Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

got pulled over toinght...

and the cop was polite,wrote me a ticket for 66 in a 50 (which i deserved),and the whole thing took about 5 minutes. hate that i got a ticket, i was going 66 mph, but this was on I-85 in montgomery where it ends at I-65,the city has the speed limit set a 50 mph on a 4-lane interstate,which i think is a speed trap,but it is what it is.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    and the cop was polite,wrote me a ticket for 66 in a 50 (which i deserved),and the whole thing took about 5 minutes. hate that i got a ticket, i was going 66 mph, but this was on I-85 in montgomery where it ends at I-65,the city has the speed limit set a 50 mph on a 4-lane interstate,which i think is a speed trap,but it is what it is.
    Sorry to hear that man, yeah you have to be careful, do you guys have that new driver responsibilty law in your state?

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

what,this is alabama,we don't even have vehicle inspections. but yeah it sucked because the wife and i were just going home,not trying to do anything illegal,i was in the far left lane which ends because of road work and i sped up a bit to get past a 18 wheeler before the lane ends and out of no where *bam* blue lights. but the cop was polite so i'm upset (at myself) but not at him he was just doing his job.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    what,this is alabama,we don't even have vehicle inspections. but yeah it sucked because the wife and i were just going home,not trying to do anything illegal,i was in the far left lane which ends because of road work and i sped up a bit to get past a 18 wheeler before the lane ends and out of no where *bam* blue lights. but the cop was polite so i'm upset (at myself) but not at him he was just doing his job.
    I know it is not fun getting ticket. But I give you props for admitting hey it was kinda your doing. I also give you a big prop for saying the cop was cool and was just doing his job. Sounds like you handled it well!!

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

thanks,66 in a 50 sounds bad untill you realize it was on the interstate with 4 lanes of traffic in each direction,they have had the limit set at 50 for a long time now,shoulda known better,but didn't think i was going fast enough to get cited....wrong.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

yeah that sucks man,the only speeding ticket i have ever recieved was in a speed trap set up

there is a little town a few hours away from me ,the highway is 70 all the way until you come over the top of this overpass where it changes to 50 at the bottom and of course the local cop was sitting at the bottom waiting,it is really b.s. if you ask me but i didnt fight it just did defensive driving and got it off my record

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Well I agree it sound like a speed trap. But you could have complained and been an arse and well it could have been way worse. Trust me I hate tickets also..

NBM
    2002 pontiac Trans Am Ws6

If your state offers it request to do defensive driving way way cheaper to do it that way than paying it and it wont go on your record its easy and you can do it online it cost me $25 to do it online and only had to pay the court fee which was a $100 and the ticket fee and ticket itself were dismissed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I had to double check, and low and behold, your age is >25, and sure enough, you exhibit lots of maturity. No ranting, no bitching about a cop being a dick, how you were discriminated against, and also no "hey officer, look at these milk jugs". You get a tip of the hat from me

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Gotta be careful. In NJ the Parkway has several zones which have been downgraded from 65 to 55. A guy I was following to a GTO meet in central Jersey took off on me and he got tagged by radar...and left me behind to deal with an irate trooper even though I was doing the limit. But the trooper apologized for being nasty to me and told me he was looking for the EEDIOT who evaded him.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I had to double check, and low and behold, your age is >25, and sure enough, you exhibit lots of maturity. No ranting, no bitching about a cop being a dick, how you were discriminated against, and also no "hey officer, look at these milk jugs". You get a tip of the hat from me
    Same here, I read op's post three times to be certain and then I was like

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

You wanna talk speed traps? I forget the hiway number but there is a city in the southern part of Nevada called Searchlight. Pretty much nothing more than a wide spot in the road. In the space of ~200 yards they have signs starting at 65mph which falls to 55, then to 45, then to 35, then to 25, then to 15, which is the speed all the way through town (maybe 1 mile). Of course there is a cop sitting right there just waiting for somebody to miss it. It's like this in both directions. I travel this road to get to Lost Wages from PHX.

2011 Prius

Ouch, hit the 15 at 65... FUCK ME!!!

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

sounds like you handled it pretty well, OP. my guess for the reduced speed limit is b/c you said I-85 ends into another highway. I know at the north end of I-85 (where it merges with I-95 in Petersburg, VA), the speed is 70 -> 60 right before the merge.

lol hit 65 in a 15 and just keep driving, swerve abit, then slam on the breaks, run out of the car screaming "bees bees theyre everywhere!!"

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    lol hit 65 in a 15 and just keep driving, swerve abit, then slam on the breaks, run out of the car screaming "bees bees theyre everywhere!!"
    Sounds like a great way to get zapped.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Yup I give props to the op for laying out the story, Ive got no problems I'm in the wrong if i get a ticket hell I'll admit it on the last one I got lol. I just cant stand when they belittle you however it is what it is. Do you have the traffic clinic there? Here in FL and in Cali we have it and u pay them 70 bucks flat fee and it goes away they take care of court fees and everything.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Like mine

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Sounds like a great way to get zapped.
    Surely you've seen Tommy boy before

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Yup I give props to the op for laying out the story, Ive got no problems I'm in the wrong if i get a ticket hell I'll admit it on the last one I got lol. I just cant stand when they belittle you however it is what it is. Do you have the traffic clinic there? Here in FL and in Cali we have it and u pay them 70 bucks flat fee and it goes away they take care of court fees and everything.
    never heard of a traffic clinic,alabama is not a progressive state,they are really only interested in get the fine money. speaking of that,i got my state income tax refund friday,$134 bucks....my ticket $133 bucks...priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information