Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar

Got home from the Hospital.....

Well,I finally had my Back fusion.They went in through the front,moved all my insides away,took a bone from my hip,fused the spine at L4-L5.Then they flipped me over and put four titanium screws into my spine and attached a metal cage over everything,to secure the fusion.I got a six month to a year recovery.I stayed in the hospital for five days,didn't eat anything for those five days,they came in and pulled the foley cathetar out two days later.(you guys do not..I repeat do not want one of these ever!!!!I almost passed out,it felt like a garden hose coming out of my swanz with a girl with braces biting down hard going up my swanz!!It makes me sick reiterating this..anyways,I got a back brace,walker,and a prescription for oxycodone(percaset).It feels like i am ninety years old,but most of all my normal back pain is gone,exept when my wife has to change my bandages!!!Ouch...this is gonna be a long road ahead!!!Showers suck..I have to basically "saran wrap my lower back"It takes me a half hour to wash,and to move around.I fell into the door,cause my muscles are weak,and I start to shiver,and at this point I know this is going to be a bad day...I just keep poppin my pain meds and hope for the best..I'm glad to get back on the board ,cause I was withdrawing from not being able to come upstairs and get on the computer!I can post some pics of my staples in the front,and my disolveable stitches in the back..if you got a good stomach?Let me know......

Sounds like hell, man. I wish you a quick and comfortable recovery.

[edit: grammar]
    Last edited by my5thNewUsernameHere; 11-21-2006 at 04:42 PM.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Bring on the gore! Goodluck on a speedy recovery, sounds like you got a major tune up on those bones.
    Pacesetter Headers & ORY, Magnaflow Catback, P&P TB, Koni SA Shocks, Strano Lowering Springs, TSP228R, PRC Dual Valve Springs, LS6 Ported Oil Pump, Vig. 3200 Stall, TransGo Shift Kit, Trans Cooler, Spohn Panhard Bar, UMI Rear LCA's, Relocation brackets, Torque Arm SFC. 411 hp / 386 ft/tq

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yo trouble .. I hope you do have a speedy recovery....and looking at staples is cool.. I used to wonder why mine didnt hurt .. get used to having "sore" pain ..You go to Physical Therapy any time soon ...

here is one of the front..I have to learn how to post a bigger picture..its about an eight inch incision on the front.The back isn't as big.You figure they had me spread all the way apart.The entire surgery took four hours.
    Last edited by Trouble maker; 02-22-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by my5thNewUsernameHere View Post
    Sounds like hell, man. I wish you a quick and comfortable recovery.

[edit: grammar]
    thanks..I will need it!LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Yo trouble .. I hope you do have a speedy recovery....and looking at staples is cool.. I used to wonder why mine didnt hurt .. get used to having "sore" pain ..You go to Physical Therapy any time soon ...
    I dedicate my first pic to ...you.....and thanks..but I am not looking forward to them bending me around..just.......not quite yet>but i know its coming!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
    Bring on the gore! Goodluck on a speedy recovery, sounds like you got a major tune up on those bones.
    that was the problem..I was lacking the disc at that level.It was basically,leftover degenerated disc,pressing on the nerve..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z-28 SS

Ouch, that has to hurt big time. Hope you heal up soon.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

when I got my staples out the nurse just said " time to take the staples out" I was dont I get a local or something.. I was thinking like haveing 2 pieces of paper stapled together ..Wow I was ghost white .. but they dont hurt to come out ...

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    when I got my staples out the nurse just said " time to take the staples out" I was dont I get a local or something.. I was thinking like haveing 2 pieces of paper stapled together ..Wow I was ghost white .. but they dont hurt to come out ...
    It can't hurt as much as that cathater did coming out!I think I get the front staples out by the end of next week.

I lost 12 pounds,and most of my gut though..I'll soon hit the twinkies and ho-ho's again..cause once I start therapy,I'll drop back to my original 160...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

never had one of those ... and am very happy to say so...lol...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

6 months to a year? Ouch! I broke a knee cap earlier this year and was in bed for about 8-9 weeks or so, that was hell. Thank god for the laptop. Couldn't imagine being laid up that long. Good luck bro.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Hope you have a quick recovery bro. That's pretty nasty that they moved your guts around

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I wish your a full & speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble maker View Post
    here is one of the front..I have to learn how to post a bigger picture..its about an eight inch incision on the front.The back isn't as big.You figure they had me spread all the way apart.The entire surgery took four hours.
    I have taken part in these surgeries. part of my old job was to monitor your spinal cord and peripheral nerves to make sure the doctor doesnt damage one, or place one of the pedicle screws too close to your cord. (that causes immense pain...) Its a fun surgery to watch, but likely isnt fun at all for you.

If you are lucky you will feel much better for years. And I hope you do. Some people however feel worse, and it becomes an uphill battle. Did you rupture a disc??? Why the fusion? If you ruptured a disc was an artifical disc an option? I have seen those installed, and THAT is a painful 'looking' surgery, but is supposed to be fantastic for the patient.

Hope you feel better soon. After the major healing is complete you may want to start wheening yourself off of the percacets. They can be habit forming rather easily.

BC

That sounds ruff! I hope you heal quickly and get back to enjoying life a.s.a.p.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

get better soon bud...

Trouble, you are doing just fine, and you will make a complete recovery. I know some things are downright painful, but in the long run you'll be glad you finally got it fixed. Hang in there, it'll be worth it.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information