Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

Got boned on $7K air conditioner install?

Got boned on $7K air conditioner install? home in Montgomery, AL

Monday of last week we had a new AC/heat pump installed inside the utility closet & AC compressor outside compressor isn’t bolted to the pad and can be pushed by a 5 year old kid.

Main issue The furnace isn’t positioned properly notice the 1” air gap on the left side the front cover is scharhed up it like they just threw it in there. And bottom sheet metal is all bent up the fliter door won’t close properly.

I Had the owner of co. come for an inspection he agreed the furnace needs to be repositioned to cover the hole, AC is sucking unfiltered hot air. He also stated that this would never pass a city inspection.

He said he would be fixing this incorrect installation at the beginning of this week, haven’t heard from them yet.remember they have been paid in full.

This is actually the second complete AC sys. We’ve purchased from them also maintained from them so I would expect a proper installation.

I paid for a brand new AC and the cover is all scratched up I told him this looks like a used AC he claims he took it off the truck and tried to assure me it was indeed new he wants to put touch up paint on the scratches. I said this looks used if I sell the house and tell people it’s new they would think I’m lying.

Yesterday the neighbors had there AC serviced I asked the man for his advice like can we complain to like a city inspector like AC installations are regulated right?

I have a phone # of the city inspections, plan to give these AC idiots that where basically trying to get over give them a chance to rectify there incorrect installation.

I have a 2x4 piece of wood over the crack and am using the AC.

Curious what happens if they decide not to reinstall the old stuff has been hauled off.

Will the city force us to reposition the furnace and disable it leaving us w/out AC.

I had a good feeling about these people prior to purchase that turned sour when they sent a Guy to recharge are old sys. To get us though until new AC.

I say sour because the asshole that came late on Friday stood in front of the closet for like ten minutes just staring at the furnace at 11 minute period I asked if he was gonna be able to recharge w/ freeon he snapped at me and said hey look I can come back Monday
    And you can be in 95* tempts for the whole weekend I was about to throw this moron out
    w/ an attitude like that but just said you where sent to recharge so kindly recharge.

I will be explaining this first Guy’s attitude to the owner after the reinstall.

Edit: additionally the neighbors service mans helper noted the PVC tube wasn’t installed correctly and wouldn’t pass a inspection.there’s a few other issues I’ll explain later one of which is using the bathroom w/out asking.
    Thanks for any advice sorry so long post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scharched cover.jpg  
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 06-19-2019 at 04:48 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Sucks. We had new furnace and AC done earlier this year. Alot of money to spend and end up unhappy. Really not sure what your best course of action would be. They have your money so you're at their Mercy for the most part. Maybe zapper will chime in as he may know better what your options are. I would probably just pay a better company to fix the install which sucks but I'm guessing that's the easiest and cheapest way out.

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

we are honest people that deserve better treatment especially being a repeat customer.
    will wait and give benefit of the doubt before contacting the city inspecter.

however I think it's there busy time of year so they probably don't give a dam currently they have good feedback at angies list which will get slammed w/ bad reviews. nowadays reviews have pull.

I have a bad feeling when I heard touch up paint. hell the fliter door is all bent up and there was no response from the owner on this door look closely they couldn't be bothered to screw the front sheet metal down notice there isn't a screw.it looks worst in person WTF
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 06-19-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    cam-LTs-FAST78-Susp.-Rims

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

update:evidently a city building permit is required from the city to install the AC.

I've given this AC co. the benefit of the doubt the owner said last Friday he would be intouch beginning of the week to fix this foulup, well it's the end of the week now and not even a courtesy call of excuses.

time to turn it up on these people. the permits are protecting us when the city inspects this crape the AC co. proballey won't be getting any more permits.

I feel after they get it right some kindof free upgrade or inconvenience refund is in order.what to ask for? we actuelly purchased the cheapest sys. Goodman instead of the train I think both are chinese made so there proballey the same AC w/ different names on the lables.

I definitely don't want my brand new AC bentup or scratched I want a unbent new AC.

https://www.hivacair.com/blog/really...ir-conditioner

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Pretty sure when I was reading up before we bought ours Goodman had good reviews at their price point. I wanted another comfortmaker because the old one was over 20 years old and still kicking....barely...but it was kicking. The comfortmaker guy I talked to was a douche so we went with carrier. Kinda regret that now after zapper gave me advice after the motherfucker was bought and paid for. It runs nice...he just said parts outside of a dealer may be tough to come by down the road.
    Just stay on their ass and have them make it right. It's not a $20 appliance...shits expensive so you're well within your rights to expect it to look brand new when it's put in. Not sure what you can get out of them after the check is cashed but maybe shoot for a case of filters or something haha the filter for mine is $30-35. I'd take a free case of those for sure haha

Blog Entries

silver
    99 ws6

yeah we've been recharging the old train AC for the last 4 years wasn't making good business sense however the heat pump was still working fine and it gets used more than the AC.

I will do some more research before contacting the city for inspection, would hate for them to disconnect the little AC we currently have seriously doubt they would leave us in this extreme heat.

good suggestion on the filters, I usually just get the green el cheapos at walmart 3 for like $5. and leave them in for 3 months

this new AC has the white filter proballey not the expensive one's I've seen upwards of $10 each.

why is you're filter so expensive? do you have the same goodman as we do?

however I consider this a major inconvenience so I expect more than a filter. maybe have the guy mow the lawn and do some much needed edging then tidy up the back yard fence you know the fence w/ the poison ivy.
    Last edited by qwik219d9; 06-20-2019 at 05:56 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Ours is a carrier. Uses a different style filter...looks like an accordian. Aprilaire 1410 filter. Bastards are expensive but supposed to be able to run on them alot longer....we can't because we own a small pony of a dog that sheds like his ass is on fire.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Wow, 7k. I paid a guy 1k and he installed a brand new high efficiency AirEase outside unit which included everything along with a new A-coil inside and installed everything. Been working great since and that was like 7 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Thread Information