Thread: Got Contacts...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Got Contacts...

Well I've had glasses for 9 years now and never had any want for contacts, but after hitting that tree last race and ruining my quad I realize I need contacts for riding at least.

Took me an HOUR to get them both in. An entire hour, both eyes were bloodshot all over from the irritation and watering like crazy. Then they want me to take them out and put them back in, in front of them. So yeah, I got it done put them in and came back home. That night I started freaking out because I couldn't get them out, ended up folding them over and having them stuck under my eyelids, lol, it worked! But wow, I chickened out today and didn;t try to put them back in. Any words of encouragements would be a great help.

I mean, how long am I going to suffer before it becomes easy. And how the fuck are you supposed to get two fingers on them and pinch them to take them out.

Putting them in they keep folding backwards on my finger or sticking to finger instead of eye. I never imagined it would be this hard!

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

quit being a puss dude....its not that hard...when their in your contact case....stick your index finger in there right in the middle of the contact. the contact will form and stock to your finger...then just pull your finger out and fold the contact back up off your finger, and pay attention to the edges...fold it to where the contact looks like a bowl, the edges will actually go up...dont put them in when they look kinda flat and look like a blade on the edge...if u put them in like that they will slide all over your eye ball and fall right out and cause irritation and all the shit you described. but put them in right and its simple and painless...when in your ey ball just close your eye lid and roll your eye around in circles and it will get the contact right where it needs to be

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

be patient. i remember when i first got my contacts it would take me forever to get them in and out. just...be patient. make sure that when you put them in that you have a lil bit of saline solution on the lens (and that you aren't putting them in the wrong way). when you get it on your eye hold it there until you feel it suck itself onto your eye. just be patient. when you take them out you just feel for it and gently pinch it and pull it gently off.

be patient.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I got Lasik at the beginning of the year. Best $1,800 I have ever spent in my life!!!! Right now I see 20/15 and No more stupid glasses, contacts and bullshit that goes along with it. I would highly recomend it as it lasts a lifetime and pays itsself off in 4-5 years anyway.

Black
    99 Z28

I wear hard contacts. I think they're fine. They're better than soft contacts.

It takes a bit of time to get used to contacts but in no time you'll have them in and out easily.

NBM
    1998 Formula

I have the soft contacts, and at first they were a big PITA. I was in the exact same boat as you. They were the most frustrating thing in the world. The first week is bad, and it then it gets better. I'd say within a couple weeks you should be a pro.

Half the battle is being able to tell if you're putting them in backwards.

Hang in there, you'll get it. Just keep practicing, and have patience.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

everyone who has contacts has gone thru this shitsoon youll be losing them in the bathroom for hours,accidently putting both in one eye(doesnt make you see twice as better either),sleeping in them after a long night of partying etc..

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by michaelinchains View Post
    everyone who has contacts has gone thru this shitsoon youll be losing them in the bathroom for hours,accidently putting both in one eye(doesnt make you see twice as better either),sleeping in them after a long night of partying etc..
    Screw that....get disposable softies and be done with it. Lose one? F it grab another..

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    I got Lasik at the beginning of the year. Best $1,800 I have ever spent in my life!!!! Right now I see 20/15 and No more stupid glasses, contacts and bullshit that goes along with it. I would highly recomend it as it lasts a lifetime and pays itsself off in 4-5 years anyway.
    i would love to get lasik...but unfortunately i've got astigmatism in both eyes so it would be like pissin in the ocean to raise the level. a few years later my eyes would suck again and i'd need glasses/contacts again.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i would love to get lasik...but unfortunately i've got astigmatism in both eyes so it would be like pissin in the ocean to raise the level. a few years later my eyes would suck again and i'd need glasses/contacts again.
    I have an astigmatism too. I had lasik done about 4-5 years ago. Haven't had one problem. Plus, there is lifetime corrections if your vision gets worse. Honestly, there is no reason not to get it done if you've got the money.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I got one rolled in the corner/behind my eye the other night. First problem I have had in 3 or 4 years. I love them.. i got the kind you wear 24/7 and i hardly ever notice a problem unless ive had them in for a month or two and they get blurry.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

glad I have good eyes. I wouldn't want to do that shit.

Red
    1999 Pontiac TransAm

+1 for the astigmatism. I had the worst sight of anyone I knew (not saying it was the worst by any means) but had the Lasik done and it is awesome. It was a miracle that I saw happen in 10 minutes. Unbelievable. After wearing contacts for 20 years, and glasses 10 before that....WOW!!! Good luck with the contacts and like others have said, just be patient.

Thread Information