Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Got pulled over today!

Got pulled over in the DD (93 3.1L Corsica 176,XXX miles and 28.2mpg) Reason for the stop was no seat belts for the passenger and myself! (Click it or ticket law) Cop was really cool and let me off with a warning that saved me $70 ($10 ticket for myself and $60 ticket for having a unbelted passenger ) Being a former MP = Military Police, I addressed him as "Sir" and was very polite and it payed off big time He ran my license, found it to be in good standing, told me to buckle up and let me on my way. He was very professional and it was a good stop and a good outcome

SHORT STORY: Got pulled over, I was cool with cop, cop was cool with me!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

A ticket will be the last your worries if your vehicle rolls.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    A ticket will be the last your worries if your vehicle rolls.
    Well since we were doing 15mph (School zone) and only going 7 blocks, I don't think that would be a problem But I should make sure I wear it Not only is it the law but it can save my life

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Well since we were doing 15mph (School zone) and only going 7 blocks, I don't think that would be a problem But I should make sure I wear it Not only is it the law but it can save my life
    You can rationalize it all you want.

The last time I was in an accident, I was going less than 5mph, and had I not been wearing my seatbelt, I could have been greatly injured.

Did you see the video posted in another thread, where the driver of a yellow BMW was doing donuts? He wasn't wearing his seat belt, somehow the door came open, and he got tossed out of the car onto the asphalt. The car, still in mid-donut, came around and smacked him on the head with the rear bumper.

With the momentum of a thousand pound vehicle, even at slow speeds a human body can be flung like a rag doll.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Long story short, I had three seat belt tickets at 90 bucks a pop. After the third i learned my lesson, a couple of months later i got rear ended at a dead stop and the guy that hit me was in a ford f150 going 55Mph. Seat belts do work but ya have to wear them...
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

The last time I was in an accident, I was going less than 5mph, and had I not been wearing my seatbelt, I could have been greatly injured.

Did you see the video posted in another thread, where the driver of a yellow BMW was doing donuts? He wasn't wearing his seat belt, somehow the door came open, and he got tossed out of the car onto the asphalt. The car, still in mid-donut, came around and smacked him on the head with the rear bumper.

With the momentum of a thousand pound vehicle, even at slow speeds a human body can be flung like a rag doll.
    media section?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Not rationalizing at all. The guy you posted about was "FUCKING" around and had a mechanical failure. I was doing the speed limit and driving normal. I do agree that I should have been wearing my seatbelt but ask me how I know the un-norm (even a word/spell? ) My brother was in a 3 wheeler accident 16 years ago that if he had been wearing a helmet.....he was dead. I know 99.9% of the time they will save your life, but they also can take a life. I fucked up, but no harm, no foul this time

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    media section?
    Nah it was definitely the AAG. Come to think of it I think it was in the March Train thread.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    media section?
    Was in the Train, OP'd transamws6:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKvs_yazoQ[/ame]
    Not rationalizing at all. The guy you posted about was "FUCKING" around and had a mechanical failure. I was doing the speed limit and driving normal. I do agree that I should have been wearing my seatbelt but ask me how I know the un-norm (even a word/spell? ) My brother was in a 3 wheeler accident 16 years ago that if he had been wearing a helmet.....he was dead. I know 99.9% of the time they will save your life, but they also can take a life. I fucked up, but no harm, no foul this time
    Yeah, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, just mentioning their effect/importance. And I have heard a first-hand account of not wearing a seatbelt ending up saving a life. My ex's uncle drove a thirdgen Camaro years ago, and got into an accident in it. I don't remember exactly what caused/happened, but had he not been thrown from the vehicle (eg, wearing his seatbelt), the resulting fate of the car would have killed him.

2011 Prius

I parked my Trans Am on it's roof at 35-45 mph... Your car will be easier I am sure, lol. Sorry but a Trans Am is pretter damn hard to flip, but I managed it

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Yeah, I'm not arguing with what you're saying, just mentioning their effect/importance. And I have heard a first-hand account of not wearing a seatbelt ending up saving a life. My ex's uncle drove a thirdgen Camaro years ago, and got into an accident in it. I don't remember exactly what caused/happened, but had he not been thrown from the vehicle (eg, wearing his seatbelt), the resulting fate of the car would have killed him.
    I have had the luxury of not being in a accident that was that bad :thankgod: Hopefully I never will but only time will tell And I wish that BMW would have blown up, I hate BMW's

2011 Prius

I have had the luxury of not being in a accident that was that bad :thankgod: Hopefully I never will but only time will tell And I wish that BMW would have blown up, I hate BMW's
    I want an M5.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Oh....and glad your still alive

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Got pulled over in the DD (93 3.1L Corsica 176,XXX miles and 28.2mpg) Reason for the stop was no seat belts for the passenger and myself! (Click it or ticket law) Cop was really cool and let me off with a warning that saved me $70 ($10 ticket for myself and $60 ticket for having a unbelted passenger ) Being a former MP = Military Police, I addressed him as "Sir" and was very polite and it payed off big time He ran my license, found it to be in good standing, told me to buckle up and let me on my way. He was very professional and it was a good stop and a good outcome

you should always wear a seatbelt! If you get in a wreck all the unbuckled people are like loose cannons!

Glad everything went well though!

Also i think you said it was in a school zone... Tickets double in those too!

I won't drive my car if not everyone is buckled. Same with my dad. We are very stubborn about it lol

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Sounds like you went about it right!! Yes you need to buckle up. But you could also be out $70. Gratz on the way you handled it!!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Oh....and glad your still alive
    Thanks.

Oh and the seatbelt thing got me sidetracked; props for not bashing the cop
    Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    I won't drive my car if not everyone is buckled. Same with my dad. We are very stubborn about it lol
    I'm the same way. When I'm riding with my roommate in his car I always call shotgun, and if I miss it, I take the 2nd row bench passenger-side seat, because that along with the driver & passenger seats are the only seats that have working belts. Anyone who asks me to move is met with a stern "suck my dick"

He drives an 04 Denali, so it's easier to roll anyway.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

2 in a row where the cop wasn't called a "dick" all over the internet

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Thanks.

Oh and the seatbelt thing got me sidetracked; props for not bashing the cop

I'm the same way. When I'm riding with my roommate in his car I always call shotgun, and if I miss it, I take the 2nd row bench passenger-side seat, because that along with the driver & passenger seats are the only seats that have working belts. Anyone who asks me to move is met with a stern "suck my dick"

He drives an 04 Denali, so it's easier to roll anyway.
    hah I'm that way except all the belts still work. If I sit in the back seat I HAVE to sit on the drivers side. No exceptions. Or the middle. Just not on the right. Im like OCD about it. This possibly could be because when I was a kid I was assigned drivers side and my sister had passenger side so we would never fight. Lol

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    2 in a row where the cop wasn't called a "dick" all over the internet
    The planets must be lining up.

Now if only this fucking snow would go away, the world would be perfect, or at least until the next irate criminal decides to make a thread in the AAG.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The planets must be lining up.

Now if only this fucking snow would go away, the world would be perfect, or at least until the next irate criminal decides to make a thread in the AAG.
    I would just settle for consistent 70 degree days, I have had plenty of 10/20/30/40 degree days for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information