aloud what only PC men dare think these days.

What an age we live in! Gotta hide your opinions from the GD PC world!
    What a freakin waste!

Where are all the freakin men in this world? Castrated or dead from the wars?

Sorry boys, I love women, but if it weren't for sex I would have nothing to say to them!

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    I love women, but if it weren't for sex I would have nothing to say to them!
    And with that, the value of your opinion just shot straight to zero.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

And with that, the value of your opinion just shot straight to zero.
    Well who gives a flying f**k what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion you pompous ass!

I've been shot, stabbed, and damned near blown up in my 58 yaers on this earth.
    I am an opiniated, sexist man.
    I can cook, clean, sew, launder, and make money. I have no need for a woman other than sex. My women like the fact I'm such a man, and would not have me any other way.
    The only person this seems to bother is you, so take your troll a** out the door or
    Last edited by rbob93; 04-25-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Well who gives a flying f**k what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion you pompous ass!

I've been shot, stabbed, and damned near blown up in my 58 yaers on this earth.
    I am an opiniated, sexist man.
    I can cook, clean, sew, launder, and make money. I have no need for a woman other than sex. My women like the fact I'm such a man, and would not have me any other way.
    The only person this seems to bother is you, so take your troll a** out the door or
    You shoo is opiniated, Mr. Man!

Last edited by BillyT; 04-25-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information