Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

gonna kill me a coon

I live in the country and have a chicken coop. Last night a coon opened the door and killed my rooster. I imagine the rooster was just doing his job of protecting the hens and paid the ultimate price. That was a bad ass rooster too. I let his spurs grow and they were damn near 2" long. They would draw blood through blue jeans. I'm betting the coon had a battle but in the end a coon > a rooster.
    I set my traps up tonight and when I catch the offending coon his days are over. Pisses me off too. I raised that rooster from a chick 3.5 years ago. Me and him had some serious battles out there when I'd clean the coop out. He didn't take crap off nobody. Now I have 9 hens with no rooster to protect them.

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

time to get the shotgun

nightstalker50
    raccoons are some mean little bastards i had one as a pet when i was a kid ntill the game warden took it . about 2 months ago my Rott got into a fight with one the coon got his ass kicked but put up a hell of a fight......it was kinda funny seeing a Rottpull a raccoon out of a tree maybe it wouldnt have been so bad if the coon didnt land on my dogs head

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I had a pet coon when I was ~15 and my grandpa had one when I was ~10. They're some nasty little bastards when they have to be. This one made the mistake of killing my rooster though so he's gonna have to pay. I just raise the chickens basically to teach my son that food and eggs don't have to come from a grocery store. I grew up in the country with big gardens and fruit trees and my grandpa slaughtering hogs. I just want my son to grow up knowing how to live without super wal-marts and Kroger if he has to.
    I was actually pretty fond of that rooster. He was one of the meanest roosters I've ever seen. My grandpa had a rooster when I was a kid that was about as mean as this one. If you got near the hens he would tear into you until you left. Our closest neighbor watched them for me when I went on vacation last year. She's about 65-70 years old and I told her to keep an eye on him. She went in to shut them up for the night and walked past a couple of hens and he attacked her and tore her legs up before she could get out of there. Puctured through her jeans and brought blood on her legs. I felt bad about it but deep down I was kinda impressed.
    I'll trap that coon then I'm gonna shoot him between the eyes with a 22. Bye bye coon.

nightstalker50
    me and my brother inlaw tried the hog deal and let say F that shit never again...... more trouble than it was worth got tired of pork chops fast lol. My Grand dad used to raise pigs and cows sometimes he would have 10-15 hogs. i dont see how he could afford to feed em and when he butchered he didnt waste nothing well nothing but the feet, etc

Yellowjacket
    05 GTO M6

orion your on the GTO forums right?

NBM
    99 TA

i thought this was a racist thread when i first saw it lol

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

People are too quick to throw up the racist flag around here

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon100 View Post
    orion your on the GTO forums right?
    Yup, I'm over there too.
    nightstalker50, my grandpa used to say the only thing he didn't make use of on his hogs was the "oink".

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

I've got a pile of bleached out raccoon bones in the woods behind my house from the 30-40 coons I've shot over the years. They come on the back porch to eat the cat's food, and if I go out there and they run off, fine, live for another day. But if he stays and hisses....dead meat.

I figure some archeologist (sp?) will be in this area a few hundred years from now and figure the coon skeletons were some sort of ritual spot for a indian tribe of something.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I had a pet coon when I was ~15 and my grandpa had one when I was ~10. They're some nasty little bastards when they have to be. This one made the mistake of killing my rooster though so he's gonna have to pay. I just raise the chickens basically to teach my son that food and eggs don't have to come from a grocery store. I grew up in the country with big gardens and fruit trees and my grandpa slaughtering hogs. I just want my son to grow up knowing how to live without super wal-marts and Kroger if he has to.
    I was actually pretty fond of that rooster. He was one of the meanest roosters I've ever seen. My grandpa had a rooster when I was a kid that was about as mean as this one. If you got near the hens he would tear into you until you left. Our closest neighbor watched them for me when I went on vacation last year. She's about 65-70 years old and I told her to keep an eye on him. She went in to shut them up for the night and walked past a couple of hens and he attacked her and tore her legs up before she could get out of there. Puctured through her jeans and brought blood on her legs. I felt bad about it but deep down I was kinda impressed.
    I'll trap that coon then I'm gonna shoot him between the eyes with a 22. Bye bye coon.
    fuck the .22 man get the 30-06 out for this SOB

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

We had problems with possums getting in the chicken coop when I was younger, I never will forget that one night I pissed that possum off. I was about 10 or 11 years old when my dad woke me up at around midnight during the summer break. He told me to grab my 410 shotgun and a flashlight, I was confused but figured what the hell, might get into something fun. We went out to the chicken coop and the hens were going nuts, dad spotlighted that possum so I walked up going to shoot him. That little bastard was hissing and making all kinds of racket, well I pull the trigger and bust his ass. The next thing I know dad was pulling me back running torwards the house, I blew all the fur off his ass but it pissed him off. That damn possum chased us all the way back to the house!! Dad went in and got his 12 gage and finished the little fucker off but damn that thing was tough! I could only imagine how tough a coon is.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    i thought this was a racist thread when i first saw it lol
    Yeah. I was let down also. Anyway. a .22 may not get the job done man. Coons and opossums are fucking tough critters.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

hahaha funny stories... we have racoons in the city too...my dog chased one up a tree in our backyard and that shit was hissing at him all night... wanted to egt my paintball gun out but it was too late at night didnt want to scare the neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    People are too quick to throw up the racist flag around here
    no shit.

sign of the times.....

1981 g-Body

Good stories.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I am also a coutry boy. Go to Tractor Supply ( If you got one) and get a spring trap. Cats/coons and possums are gone man....here...
    http://www.animal-traps.com/
    They are like $40 bucks and work...I cleared out a familty of coons in the barn and caught every ferrel cat on the ranch. You can either relocate them or blow their brains out...whichever suits your fancy.

Me zero coon two
    SOB was on my roof trying to get at some bees in my gutters(honeycomb nest with eggs) I got my 12ga he went from the roof to the deck my wife blinded me with the flash light and he jumps to the deck to the ground I got off two shoots but must have missed or they are tuff mother fXXXXXX
    The next day I got a trap and set a can of cat food in it. Next day the cat food was gone and the trap was moved 10 feet and pushed in the swamp in my back yard. I now have a new trap on order I think the other one was a PC of shit. Ya he kicked my as twice.

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    We had problems with possums getting in the chicken coop when I was younger, I never will forget that one night I pissed that possum off. I was about 10 or 11 years old when my dad woke me up at around midnight during the summer break. He told me to grab my 410 shotgun and a flashlight, I was confused but figured what the hell, might get into something fun. We went out to the chicken coop and the hens were going nuts, dad spotlighted that possum so I walked up going to shoot him. That little bastard was hissing and making all kinds of racket, well I pull the trigger and bust his ass. The next thing I know dad was pulling me back running torwards the house, I blew all the fur off his ass but it pissed him off. That damn possum chased us all the way back to the house!! Dad went in and got his 12 gage and finished the little fucker off but damn that thing was tough! I could only imagine how tough a coon is.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Was the roosters name "Little Jerry Seinfeld"?Attachment 6049
    Last edited by Nastyfoot; 11-03-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information