Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Got a ticket in the mail!!!

WTF is wrong with our POS Goverment!!! I wish they would just come beat the Hell out of me, Steal all Money, Burn my house, Beat my car all to hell and then throw me in the ocean to never be seen again!!!

So I got a ticket in the mail 50$ for running a red light I was already half way through.

I just feel its an Invasion of Privacy in so many ways. I mean are we so damn bad we need camera's on us at all time in all places?

Im going to send them a check in the mail along with a picture of my ass so maybe they can have some real evidence and they can send me another ticket for some more of my money. I feel I do Nothing but work my life away to pay for B.S like this.

I wished I lived on the moon away from dumb ass bitches that set in there cute little offices with there palm tree's and tv remote watching a camera waiting for some action.

Sorry guys just tired of being pushed around.

I know I was in the wrong of running the light. Thats not the problem. Problem is they send you a ticket for money and it never even shows on your driving record. Its just a Money Trap.

NBM
    99 TA

just take a picture of the 50 dollar bill and mail it to them

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    then they mail back a picture of handcuffs.

"very old joke"

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I think its cheaper to live in jail!!! LOL I hear they have cable too.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    then they mail back a picture of handcuffs.

"very old joke"
    yep but still funny none the less haha

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Yellow means prepare to stop.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Yellow means prepare to stop.
    Ya I know, But I was in a City I didn't know much about and I was following my cousin and his race car. Kinda Got caught in the middle of a No stop situation. I didn't see it until it was too late. Its not like I ran it meaning too.

maryland started mailing out tickets for speeding now.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

they have to prove it was you driving the car. the car doesn't get the ticket the person does. the picture has to show YOU driving. it could be anybody driving the car so how can they prove it was you.i beat a speeding ticket that way, the cop pulled me over and said he clocked me on new laser radar speeding. i asked him where the radar was on the car because i noticed the the car he was driving was some old yard car. he told me the cop that clocked me was up on a bridge about a mile back. i asked him if that was legal and that pissed him off and he said he'd see me in court. i asked for a supporting deposition on the not guilty plea and of course i never got one because the officer who issues the ticket has to witness the offense and since that was the cop on the bridge how could he say he saw ME speeding(the issuing officer). well he just never showed up and that was that. the officer that issues the ticket has to be able to support his claim that you broke the law. just beacause they're cops it doesen't mean that they allways do thing by the book.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    maryland started mailing out tickets for speeding now.
    Thats Great!! Isn't life getting pointless?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i want to run a light just so i can do that...

red light ticket

I got bit too. The city plays with the light change times (yellow to red) to up their source of (illegal in some states, check the internet) revenues. They "claim" the light is working correctly but fail to mention they play with the change times. If you document it you may find what I say is true. When they play with the timing, it actually CAUSES MORE ACCIDENTS since drivers slam on the brakes to avoid running the light. Just another way for Big Brother to screw the little Guy legally. Only in America. BTW, I stopped driving and now take the train to work. marty

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by twozs View Post
    they have to prove it was you driving the car. the car doesn't get the ticket the person does.
    Where i live it is the opposite, photo radar takes a pic of the license plate and the registered owner gets the ticket. Its just a fine tho - no points against anyones license

red light ticket

The car gets the ticket. If you refuse to pay, they will boot your car and tow it in the city where you got the ticket. They may also try to suspend your license if they can prove it's you or you admit it. I have only one thing to say to them....

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by chevmastertech View Post
    I got bit too. The city plays with the light change times (yellow to red) to up their source of (illegal in some states, check the internet) revenues. They "claim" the light is working correctly but fail to mention they play with the change times. If you document it you may find what I say is true. When they play with the timing, it actually CAUSES MORE ACCIDENTS since drivers slam on the brakes to avoid running the light. Just another way for Big Brother to screw the little Guy legally. Only in America. BTW, I stopped driving and now take the train to work. marty
    I live in the woods So No train for me to take or I would of already been on it.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Where i live it is the opposite, photo radar takes a pic of the license plate and the registered owner gets the ticket. Its just a fine tho - no points against anyones license
    Yup thats what I got, A picture of my truck and my Plate.

primevil
    2000 FRC

You don't have to pay it. The pic has no proof that it was you driving. It's up to you to admit guilt. At least that's how it works here.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by twozs View Post
    they have to prove it was you driving the car. the car doesn't get the ticket the person does. the picture has to show YOU driving. it could be anybody driving the car so how can they prove it was you.i beat a speeding ticket that way, the cop pulled me over and said he clocked me on new laser radar speeding. i asked him where the radar was on the car because i noticed the the car he was driving was some old yard car. he told me the cop that clocked me was up on a bridge about a mile back. i asked him if that was legal and that pissed him off and he said he'd see me in court. i asked for a supporting deposition on the not guilty plea and of course i never got one because the officer who issues the ticket has to witness the offense and since that was the cop on the bridge how could he say he saw ME speeding(the issuing officer). well he just never showed up and that was that. the officer that issues the ticket has to be able to support his claim that you broke the law. just beacause they're cops it doesen't mean that they allways do thing by the book.

What? Do not try to get anybody to believe that with red light/speed cameras. If you are the registered owner of the car you are OWNED. The moral of this story is obey the law, be very selective who you loan your car to, and you likely will never receive a mailed ticket.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    WTF is wrong with our POS Goverment!!! I wish they would just come beat the Hell out of me, Steal all Money, Burn my house, Beat my car all to hell and then throw me in the ocean to never be seen again!!!

So I got a ticket in the mail 50$ for running a red light I was already half way through.

I just feel its an Invasion of Privacy in so many ways. I mean are we so damn bad we need camera's on us at all time in all places?

Im going to send them a check in the mail along with a picture of my ass so maybe they can have some real evidence and they can send me another ticket for some more of my money. I feel I do Nothing but work my life away to pay for B.S like this.

I wished I lived on the moon away from dumb ass bitches that set in there cute little offices with there palm tree's and tv remote watching a camera waiting for some action.

Sorry guys just tired of being pushed around.

I know I was in the wrong of running the light. Thats not the problem. Problem is they send you a ticket for money and it never even shows on your driving record. Its just a Money Trap.
    I can understand your frustration, but like you said above (in bold), all this started because you chose to run a red light (and I mean no disrespect by that). If it's like most cities that use these cameras, you are basically getting a civil fine only, instead of a moving violation that would cost you a lot more when the insurance company finds out. So it's not all bad news. Just remember those things don't take breaks, eat, sleep, or even blink.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperC5 View Post
    You don't have to pay it. The pic has no proof that it was you driving. It's up to you to admit guilt. At least that's how it works here.
    In Texas? The state of the most overturned convictions in the USA?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information