Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Going to save a guy from a repo of his gto this morning...

ill be right back with his car

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

pics man...pics

So what is the story? Friend got his car repo'd and you are hiding it at your place?

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Long story short, got to talking to a guy with an 04 GTO. He said he just lost his job and was gonna turn the car back into the bank since he was behind payment for 6 months.

I just throw it out there that i buy it for payoff plus $500 cash, he agreed

Meet at his bank today and checked it out, we have to sign some paperwork tuesday and ill get some pics.

Great deal.

Ray Charles blue

Nice.

But he didnt "just" lose his job if he is 6 months behind on payments and he surely was not driving it at all and the car was in hiding.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Nice.

But he didnt "just" lose his job if he is 6 months behind on payments and he surely was not driving it at all and the car was in hiding.
    correct, he lost a decent paying job and then got fired from a smaller job, it was either let it get repod or make a SMALL profit though im guessing 6 months of no payments would hurt his credit

Ray Charles blue

Damn right, 6 months is going to kill him. It went in to collections within a few months and thus right now his credit is shot.

It sucks, I feel for him, I really do. Lets just hope he can get on his feet and get back to where he was. Times are tough man.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

the question is, op, where do you get your money and how can i get some too?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

He buys cars from less fortunate people, and sells them for a higher profit. Uses that profit to look for another quick turnaround. I believe you can only do this so many times before it's considered a business and you need to be licensed though. Is that correct?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sounds like score to me

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    He buys cars from less fortunate people, and sells them for a higher profit. Uses that profit to look for another quick turnaround. I believe you can only do this so many times before it's considered a business and you need to be licensed though. Is that correct?

All states are different, but yeah you'd assume at some point he'd have to get his wholesaler license if that's what he's doing.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I believe in Minnesota, the cut off is 5 vehicles.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm pretty sure he formed a gang called CMB (cash money brothers) and took over an entire apartment comlex in new york city called the Carter. He set up a crack lab inside where girls package crack with their titties hanging out. He had some trouble with the mafia but had a couple buddies drive by in front of their hangout on a motorcycle (with one guy riding backwards on the back) and they shot them up using machine guns. Ice T and Judd Nelson are after him so he better watch his step and make sure he doesn't start screwing his best friends girlfriend even though his best friend has developed a crack habit. After that he went and bought a GTO.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I believe in Minnesota, the cut off is 5 vehicles.
    5 vehicles? In what period of time? I have bought and sold probably 10 cars within 6-8 months of owning them.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm pretty sure he formed a gang called CMB (cash money brothers) and took over an entire apartment comlex in new york city called the Carter. He set up a crack lab inside where girls package crack with their titties hanging out. He had some trouble with the mafia but had a couple buddies drive by in front of their hangout on a motorcycle (with one guy riding backwards on the back) and they shot them up using machine guns. Ice T and Judd Nelson are after him so he better watch his step and make sure he doesn't start screwing his best friends girlfriend even though his best friend has developed a crack habit. After that he went and bought a GTO.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

That escalated quickly

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    5 vehicles? In what period of time? I have bought and sold probably 10 cars within 6-8 months of owning them.
    5 per year. Once you cross that, I think you have to get a small dealer's license.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

RIP Pookie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information