Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Got Hozed at work today

This is a discussion on Got Hozed at work today within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I'm far from passive aggressive at the work place. Lol. I've chewed out my bosses a few times for doing ...

2002 Firebird Formula

I'm far from passive aggressive at the work place. Lol. I've chewed out my bosses a few times for doing stupid stuff that they'd normaly chew us bottom tier managers out for. If they didn't like me as much as they did, i'd probably be out of a job by now just because of that.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    I'm far from passive aggressive at the work place. Lol. I've chewed out my bosses a few times for doing stupid stuff that they'd normaly chew us bottom tier managers out for. If they didn't like me as much as they did, i'd probably be out of a job by now just because of that.
    "Fuckin' the dog", and/or not working as hard as you and everyone else know that you can just because you're "pissed off", is being passive-aggressive. You're only cheating yourself. That's all I'm saying.

2002 Firebird Formula

I get what you're saying, but if the boss isn't going to give me the pay raise and insults me for not getting everything in the store done when he himself has mentioned plenty of times that it's his fault for hiring slow, lazy workers, then why should I try to impress the guy any further?

I still get my job done (and as quickly as possible on some days), work my butt off for just working at a grocery store, and come home sore alot of nights. i'm just not running non-stop like I used to trying to impress my bosses. It's not possible to make them happy because, and several other managers at the store agree with me on this, my main boss is hiring these slow, lazy workers that don't take iniative to get things done. So eventhough my main job is working two aisles and a half of frozen food on truck days, it's still my fault if the dry shelf grocery products don't get put out, the milk doesn't get put out or spoils, and etc, eventhough there's several people who's job it is to do that.

I'll probably go back to running non-stop every day eventually, but that might be when I get that pay raise I asked for.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    I get what you're saying, but if the boss isn't going to give me the pay raise and insults me for not getting everything in the store done when he himself has mentioned plenty of times that it's his fault for hiring slow, lazy workers, then why should I try to impress the guy any further?

I still get my job done (and as quickly as possible on some days), work my butt off for just working at a grocery store, and come home sore alot of nights. i'm just not running non-stop like I used to trying to impress my bosses. It's not possible to make them happy because, and several other managers at the store agree with me on this, my main boss is hiring these slow, lazy workers that don't take iniative to get things done. So eventhough my main job is working two aisles and a half of frozen food on truck days, it's still my fault if the dry shelf grocery products don't get put out, the milk doesn't get put out or spoils, and etc, eventhough there's several people who's job it is to do that.

I'll probably go back to running non-stop every day eventually, but that might be when I get that pay raise I asked for.
    Tell them you deserve a raise or promotion or both. List the reasons why. Show why you're frustrated.

If nothing changes, quit...

2002 Firebird Formula

That's really the best thing to do. I did that before when he pretty much said no. He said he could only give me around half the pay raise I was asking for, if he even decided to give it to me. Then, he talked to HIS boss about it and HIS boss ended up saying that noone would get pay raises above ten to twenty cents for the remainder of he year.

The only reason i'm hanging on is because, in three years the assistant manager will have to retire and the second assistant manager will take his place and that will give me the promotion to Second assistant manager, possibly putting me around 11-12 dollars. That's very good for what I do and I live less than twenty minutes (driving) away.
    Last edited by Stinger; 10-01-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Well Jon, ya know I'm gonna say, "go for it", Many upstart small businesses lose money for their first year or two (ask me how I know lulz)..

Maybe by then you'll be off the ground and the econ will have picked up..

IMHO, I would think someone with your education and experiance, could go far working for yourself..

I have less than half your education, and none of it is in engineering and I'm doing good..

IMHO, I think you could do very well if you could find your nitch..

I don't think I am rich, but I do ok..

We have two places on 3 properties and a couple shops on one of them, but I think 5-6 properties would be too much for me..lol
    If you don't mind me asking. Aside from never progressing car projects what is you do anyway?
    Jon have you ever considered starting your own business as a part time side job and building that way?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking. Aside from never progressing car projects what is you do anyway?
    Jon have you ever considered starting your own business as a part time side job and building that way?
    I have. I really just don't know what I would do best in. I have ideas; a lot of them. I know whatever it is it needs to be unique. I know I could probably excel in being an independent engineer and doing work for the railroad. However, that isn't really my passion and what I enjoy so I know I wouldn't have the motivation it would take to start up a business if that is what I tried doing.

My middle brother really wants to open up a bar. He's talked about it for years. In our area, there are a lot of bars, but there isn't any that really "stand out". Granted, a liquor license is expensive and there would be a lot of competition in the area, but between my ideas and both of my brothers I think we could come up with something that would be strongly desired. Problem is I think that most bars don't see real revenue until the weekends. You basically get 2 good revenue nights per week.

I personally rather do something that is more of a niche. A one-off. That way, people HAVE to come to me.

BTW - I just filed my 14th patent at work this past week. My mind had been going a mile a minute lately.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I love my job......

edit:
    except when Oprah decided to stop doing her show....that part sucked. Thank god Dr Phil is still on though.

Gray/ White

Dr.Oz > Dr.Phil

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Metal fab..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Metal fab..
    I am also a plumber..

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I love my job......

edit:
    except when Oprah decided to stop doing her show....that part sucked. Thank god Dr Phil is still on though.

Gray/ White

He's a stay at home mom

blue
    1999 TransAm

He's a stay at home mom
    ohhhh

well i'll give him a break then ,.. well except for the watching orca, ... er oprah, part

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I also don't frequent this site as I used to, and have since stopped posting any project progress here..

No offense, just don't see any point in it anymore..

Too much V6 hate happens here..

Gray/ White

That is true sadly.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Hey, I love my v6. Gotta get them groceries somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information