Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Hobbies??

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up Got Hobbies??

It's been a while since the last hobby thread so here's a new one.. Post up some of yours..

Here's one of the many I mess around with. I've been messing around with professional electric buggies and trucks prolly @ least 20 years. I have'nt had time for much out side of the family life lately. But the other night I desided to pull a couple of my kits out. I have about 6 of these but these are the currently assembled ones. I wont mention how much I've got tied up in these but they are a good time..

Last edited by Smittro; 12-14-2009 at 03:39 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

these:

these:

and definatly these:

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Those are pretty cool looking Smittro

My hobbies include painting (on anything: paper, walls, cars, ect), rebuilding dirt bikes (buying crappy ones, boring them out, repainting, ect) and working on my car religiously are my main hobbies.

I would like to build a miniature monster truck out of a go cart chassis and various other parts but it will have to wait til summer time

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    these:
    Click for full size

these:
    Click for full size

and definatly these:
    Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    Those are pretty cool looking Smittro

My hobbies include painting (on anything: paper, walls, cars, ect), rebuilding dirt bikes (buying crappy ones, boring them out, repainting, ect) and working on my car religiously are my main hobbies.

I would like to build a miniature monster truck out of a go cart chassis and various other parts but it will have to wait til summer time
    Cool guys! I've got a ton of hobbies. Including, cars, art, electronics, wood working (amatuer), custom metal fab, etc,etc..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

For those not in the know, the 2 reedy cars are hand built from kits of about trillion pieces lol. The other was a ready to run but it's heavily moded.. I've been working on a pulling trany for some time now. I custom build some of the motors too. Such as a 4-turn 102,000rpm 540 size motor. Yup I said 102,000rpm.. I have other racing motors too such as this one on the custom pulling trany.. All are full ball bearing cars as well..Even the motors are ball bearing type..

I use motors ranging from 26,000, 34,000, 48,000, 56,000, rpm's and so on..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-14-2009 at 04:07 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hunt religiously, BBQ/cook, and play guitar. I'm also a professional beer drinker.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

THIS IS WHAT I LOVE.

THIS IS WHAT I FIND MY SELF DOING IN MY FREE TIME WITH FULL TIME SCHOOL AND FULL TIME JOB...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Besides messing with the Trans Am and GTP, I play with Legos. I've been messing with them since before I can remember.

This is the largest set I've ever built (3104 pieces, 34" long, and 23" wide). It took me nine house to complete, and I'm quick at these things. I've heard some people take up to 24 hours to assemble this.

This is my next under taking...5195 pieces, 33" long, and 22" wide.

For a size comparison (Note: That is NOT me )

I also have some XMods, but I haven't taken them off my headboard for probably two years now (except to take these pictures a few minutes ago )

The Firebird, Corvette and NSX have nothing done to them, but the Skyline has two extra batteries and an upgraded motor, and can obtain almost 40mph in a straight line. I'm sure it can go faster, but I can't run and keep up with it, so it's limited by controller range

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post

Click for full size

and can obtain almost 40mph in a straight line. I'm sure it can go faster, but I can't run and keep up with it, so it's limited by controller range
    Why dont you just ride in this space ship, sucker has gotta do at least 40 MPH.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Besides messing with the Trans Am and GTP, I play with Legos. I've been messing with them since before I can remember.

This is the largest set I've ever built (3104 pieces, 34" long, and 23" wide). It took me nine house to complete, and I'm quick at these things. I've heard some people take up to 24 hours to assemble this.

Click for full size

Click for full size

This is my next under taking...5195 pieces, 33" long, and 22" wide.

Click for full size

For a size comparison (Note: That is NOT me )
    Click for full size

I also have some XMods, but I haven't taken them off my headboard for probably two years now (except to take these pictures a few minutes ago )
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

The Firebird, Corvette and NSX have nothing done to them, but the Skyline has two extra batteries and an upgraded motor, and can obtain almost 40mph in a straight line. I'm sure it can go faster, but I can't run and keep up with it, so it's limited by controller range
    Daym!!

2011 Prius

Lets, see... Been a while for sex, so.... Yea...

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Besides my car playing guitar in a few bands is my other hobby...

I have a few other guitars than those two. I have a Gibson Explorer Pro, Ibanez S series and a Ibanez Prestige 7 string.

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

motorcycles
    my Harley and my sportbike.
    I like to take trips orientated around motorcycling, like Daytona Fl Bike Week,
    Myrtle Beach, Deal's Gap Tn (the Dragon)

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

is alcohol a hobby?

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Alcohol hobby worked out pretty good for that Samuel Adams guy
    and that Adolf Coors guy, Sammy Haggar is making a go at it

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I mean drinking, not making.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I mean drinking, not making.
    your's is kind of a hobby... i mean you drink and come home with motorcycles. that has to count for something

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    For those not in the know, the 2 reedy cars are hand built from kits of about trillion pieces lol. The other was a ready to run but it's heavily moded.. I've been working on a pulling trany for some time now. I custom build some of the motors too. Such as a 4-turn 102,000rpm 540 size motor. Yup I said 102,000rpm.. I have other racing motors too such as this one on the custom pulling trany.. All are full ball bearing cars as well..Even the motors are ball bearing type..

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

I use motors ranging from 26,000, 34,000, 48,000, 56,000, rpm's and so on..
    Aww come on man, think a 1/10 truck is hard? Try the original style Savage SS 4.6 kit. A billion pieces and the sum bitch is all interlocking. I've had all kinds of hobby grade nitro and electric trucks, all sitting in pieces. Too much damn money and breakages... Also dirtbikes since I was four. Haven't ridden since sometime in '08-very early '09 because we sold our trailer (behind the baby suv) and I don't trust my piece of shit truck...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Aww come on man, think a 1/10 truck is hard? Try the original style Savage SS 4.6 kit. A billion pieces and the sum bitch is all interlocking. I've had all kinds of hobby grade nitro and electric trucks, all sitting in pieces. Too much damn money and breakages... Also dirtbikes since I was four. Haven't ridden since sometime in '08-very early '09 because we sold our trailer (behind the baby suv) and I don't trust my piece of shit truck...
    Never said they were hard bud. In 20 years I've prolly built 30 kits or so. Everthing from the old Tamya Boomerangs awd, to RC10s. The trany I posted is my own design. Cost and breakage don't matter when you have 6 of them lol. I've baught whole kits just for spare parts Like I said I've even built and hand wound a few motors in my day too. I have a sh!t ton of hobbies. What I posted is just one. Click my sig link for one of the others Motor cycles ehh that's my younger brothers area..

Impounded
    2000 firechicken

hunting and fishing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information