Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Got my ass spanked last night

I ran up on this new Mercedes on I-640 yesterday after leaving work, it was an SL 600. I had no idea this thing had a V-12 in it until I got up beside it, I was like Holy Shit! The guy had his top down and looked over at my Z-28 then nailed it, I wasn't ready so I let him go then we lined up again and this time I gave him everything I had but that damn SL just spanked the living hell out of my Z-28. I got on the internet and did a little research on them this morning and found out they have a Twin Turbo V12 that makes over 600 ft. lbs. of Torque and the price tag is over $130,000.00. DAMN! That car would give a C6 Z06 a damn run. This was the first time I've ever seen one, I thought it was just another slow ass two seater but once I saw that V-12 emblem I knew this would be way too much for me to handle. I think it's time for a Pro Charger and a 402 stroker for the Z. Guess I know where my overtime is going, I will get my revenge on that rich guys ass! Where do these people get this money for cars like that? That car cost more than my house did.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Yeah, those things are sweet, the first time I saw one it was parked in my neighborhood, I thought the same thing as you but as I walked past it I saw the V12 emblem... It also had a "Harvard Law School Alumni" License plate rame around the tag... No joke

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

Pathetic. Someone who has WAAY too much money--- or something else that isn't enough that they are covering up for? No....?

HL
    1997 Triple White Trans Am WS6 Convertible.....32K ORIGINAL MILES.

1989 Corvette....79K ORIGINAL MILES. Red, Targa Top, Straight Induction,

If it isn't a Trans Am, it isn't gonna get her wet.
    The Bandit started me, Knight Rider totally made me, I AM a Trans Am driver.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

The guy was a little skinny dude in a suit, of course he had his cell phone out playing with it. I wish we could've ran from a dig because I would've gave him all he could handle for a second or two, then once them turbo's spooled up I'm sure he would've been gone.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    I ran up on this new Mercedes on I-640 yesterday after leaving work, it was an SL 600. I had no idea this thing had a V-12 in it until I got up beside it, I was like Holy Shit! The guy had his top down and looked over at my Z-28 then nailed it, I wasn't ready so I let him go then we lined up again and this time I gave him everything I had but that damn SL just spanked the living hell out of my Z-28. I got on the internet and did a little research on them this morning and found out they have a Twin Turbo V12 that makes over 600 ft. lbs. of Torque and the price tag is over $130,000.00. DAMN! That car would give a C6 Z06 a damn run. This was the first time I've ever seen one, I thought it was just another slow ass two seater but once I saw that V-12 emblem I knew this would be way too much for me to handle. I think it's time for a Pro Charger and a 402 stroker for the Z. Guess I know where my overtime is going, I will get my revenge on that rich guys ass! Where do these people get this money for cars like that? That car cost more than my house did.
    damn....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

LOL...good death.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I wish we could've ran from a dig because I would've gave him all he could handle for a second or two, then once them turbo's spooled up I'm sure he would've been gone.
    Sounds like the same thing with my car vs ricers... mine has twice the amount of torque than horsepower... I lead from a dig... but I have no top end (20mph+)....

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

My car pulls hard up top but I don't have the power to pull something like that. If my car was a M6, which it will be this year, then it would have been a little better. That car was just crazy fast, I'd like to know what the 1/4 mile times are on it.

Thumbs up

The guy was a little skinny dude in a suit, of course he had his cell phone out playing with it. I wish we could've ran from a dig because I would've gave him all he could handle for a second or two, then once them turbo's spooled up I'm sure he would've been gone.
    hahhaha, he was on the phone busy and stuff and racing you at the same time, imagine if he was actually paying attention... ouch...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hahhaha, he was on the phone busy and stuff and racing you at the same time, imagine if he was actually paying attention... ouch...

I know, it would've really sucked. What's bad is my car is a cammed, full bolt on LS1 that can run with a C5 ZO6. My car is quick but not quick enough for that one.

what's that a 480rwhp car? 600 at engine right?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Something like that I'm sure

ohh 5.5L 510hp V12 SL600 roadster. no problemo but
    4400lbs 900 lbs more than TA
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...lass&trimid=-1

I would have raped his v12 in my 402

Impounded
    I don't even have the money to buy the cigarette lighter on that car. but I like to see rich fat-cats like that get smoked in their $100k cars, so I was hoping your story had a happy ending...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I don't see how that small car weighs that much, my camaro made his car look like a Miata. Did you see it has over 600 ft. lbs. of torque though, that is a buttload of torque! If I had nitrous or something I think it would've been a better race but with my auto it just wasn't happening. This is my first race I've lost to a high end sports car, I spanked a Carrera's ass about two weeks ago from a 15 mph roll on Middlebrook.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Can anyone find 1/4 mile times for this car? I've looked and can't find anything.

if you had 370rwhp or so it would be a close race.
    edit: you would actually beat him with that... he's at 420rwhp so minus 900lbs=80rwhp..=340rwhp
    so 350rwhp I say for even race... then again traction, tires, suspension and other things... but just pure engine calculations...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

ohh 5.5L 510hp V12 SL600 roadster. no problemo but
    4400lbs 900 lbs more than TA
    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...lass&trimid=-1

I would have raped his v12 in my 402
    my t/a weighs 3260 with out me in it...

with a full tank of gas and about 50lbs of trash and books and cds and coins in it...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

My car weighs 4400 lbs...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

if you had 370rwhp or so it would be a close race.
    edit: you would actually beat him with that... he's at 420rwhp so minus 900lbs=80rwhp..=340rwhp
    so 350rwhp I say for even race... then again traction, tires, suspension and other things... but just pure engine calculations...
    I'm making over 350 RWHP, I had it tuned in January. He didn't walk me like I was sitting still but he did pull on me pretty good. I honestly think if we stayed in it I would have pulled him back in. My auto sucks because at the top of passing gear I have to let off the throttle for it to upshift. I've got an LS6 intake, Patriot cam and valvesprings, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Hooker catback, Lid, Bellow, UD Pulley, MSD Wires, 315/35 R17 DR's out back. My transmission could be slipping, it's been acting funny lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information