Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf??

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

****golf thread****

Anybody here Golf on a normal basis through out the nicer months. I just went out yesterday (First time of the year) and shot alright (For me ) but can't get rid of this nasty slice to the right. I'm right handed and have only played maybe 14 times in my life I use a different set of clubs everytime out which isn't good but this slice is killing me

So anyone else like to Golf??
    Last edited by blackSS01; 04-10-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I love golf. Wish I could get out more. I played for the first time about 4 years ago and was instantly hooked. Its something everyone should try.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I average about 3 to 4 shots over par

Still super fun and I love to play. First sport that really challenges me every second.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Golf: A great walk amongst nature spoiled by a little white ball....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Golf: A great walk amongst nature spoiled by a little white ball....

That makes total sense except I Golf Cart it around. Nothing like drifting in those lil bitches

GOLF

I hear about it all day long and have to pretend like I care.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    GOLF

I hear about it all day long and have to pretend like I care.
    Too bad so sad

My buddies GF came out with us yesterday and loved it

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Too bad so sad

My buddies GF came out with us yesterday and loved it
    Working at a country club, I learn to hate it more everyday.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Anybody here Golf on a normal basis through out the nicer months. I just went out yesterday (First time of the year) and shot alright (For me ) but can't get rid of this nasty slice to the right. I'm right handed and have only played maybe 14 times in my life I use a different set of clubs everytime out which isn't good but this slice is killing me

So anyone else like to Golf??
    I'll give you the same advice I was given........aim left.

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

I used to work at a country club while in school and it was the best times ever...golfing every damn day without a care in the world.

We used to modify the governor so we can get from hole to hole faster

I got to start golfing again. It can get expensive but fun as hell.

Seriously, if you want to get better, get a few lessons from the pro.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Working at a country club, I learn to hate it more everyday.
    I could see that

Seriously, if you want to get better, get a few lessons from the pro.
    Can't afford that, not that into it

I'll try aiming left

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I play golf here myself. The tree's fear me ever time I step up to a ball. I have tried aiming left and right not much help. I then got a Big Bertha and it helped my game out. That and I learned to not try to kill every shot. Just let the club do the work..

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I play golf here myself. The tree's fear me ever time I step up to a ball. I have tried aiming left and right not much help. I then got a Big Bertha and it helped my game out. That and I learned to not try to kill every shot. Just let the club do the work..
    What I've been working on! Not holding on to the club so tight and using less power

Red
    06 GTO

i go quite a bit now, went today, and im also going sunday, shot a 89 today, best round ever was 79, but hoping to be able to get par on most courses within a few years LOL.

red
    95 Z28

What I've been working on! Not holding on to the club so tight and using less power
    The slice is caused by a couple things. You are swinging the club head from the outside-in. And/or you are getting your hands way ahead of the clubhead at impact. Slowing down the swing will help a little. Positioning the ball towards the front of your stance will help a little too. But most importantly is to focus on taking the club straight back and straight through the ball.

Also, and only you can answer this, are you swinging AT the ball? Or, THROUGH the ball. Kinda like shooting a gun. You don't pull the trigger, you squeeze the trigger. So, you don't want to swing at the ball; bad things happen. Pick a spot just in front of the ball and swing across that point and sweep the clubhead into the ball.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by RENE95Z View Post
    The slice is caused by a couple things. You are swinging the club head from the outside-in. And/or you are getting your hands way ahead of the clubhead at impact. Slowing down the swing will help a little. Positioning the ball towards the front of your stance will help a little too. But most importantly is to focus on taking the club straight back and straight through the ball.

Also, and only you can answer this, are you swinging AT the ball? Or, THROUGH the ball. Kinda like shooting a gun. You don't pull the trigger, you squeeze the trigger. So, you don't want to swing at the ball; bad things happen. Pick a spot just in front of the ball and swing across that point and sweep the clubhead into the ball.
    Good info I am doing a few things wrong

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    I'll give you the same advice I was given........aim left.
    that doesn't fix the problem at all lol. yeah your not following through properly ur club head is still turned to the right therefore the ball goes right. if it goes left your wrists broke too soon and the club is facing more left. its alright if you do that once in a while cause than your getting closer to what ur suppose to do. practice chipping in the back yard that helps alot

Ray Charles blue

Fix slice.

1. 6-pack of beer
    2. bucket of balls
    3. small towel

Go to the range and grab any club you want. Crack beer 1 and drink till empty and drop can behind you. Grab club with left hand and see three knuckles. Right hand overlaps and both Vs from your forefinger and thumb point to your back should. Put towel under your right arm. For your backswing use only left arm for take away. At the top of the swing besure the towel doesnt fall out from your side. This keeps your right elbow tucked and at a 90 degree angle and will keep your left arm from bending. On the down swing keep your right elbow tucked in. Roll your wrists through impact and the club should go UP in the air and not around your body.

You do this and you will fix your slice, you may still have a fade but a power fade is better than a draw any day. Easier to control. A draw in on the verge of being a hook. Ask me how I know.

To give you an idea I set my high school record and was mens club champion at age of 19. I hit the ball a long way and no I am not trying to brag. I am just being honest. Very rarely do I play with anyone who hits it as far as I do on average. There are some guys that hit it as far and further than me that I play with but its a rarity outside of those select few, and I see them mainly in tournaments. And I dont swing hard, my usual driver speed is 106-108 and I am on par as far as distance with those who swing in the low 120s.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Fix slice.

1. 6-pack of beer
    2. bucket of balls
    3. small towel

Go to the range and grab any club you want. Crack beer 1 and drink till empty and drop can behind you. Grab club with left hand and see three knuckles. Right hand overlaps and both Vs from your forefinger and thumb point to your back should. Put towel under your right arm. For your backswing use only left arm for take away. At the top of the swing besure the towel doesnt fall out from your side. This keeps your right elbow tucked and at a 90 degree angle and will keep your left arm from bending. On the down swing keep your right elbow tucked in. Roll your wrists through impact and the club should go UP in the air and not around your body.

You do this and you will fix your slice, you may still have a fade but a power fade is better than a draw any day. Easier to control. A draw in on the verge of being a hook. Ask me how I know.

To give you an idea I set my high school record and was mens club champion at age of 19. I hit the ball a long way and no I am not trying to brag. I am just being honest. Very rarely do I play with anyone who hits it as far as I do on average. There are some guys that hit it as far and further than me that I play with but its a rarity outside of those select few, and I see them mainly in tournaments. And I dont swing hard, my usual driver speed is 106-108 and I am on par as far as distance with those who swing in the low 120s.
    Can't wait to use all this advice I've gotten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information