Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    99 Z28

Got pulled over, I think maybe he was having a bad day...

It's not the easiest to describe the intersection, but it's like a whole lot of others where there's a gas station on the corner.

I waited for the person in front of me because the light was red. Light changed, so he went forward and I turned right. The gas station was on the left side of the street I turned on to on the first block. So instead of turning into the near lane, I took the left lane. I was gonna turn accross a double yellow line to go to get gas. It was clear, but there was a car in the median, not too wise to have two cars in the median, so I went to the next light and took the long way around.

Before I could even way WTF, the car in the median flipped around and it was an unmarked car pulling me over.

Didn't take any time to call in my car (or else he'd have realized it looks like my car is stolen - there's no record of my plate thanks to the DMV system).

He rushes up to my car and asks me where do we start? I'm like uh... okay. He starts to talk about everything he can get me for, seat belt, not turning into the near lane, not using a blinker, the plate (not having a front one), etc...

So, I said I was headed to get gas and the way was clear and that was the way to go. I told him the plate issue was because the DMV lost the records for it, I'm aware of it and I'll fix it next week (they expire this month anyway). He said he wasn't talking about that. "I don't even wanna hear your excuse for not having a front plate". oh brother....

Anyway, he said wait here. You're getting a ticket for no seat belt and at least one other thing, I'm just not sure what yet.

Oh brother....

So he comes back, gives me the tickets. One for not using a blinker, the other for not using a seat belt.

Yeah, I got caught. I did it. It wasn't his fault for pulling me over, but damn it's annoying to get pulled over for the shit that I see cops doing every day (except the seat belt). I couldn't even begin to remember how many times I've seen a cop do the exact same thing at that intersection and not going into the "correct" lane. I had my blinker on to turn right from the light.

I'll probably just own up and pay it. It's just a 1 point ticket (for $150). It's still annoying though. I've been pulled over 3 times this month. The other two times, everyone involved was super courteous. This guy wasn't.

The other two times, for all they knew the car was stolen when they were pulling me over. That's WHY they were pulling me over. (Plates come back as no record).

Those guys were pulling over a possible car theif, this guy was pulling over a guy that didn't wear his seat belt and didn't use a blinker and didn't turn into the right lane.

Seat belt, dr's note.
    Right lane, there's 3 lanes of traffic in one block, might as well turn where you're going since traffic is clearly held back by the red light.
    Blinker, why use one to indicate that you're turning into the lane you're already in?

He was sitting waiting to make an illegal turn when I saw him at first.

oh well

By the way, I love cops and even thanked him for the work they do AFTER I got the ticket. I'm not bashing, he was one of the lesser friendly cops I've run into lately. I certainly hope he's having a better day now.
    Last edited by DrMilhouse; 05-30-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

It would be annoying for sure.

I am grateful we do not have front plates here in Alberta!

I liked the use of "Oh brother...."

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

No front plates in LA either, and if memory serves me correctly a ticket for no seat belt is $25.

I'd gladly pay it as a form of civil disobedience.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Hey Doc, I appreciate your frustration. I had just got on 70 (east), from 470, out on the west side and I see the cop sitting in the median about a 1/2 mile ahead, thier always sitting there. So, I'm doing 55, when I go by him, not expecting any problems. I look back, and here he comes and I know he's coming for me (you can just tell). He finally gets me pulled over at 32nd and Youngfield. He approaches the car and he looks pissed. He says "do you know why I pulled you over" and I say "no". He says "you were doing 68 in a 55". I said "no, I wasn't officer, I saw you in the median as soon as I got on". Bad thing to say, he is instantly furious and is getting ready to read me the riot act, when a car flies by, doing 80, or so. He looks at me and says "don't move, I'll be back". So, I sit there for 10 minutes or so, then I said to myself "screw this, I wasn't even speeding, then I took off. He had it set that I was going to get a ticket that day, but somebody interviened.
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

gold
    2000 honder accord

I got pulled over two days ago for not using a turn signal. $90 freakin dollars! The cop was a prick too.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'd fight it...it would be worth it to knock the points off

pie
    free

lol, here's my story from a few weeks back: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51066

I got the citation in the mail and sent it off today. For some reason I still haven't put my license plate back on. I think I'll get to that in 6 or 7 years.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

i was in my unmarked going to another nearby county....and i was going 85 in a 70.....and Florida Highway Patrol ducks under a bridge and starts following me...he starts tailgating me so i know hes trying to get my plate number, and i flash my reds and blues at him, because unmarked vehicles plates are not registered with state....so its gonna appear that im driving a stolen car....anyways after i turn my lights on, he turns on his....great, i thought...Comes over and says "you a deputy sheriff?" I say no, i just stole this unmarked vehicle...(mind you my badge is hanging from my neck visible to anyone...) Then he just told me to slow it down, and have a good day..

A lot of cops are dicks...this is not the first time another cop treats me like a civilian criminal...but oh well

But yeah you should try to fight it like 3rd shift said..itll be worth it

No excuse for not having the seatbelt on given all the advertising about it recently.

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by my5thNewUsernameHere View Post
    No excuse for not having the seatbelt on given all the advertising about it recently.
    yea theyre raping people down here with that click it or ticket...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by TMF View Post
    Hey Doc, I appreciate your frustration. I had just got on 70 (east), from 470, out on the west side and I see the cop sitting in the median about a 1/2 mile ahead, thier always sitting there. So, I'm doing 55, when I go by him, not expecting any problems. I look back, and here he comes and I know he's coming for me (you can just tell). He finally gets me pulled over at 32nd and Youngfield. He approaches the car and he looks pissed. He says "do you know why I pulled you over" and I say "no". He says "you were doing 68 in a 55". I said "no, I wasn't officer, I saw you in the median as soon as I got on". Bad thing to say, he is instantly furious and is getting ready to read me the riot act, when a car flies by, doing 80, or so. He looks at me and says "don't move, I'll be back". So, I sit there for 10 minutes or so, then I said to myself "screw this, I wasn't even speeding, then I took off. He had it set that I was going to get a ticket that day, but somebody interviened.
    good deal

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    i was in my unmarked going to another nearby county....and i was going 85 in a 70.....and Florida Highway Patrol ducks under a bridge and starts following me...he starts tailgating me so i know hes trying to get my plate number, and i flash my reds and blues at him, because unmarked vehicles plates are not registered with state....so its gonna appear that im driving a stolen car....anyways after i turn my lights on, he turns on his....great, i thought...Comes over and says "you a deputy sheriff?" I say no, i just stole this unmarked vehicle...(mind you my badge is hanging from my neck visible to anyone...) Then he just told me to slow it down, and have a good day..

A lot of cops are dicks...this is not the first time another cop treats me like a civilian criminal...but oh well

But yeah you should try to fight it like 3rd shift said..itll be worth it
    could he have wrote u a ticket for speeding ???......

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict8 View Post
    could he have wrote u a ticket for speeding ???......
    yep....doesnt matter if you where the president of the united states....the thing is that for the most part in this line of work the following phrase is taken seriously:

A friend helps you move...a GOODfriend helps you move a dead body...

they tend to stick up for each other...although there are some rather large dicks out there...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

yep....doesnt matter if you where the president of the united states....the thing is that for the most part in this line of work the following phrase is taken seriously:

A friend helps you move...a GOODfriend helps you move a dead body...

they tend to stick up for each other...although there are some rather large dicks out there...
    thats true at every kind of job

Impounded

it just more serious in the police line...lets say you shoot someone and skipped measures that you where supposed to take....your friend will stick up for you.... it gives me a weird gut feeling sometimes...i hope i NEVER end up in that situation....

thats why i dont leave my office and just be a post whore

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

it just more serious in the police line...lets say you shoot someone and skipped measures that you where supposed to take....your friend will stick up for you.... it gives me a weird gut feeling sometimes...i hope i NEVER end up in that situation....

thats why i dont leave my office and just be a post whore
    I just wished my job had some excitement in it

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

I have to say, i do not feel bad for you.

How hard is it to hit the turn indicator? It takes no IQ points to operate!

No Seatbelt? Shit, people that get in wrecks without a seatbelt either DIE or have worse injuries, thus causing my Medical bills to go higher. How hard is it to put a seat belt on???

As for BURNWS6 - Why where you doing 85 in a 70? That is just as BS! You should get a ticket.

I ALWAYS wear my Seat belt, I like life. And I ALWAYS use my Turnsignal, wheather I am changing lanes or making a turn. I want people to know what I am doing so they do not hit me.

As for Speeding, I do that a lot too, and just get lucky I do not get caught.
    Last week I was crusiing S on I-225, crossed over Parker Road, the Hwy bends right. I was doing 70+ in a 55, and Johnny Law was standing on the side with his gun. An SUV was about 4 Car lengths behind me and doing the same.
    Johnny Law just stood there! I was lucky.

My point, if I get caught Speeding, I will not bitch, I broke the law, and am willing to pay that price.

Black
    99 Z28

I don't expect you to feel bad for me and my turn indicator was on for me to turn. It wasn't on for me to switch lanes because I was already in the lane. He could have picked from a number of things, that's the one he chose.

I've gotten away with enough that was way worse than that, so I'm fine with eating a ticket on it. I'm just annoyed that he was kind of a jerk and didn't have anything better to do than bother me about a seatbelt and turning into a different lane and the whole blinker bs. My neighbors live in complete filth and calling the county for their kids, "we just don't have the resources to follow up with them". We've got resources to worry about someone wearing a seatbelt. Seatbelts to me are a do or don't thing. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When it's my time, it'll be my time. It's the choice I make and the risk I take, blah blah... It's like the dumb things that people do every day. Some of those things will kill you if you get unlucky enough.

Blinkers, I love them, and I've seen cops not use them all the time. In the past few months, I've seen cops do exactly the same turn and path that I took over and over. No big deal, it's just annoying, that's all.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Seatbelts to me are a do or don't thing. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When it's my time, it'll be my time. It's the choice I make and the risk I take, blah blah... It's like the dumb things that people do every day. .
    Unless you get into a head-on and your flying carcass becomes a missle through someones windshield that takes out two kids and their puppy...and all because you didn't wanna wear a seatbelt I really don't care either way...wearing it becomes a habit after awhile like everything else.

yea theyre raping people down here with that click it or ticket...
    They've been monitoring all the entrance ramps like hawks catching people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information