Red
    2001 Trash Can

Got a pulled over today

Long read...here's the short version

Punched it on straightaway, let off, get to intersection and hear sirens, then see cop 30 seconds later. Get 5 points and $283.00 fine for wreckless driving (the ticket states) "going 70 in a 35 with willfull diregard to pedestrains around a blind curve with numerous cross streets and approaching an intersection." I was definately speeding, but no lane changing, it was on a straightaway, there was 1 cross street, and the intersection was a mile up the road...??? Gonna fight it and hope I can get points dropped.

Damnit...Let me first start off by saying that I am an idiot, and I usually don't do this kind of stuff in the area I live in because of the crazy ass cops. A couple of my friends and my brother were visiting this weekend and we were on our way to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. My brother just got an s-10 with xtreme body kit (nice lookin little truck), and we were fuckin around...

He pulled next to me at a light, and took off when it turned green. I let him go for a bit and then laid into it pretty hard just for the hell of it, ripped past him, then slowed back down all in about 1/2 mile or so. We get up to the next light and I hear sirens (sounded like an ambulance) and a friggen cop comes flyin up behind us....DAMN!!!

I pull over, the guy asks me "you know why you got pulled over," and I said "yea." I ended up gettin 5 points or wreckless driving and a $283.00 fine. I have no infractions on my license to this point, so I'm gonna "fight" it just to hopefully get some points off. I have no clue where he was sitting, but he wrote that I was "going 70 in a 35 with willfull diregard to pedestrains around a blind curve with numerous crss streets and approaching an intersection." I was definately speeding, but no lane changing, it was on a straightaway, there was 1 cross street, and the intersection was a mile up the road...???

I know I was wrong for speeding, but I don't think I should get wreckless driving...maybe exhibition of speed, or speeding, but I'm gonna take pics of the road and everything, and demand proof of hoe he figured my speed in hopes to get points reduced.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

i just got an 88 in a 45 on the comm. barry bridge and the ticket doesnt even list a damn price....... youll see my SLP Ram Air hood in the for sale section to pay for the most likely hefty fine...

it was lke 10 pm on a thursday night and one random car was in my lane so i went around it and the second i got around i saw the cop.... still had the numbers on my back window being on the way home from atco

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Arrison24 View Post
    i just got an 88 in a 45 on the comm. barry bridge and the ticket doesnt even list a damn price....... youll see my SLP Ram Air hood in the for sale section to pay for the most likely hefty fine...

it was lke 10 pm on a thursday night and one random car was in my lane so i went around it and the second i got around i saw the cop.... still had the numbers on my back window being on the way home from atco
    Shit man that sucks. Was it jus a speeding ticket? Mine is a fuckin wreckless driving, and I have to fight it so they don't suspend my liscense cause I drive for a living! I feel like such an idiot cause I never speed around where I live, just one time and boom. I shoulda fuckin known better!

The only thing isthe cop seems kind of like a dick, like I don't really think that he'll budge at all, and if that's the case I'm gonna have to get a lawyer.

Black
    1957 BelAir

Where I live anything 20 MPH over the speed limit they can tack on wreckless driving. Whats bad is if you get any of the three in any combitation in a 10 year period they can take you driving priviledges for 10 years for habitual traffic offender. the 3 are: DUI, Wreckless driving or leaving the scene of an accident. Ask me how I know.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I know I was wrong for speeding, but I don't think I should get wreckless driving...maybe exhibition of speed, or speeding, but I'm gonna take pics of the road and everything, and demand proof of hoe he figured my speed in hopes to get points reduced.
    From what I was told you can get wreckless for 3 or more moving violations at one time...or for 25+ over the limit.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

yea im pretty sure mines just a speeding ticket at least for now.....the points wont KILL me since it was in NJ itll at worst be 2 points transferred over +fine

yea wreckless that blows.......what police department?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    From what I was told you can get wreckless for 3 or more moving violations at one time...or for 25+ over the limit.
    I know, and it would have to be 25+ over cause there was nothing else he could charge me with. I'm just trying not to loose my license as I need to drive a company vehicle for work! I'm thinking I might call a lawyer for advice. Actually, my neighbor is a judge in this area, maybe I can talk to him about it and see what he says...?

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Arrison24 View Post
    yea im pretty sure mines just a speeding ticket at least for now.....the points wont KILL me since it was in NJ itll at worst be 2 points transferred over +fine

yea wreckless that blows.......what police department?

Lower Merion....They have nothing better to do but sit around and look for speeders all day. They speed trap all the time on rt30 (lancaster ave), but I've never seen one where I got pulled over. There isn't really any crime in this area since it's a bunch of rich ass people, so I guess catching speeders is the only thing they've got going for them?

FUGLY CBR1000RR rider.com

Black n Black
    04 Dodge Ram 07 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by 12pack View Post
    Where I live anything 20 MPH over the speed limit they can tack on wreckless driving. Whats bad is if you get any of the three in any combitation in a 10 year period they can take you driving priviledges for 10 years for habitual traffic offender. the 3 are: DUI, Wreckless driving or leaving the scene of an accident. Ask me how I know.

Ummm... how do you know?!

Also, get any advice you can. Hell like you said, ask your neighbor, it can't hurt.

i got wreckless driving ticket as my first one i bolted my sub box in and wanted to see if it was slide if i kicked the tail out kicked it out and there came a cop got a lawer and just had to do 40 commuity service hours

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by therobman View Post
    i got wreckless driving ticket as my first one i bolted my sub box in and wanted to see if it was slide if i kicked the tail out kicked it out and there came a cop got a lawer and just had to do 40 commuity service hours
    Yea, I mean the fines suck and all, but that's not whats gonna kill me, it's the points on my license that will end up costing me in the long run. I would like to avoid it if possible, but community service wouldn't be that bad if it'd take away my points and/or fines.

Thread Information