Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

got a job at a honda dealership

This is a discussion on got a job at a honda dealership within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Naa, that's a newer X-series, mine is a '98 ProStar... I didn't want payments...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Naa, that's a newer X-series, mine is a '98 ProStar... I didn't want payments

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

This is my baby....

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Naa, that's a newer X-series, mine is a '98 ProStar... I didn't want payments
    I know if I was to buy a boat, would never be new. Worse investments ever, lol. I have seen some boats I almost bought. All of them under $4,000... Newer rebuilt motors (With warranty), nice body, all of them past the lake test (10-20 min drive in the lake).... Just never would go through with it and I love to fish. My parents had one for a while, just don't know if I would ever use it, lol.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

You couldn't be more correct, boats are nothing other than a money pit Luckily, mine has been good to me in the short while that I've had it. My thing is April-September the MC and October-March the Z. It seems as though that MC boats hold their value the strongest out of all ski/wakeboard boats. Still, the boat market in itself has declined rapidly. I know that MasterCraft has brought back 72 employees in december after having them laid off around September/October, so that was good to hear...

As far as fishing goes, my step-father bought an '05 Bass Tracker brand new, has never tried very hard at all to keep it clean. Not sure what he paid for it brand new, but the same boat/year/engine was in boattrader.com for $4500obo. And he told my buddy he could $9k

So yeah, boats are none other than a hole in the water you throw money into, that slowly sink over the years... but they're fun

2011 Prius

Yea, I looked at bass boats. But they was the Fiberglass ones, with some good size motors. But I ultimately decided, I don't want to drive a truck everyday either.

I am trying to get my shit straight and having two nice cars at my age is stupid... So I want to sell one, may drive the 63 daily (or cheap DD). Then use the rest of the money in the savings, money from sold car. Plus work and save a bit more. Then put it down on a condo, should in turn give me a payment cheaper then rent and a sound investment.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

So there is some intelligence behind that dumbass humor of yours, eh?

But in all seriousness, sounds like you gotta plan that works... keep on with it bro

2011 Prius

So there is some intelligence behind that dumbass humor of yours, eh?

But in all seriousness, sounds like you gotta plan that works... keep on with it bro
    I am actually a pretty smart guy... Just can't spell worth of shit and to damn depressed most the time...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Don't be depressed... that's what LS1.COM is for

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Yeah.. me and my big bad friend can do a 6 speed trans swap in 2.147558 hours too.. BUY THAT!! HA!

98 HARDTOP - To be perfectly honest, I was pretty damn lit at the time of him doing this, was at the end of a workday and can't remember if it was a friday or saturday... hmm... Anyways, I'm almost 100% positive I said an hour and a half, not an hour as you've posted in your reply. Might've actually been closer to two. Ah well, in any event, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. If you beleive me then cool. If not, that's cool too. To be perfectly honest, I really could care less, I'm not the one turning the wrenches at the big "H" nor doing the work. Besides, we all know how much of a joke service writers are
    Since I have had better things to do and finally came back on...Nobody gives a crap about swaps. Swaps are easy compared to tearing down and rebuilding. Ok an hour or an hour and a half, either way you are full of crap.

I don't have to believe you, because unlike you, I work in the field and have experience first hand, not only selling the work but actually turned the wrenches while you confuse or make up stories because either you are a lush when it comes to alcohol and come on here posting while shitfaced or do not know what you are talking about. I know a technician can't remove a transmission, tear it down and rebuild it and re-install it in 2 1/2 hours let alone 1 1/2 hours so I am not going to debate it any further.

My W2 for the past 5 years and my resume and experience reflect I am a joke.
    Last edited by 98Hardtop; 01-17-2010 at 05:06 PM.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

2011 Prius

Don't be depressed... that's what LS1.COM is for
    Well I suffer from depression, lol. But no, as far as investments and how to manage money. Economics and running a small company to keep money in my pocket, I am good at. I also find real estate easy and know my area pretty well.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    Since I have had better things to do and finally came back on...Nobody gives a crap about swaps. Swaps are easy compared to tearing down and rebuilding. Ok an hour or an hour and a half, either way you are full of crap.

I don't have to believe you, because unlike you, I work in the field and have experience first hand, not only selling the work but actually turned the wrenches while you confuse or make up stories because either you are a lush when it comes to alcohol and come on here posting while shitfaced or do not know what you are talking about. I know a technician can't remove a transmission, tear it down and rebuild it and re-install it in 2 1/2 hours let alone 1 1/2 hours so I am not going to debate it any further.

My W2 for the past 5 years and my resume and experience reflect I am a joke.

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA big guy!! Don't get your panties in a bunch! I "admitted defeat" a while ago. You don't have to keep kicking a dead horse. I could give two shits about you working the automotive field. Really. My father retired as a quality systems engineer from the Fredericksburg, VA GM POWERTRAIN plant where they build torque converter clutches. So damn good at his job, was able to afford a nice house, 3 cars, a boat, and a pretty sweet cherokee 235. I've been raised around the "automotive industry" as well. Does anybody give a damn? NO! If you need to come on here to defend your W2s, your resumes, bla bla bla... well I can't help you with that one. You fed into my BS on the last post, exactly as I thought you would! I didn't remove a trans in 2.1FU33CK89IN34CA23RE HOURS... and here you are defending your life-long career acheivements more than likely because of my last comment on the post in reference to the original statement this thread was intended to be. Go ride on your high horse somewhere... or carry this to a PM like Shines stated earlier (before we both get infractions)

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Well I suffer from depression, lol. But no, as far as investments and how to manage money. Economics and running a small company to keep money in my pocket, I am good at. I also find real estate easy and know my area pretty well.
    That's where the moneys at isn't it?! Not that I would know, but before the economy went south, it was... and here in VA, we're starting to re-cover. Atleast that's the BS they're trying to feed us anyways

2011 Prius

That's where the moneys at isn't it?! Not that I would know, but before the economy went south, it was... and here in VA, we're starting to re-cover. Atleast that's the BS they're trying to feed us anyways
    Right now is a great time to buy, I remember telling my parents a few years ago,"I bet the housing market will crash." Look what happen, now my parents house was foreclosed on. But yes, right now, I feel the housing market is a great time to buy in. I been looking at 2/2 condos in Orlando area, for under $50,000. All in a good area, so I am happy. I am looking to put $10,000-15,000 down. Hopping to make the move the 2nd half of the year. My payments should be about half what rent will be. My brother also said he would rent the other room. So shit, my payment is covered (at least most of it). Then my idea, once out of college. Hammer those payments like a car payment. Pay it off, then save up for a down payment on a house. Rent out that condo, they can make my house payment.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Right now is a great time to buy, I remember telling my parents a few years ago,"I bet the housing market will crash." Look what happen, now my parents house was foreclosed on. But yes, right now, I feel the housing market is a great time to buy in. I been looking at 2/2 condos in Orlando area, for under $50,000. All in a good area, so I am happy. I am looking to put $10,000-15,000 down. Hopping to make the move the 2nd half of the year. My payments should be about half what rent will be. My brother also said he would rent the other room. So shit, my payment is covered (at least most of it). Then my idea, once out of college. Hammer those payments like a car payment. Pay it off, then save up for a down payment on a house. Rent out that condo, they can make my house payment.
    Damn... yeah, sounds to me like you got your shit together! Sorry to hear about your 'folks tho man, family comes first no matter what! I would say I wish you the best of luck, but it sounds like you're already doing well for yourself on your own, eh? In any event, I hope everything works out for ya.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I worked as a porter for a Chevy dealership and it was hell. Every time I offered to help a mechanic out in the shop, I got bitched at by management even though I was trying to keep busy. We had Kodiaks in the lot that needed to be parked and I parked them...got bitched at again because the trucks were in the way and there were no other drivers to move the trucks, so I moved them. Supposedly I needed a CDL, why, I dunno. Whenever I went out of my way to help others, I got screamed at. But I got the last laugh when I was sent out to an area I had never been to before, got hit from behind by a coworker(his truck was destroyed), and he got nasty and a few seconds later, witnesses called 911. He was surrounded by cops and was ticketed for tailgating. Lot attendants are mistreated and looked at as "stupid kids who don't know their head from their @$$" from what I was told back then.

But I will admit I get a laugh when I drive by and see a salesman from that dealership stare at the GTO. It's the best revenge.

2011 Prius

Damn... yeah, sounds to me like you got your shit together! Sorry to hear about your 'folks tho man, family comes first no matter what! I would say I wish you the best of luck, but it sounds like you're already doing well for yourself on your own, eh? In any event, I hope everything works out for ya.
    Worth giving the Vette up for in my book, lol. Plus with the first time buyer program. Around Tax time, I can get me another toy. But my parents fastly moved a bigger house for the same mouthy payments (before the other house hit there credit).

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

He's not my type, sorry.
    As I'm sure you've realized, I was just joking around.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by My Slow Camaro View Post
    As I'm sure you've realized, I was just joking around.
    My type, well they all seemed to be really

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

My type, well they all seemed to be really

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Worth giving the Vette up for in my book, lol. Plus with the first time buyer program. Around Tax time, I can get me another toy. But my parents fastly moved a bigger house for the same mouthy payments (before the other house hit there credit).
    That's always good to hear, about your 'folks. What do you plan on getting as your next toy? I'm looking at getting another LS1 bird/TA or selling my car and getting a NICE bird/TA... then again, i may just pocket mine and throw it into the savings. Don't really know yet...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information