Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Got offered a new position at work

so i goto to get my check and they tell me about a new position at work that's opening up and offer it to me. i'll be sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours, it's shift work so that sucks, 6 to 6, day or night whatever the schedule is for the week, but it pays $20.50 p/h vs. the $15 i make right now. i want the money but i like my schedule right now, but i'm thinking if i'm ever gonna get outta debt then this could be the best thing for me to do. i'll get a week off every month so it's like a lil vacation for me all the time. instead of the manual labor i do now i'll just be working with a computer and doing alot of inventory type of shit. so far the new year is starting out good, i'm talking to a great new girl, getting an opportunity to move up in my company and make more money, hell i might even pay off my car this year with the new money and start putting some parts on it. this in contrast to last year's cut in pay, divorce, my black trans am screwing up all the time, and me having to move back home. hope everyone else has a great year in 2007! and what are yall's opinions on this?

red and black
    02TransAm WS6 & 2011 2SS

I say go for it! Lets face it, work sucks no matter what you do. That's why they call it work! You are there to make $$$MONEY$$$ You'll adjust to the scheduel changes. I thnk you should do it! Congratulations too! It feels good when someone notices all your hard work!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

That is a long shift for an office only position.

But if you can still post here while at work then go for it!

What's the nature of the work and the type of environment you'd be in?

white
    2001 transam

Man, Go for it. Your 23 years old and got yourself into abit of a pickle. But your pullin out of the quicksand fast. New Girl, and an Awesome Raise. That is a long day behind a computer but your moving up in the company and sounds like you might have a career path going for you. $20.00 dollar per/hour for a 23 year old is good. I got you beat by almost twice that amount but I'm twice your age.

Go for it. Do what is best for you!

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

i work for triple s at a exxon mobil refinery. the line of work is industrial, i'm in the blending and packaging unit where they make mobil 1 and all that shit. i would keep up with inventory of the warehouse and tank levels and things like that.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    i work for triple s at a exxon mobil refinery. the line of work is industrial, i'm in the blending and packaging unit where they make mobil 1 and all that shit. i would keep up with inventory of the warehouse and tank levels and things like that.
    you wrok there??? what is the inside word??? is Mobile One charging outragous prices for some "lower grade" than they used to? Im sure Sarge wouls like to have that job for a day. lol

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I say go for it! Lets face it, work sucks no matter what you do. That's why they call it work! You are there to make $$$MONEY$$$ You'll adjust to the scheduel changes. I thnk you should do it! Congratulations too! It feels good when someone notices all your hard work!
    Work only sux when it is something you do not like to do.

A 5.50 per hour increase from 15.00 is a 36.6% raise. Not too many of those getting passed out there in work-land. If I were you I'd jump on it, treat it as a great opportunity to learn new skills and move on from there.

Thread Information