Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

On a good note about auto zone/advance/ parts stores

u ever get this reaction from people that work in auto parts stores........since people for the most part that work in them enjoy cars its cool when u go in and tell them what part u need for your car and their eyes light up and say your camaro has the ls1 ............look outside and say man great car, that has happened to me several times. come out feeling good about my ride

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

pshhh the one and only time i went into autozone the guy went on and on about his civic w/2k of mods could walk over my car. fuk him. The other guy had never heard of long tube headers and the guy with the civic said theyd be imposible to put on! fuk them both.

theres a guy over at advance that has a built foxbody, he's COOL!! pretty much all the people at my local advance are cool and knowlegable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    pshhh the one and only time i went into autozone the guy went on and on about his civic w/2k of mods could walk over my car. fuk him. The other guy had never heard of long tube headers and the guy with the civic said theyd be imposible to put on! fuk them both.

theres a guy over at advance that has a built foxbody, he's COOL!! pretty much all the people at my local advance are cool and knowlegable.
    That is because Advance Auto Parts is just a better place to shop.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I know everyone at our local Advanced and they always get me what i need with no headache.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Every time i go to my local advanced auto the guy always goes into a long story about him saving up for a 03-04 mustang cobra and to come back next year and he will smoke me. its been over 2 years since he first told me this and still no cobra as of about a month ago. i guess ill just have to keep waiting.

The people always are pretty helpful whenever i need something though

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah.. we had 4 members of my car group working at our advance for a while.. so we would have 4 -6 F-bodies parked in front at any given time.. people kept asking us if they were shooting a commercial or something! LOL. But yeah, its a lot of fun when a nice car drives up and you say nice car.. and then you spend the next 20 mins talking about what you've done to yours and they did to theirs.. etc. Its a lot of fun!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Advance?? So they speak English at your Advance?? Autozone, another joke. If I need oil I go there, if I need real parts or have to talk to somebody I go to NAPA or the likes.

The typical response from the non English speaking fools at Advance is, "What size engine is in that 98 Z28? Who makes the Triumph? What type of car do you need that Holley 750 for? What type of car do you need universal Small Block exhaust gaskets for? Your Camaro doesnt have a timing chain, it has a belt.. I could go on and on, but you get the point. When I ask them where something is at in the store they point to a sign that is completely in Spanish and say it is right there, implying I am some idiot because i cant read it. ITS IN SPANISH YOU ASSHOLE, THIS IS THE USA, AND I DONT SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tater_salad
    Yeah, I got turned down at a couple jobs because I didn't speak spanish...

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I like Advance Auto Parts. I order stuff and pick it up there a lot. Picked up a new Dynomax muffler for my T-bird there just today actually.. usually get parts nice and fast through them, sometimes same day.

I use the other stores too, and Car Quest has been UBER-NICE to me because my uncle worked there forever.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The local stores around here don't ever have anything I need. I order just about everything online from our sponsors. If something I need isn't offered by a sponsor than I usually leave a comment in the comments box that I'm a member here and hope they will check the site out. I went to all our local stores trying to find 6.5" foam buffing pads and most told me they don't exist and the Porter Cable 7424 is some kind of junk scam websites sell and told me to buy their $35 buffer that would do a better job.

327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Advance?? So they speak English at your Advance?? Autozone, another joke. If I need oil I go there, if I need real parts or have to talk to somebody I go to NAPA or the likes.

The typical response from the non English speaking fools at Advance is, "What size engine is in that 98 Z28? Who makes the Triumph? What type of car do you need that Holley 750 for? What type of car do you need universal Small Block exhaust gaskets for? Your Camaro doesnt have a timing chain, it has a belt.. I could go on and on, but you get the point. When I ask them where
    something is at in the store they point to a sign that is completely in Spanish and say it is right there, implying I am some idiot because i cant read it. ITS IN SPANISH YOU ASSHOLE, THIS IS THE USA, AND I DONT SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SAME HERE!!!!

I used to goto autozone everyday for parts when i worked at a car lot......until they started hiring spanish speaking idiots!!!

I went in one day for parts for a 89 toyota supra turbo
    parts guy:hi what u need today?

me:need a set of injectors for a toyota supra

parts guy:year...motor...transmission?

me:1989, 3.0L turbo, 5 spd

parts guy: that car is carb'd....it doesnt have a FI

me:wanna go outside and look at it? it has six injectors

HE HAD TO GO OUT AND COUNT THE 6 INJECTORS!!!!!!!

What car is the header gaskets for?
    i need to know what motor the starter fits
    okay what car is this edlebrock for?....oh that wont fit it
    no that intake wont fit your car(a sbc edlebrock intake....going on a 85 t/a lol
    other times.....
    there is no such thing
    as lt1 6 spd
    a 3.8 turbo in a f-body
    k10 witha 454 in it(it was a custom swap) guy said it was impossible
    pontiac grand ams dont have quad four motors(2.4L)

I mean they went down drain bad

I have been asked to be a manager there....ive told people how to do things at autozone....lol

i turned it down...i dont wanna babysit a bunch of lazy retarded non english speakin morons

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 TRANS AM

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post

The typical response from the non English speaking fools at Advance is, "What size engine is in that 98 Z28? Who makes the Triumph? What type of car do you need that Holley 750 for? What type of car do you need universal Small Block exhaust gaskets for? Your Camaro doesnt have a timing chain, it has a belt.. I could go on and on, but you get the point. When I ask them where something is at in the store they point to a sign that is completely in Spanish and say it is right there, implying I am some idiot because i cant read it. ITS IN SPANISH YOU ASSHOLE, THIS IS THE USA, AND I DONT SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can agree with that only becuz I work at Napa and have experienced
    the same thing.I have only been in this line of work for 4 years now and learning more every day.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

K.O.I. [kentucky ohio indiana] That place is the best. Filled with old-school gearheads who don't care if you smoke while waiting. It's just a giant warehouse with a counter in the front. If you talk real good game, they'll give you free shit [like light bulbs]

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I have had mixed results with advanced. They have given me the wrong parts before. Which really pisses me off as they are like 25 minute drive one way. Western Auto ftw.

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I have had mixed results with advanced. They have given me the wrong parts before. Which really pisses me off as they are like 25 minute drive one way. Western Auto ftw.
    Yeah, just imagine them giving you a Throttle Body fuel pump when you asked for a TPI pump in a 88 GTA. And then after 10 hours of putting it in then taking it back out because the moron cant read, then the guy just shrugs it off and says he can give us the right one now but it costs more.

Advance is good for one thing though. Oil recycling. They dont care if its got oil, water, gas, coolant etc etc. Most places wont take it if you have anything mixed in, which is kinda stupid because I havent figured out a way to seperate it myself yet.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

advanced ftw. I'm at the local one here so much I'm surprised they don't have me arrested for loitering. Seriously, I'm in there several times a week. I work on cars on the side and that's where I get all my parts at. I'm there so much the manager gives me a discount.
    Back to the original topic.
    This summer I drove the bird up there because I'm normally in the truck or GTO and pulled into the lot with the cutout open and cam lope. The manager happened to be outside testing someones battery and stuck his head in the door so a couple of counter guys could come out and hear it and said " Now that's what a car is supposed to sound like." Another guy up there drools on my GTO when I take it in. He really likes the cars and hopefully he'll get to buy himself one.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah, when I worked there.. me and the other 2 car group guys would always stare out the window when a nice sounding car drove past.. and when one drove up.. I swear we almost mowed the customers over to go outside to look at it and talk to the owner.

But I know what you mean about loitering.. Lol.. I spend hours there BSing with the crew.. looking around.. checking parts... and more BSing.. I ALMOST have them convinced to put in some stools, a coffee pot, and get a donghnut vendor to make deliveries.. the NAPA back home was like that.. it was nice.. you could sit there and BS about whatevr.. talk to the guys that came in.. etc.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Advanced seems to get a lot of parking lot mechanics. One guy I seen with a bottle of R31A or whatever air conditioner shit is called, in the parking lot, reading the damn bottle as he did it. Following the instructions carefully and looking really confused. I was so close to asking him if he is liscensed to do that and then call the cops on him for being a dumbass.

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Advanced seems to get a lot of parking lot mechanics. One guy I seen with a bottle of R31A or whatever air conditioner shit is called, in the parking lot, reading the damn bottle as he did it. Following the instructions carefully and looking really confused. I was so close to asking him if he is liscensed to do that and then call the cops on him for being a dumbass.
    Its called R134 and you dont need a lisence to use it and so far they dont require a lisence to be a dumbass. Good thing huh!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Yes, they do require a liscense to use it, there is a loop-hole that says you are able to purchase it, but you have to be liscensed to use it. Google it, dumbass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information