Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

god damn campus police

we were driving in area that happened to be a college campus. we never have been in this area before. and my gf turns to me and says, be careful campus police can be real dinks - they love to pull you over for the littlest thing it makes them feel real important.... so i realize i'm going the wrong way and turn down a side street and kinda do a u-turn rignt where taht side street meets the main street so i'm never really on the side fully - just doing a u-turn on taht street and face oout so i can now turn left and go back teh otehr way. this little bitch pulls me over saying i did a u-turn, and i start arguing about it, and i guess she has a lot of pride over her bgi job so she's telling me we can argue it in court.... gf says to shut up and kiss her ass, so she comes back and doesnt give me a ticket. that's the fisrt time i've gotten pulled over in a year, and i've done a LOT worse stuff than that in the last year. i am a very agressive driver. i'll blow red lights if i get anoyed it's too long - i'll speed of course, i almost never stop fully at stop signs. and i get pulled for this by damn campus cop for nothing... i saw another campus cop pulled over another guy accross from me for who knows what. i think the root is political correctness - there are students walking everywhere and the college wants to cover their ass in case there's an accident and at least give the appearance that they really care.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

campus cops = mall mounties

Black
    99 SS

same at my school, there rent-a-cops

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

the rent-a-cops at my school made enough of parking tickets last year to buy a new parking lot and 150 new parking meters, with money to spare

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I had campus cops fly up behind me in their car and flash their lights at me and make me be on my knees with my hands behind my head for 20 minutes because I shot an airsoft gun at my friend in the parking lot. They called the real cops on us and we were stuck in the back of a police car for an hour because we had an airsoft gun. The rent a cops went way overboard at our school.

in Texas campus police on a public university campus are state police with FULL state police powers....same as what DPS has....this does not mean they are not an under trained joke....i know for a fact from several incedents they are

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by INandOUTBurger
    in Texas campus police on a public university campus are state police with FULL state police powers....same as what DPS has....this does not mean they are not an under trained joke....i know for a fact from several incedents they are

same in Oklahoma, yet I never met an OSU campus cop I didnt like

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Campus cops are actual police and can/will arrest you if needed.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Is it a state school? I learned the hard way that if it's a state school then they are state employees, and do you know what that makes them, it isn't rent-a-cops? State troopers, no kidding. I was a dick to one when I unlocked his car for him and I made him pay the 50 bucks (after midnight charge). He said I thought you did it for cops for free and I was like yeah, cops not you. He followed me to my house WAY off campus and gave me a ticket for my inspection being out and said have fun fighting that since we aren't on campus have a nice night. I go in to the court house and sure enough, they are state employees equal to state troopers, damnit. They could follow you 200 miles out of town where the college is and give you a ticket

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Erick you like anybody who dresses up like your boyfriend on holloween and has a set of hand cuffs with a double post bed. queer.

how you been lately? havnt talked to ya in a while. sorry for flame. it was way over due.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

suck, you beat me to it

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Happy as hell these days, if Im down I just go drive the truck, and then Im happy again

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

good dude... happy to hear you got your truck(i already heard) but thats cool as fuck.... its a bad ass truck dude..... tommorow go out and rape it for me. .... you've been naughty little supercharger!! Hi-po said so... take this... and that ..... hmmmm i can hear it whine from over here.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Yeah I laid waste to a Silverado SS on the way to the grocery store, Ive been smiling all day

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

haha a grocery getter mixed with a whiner... poyfect.

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    Is it a state school? I learned the hard way that if it's a state school then they are state employees, and do you know what that makes them, it isn't rent-a-cops? State troopers, no kidding. I was a dick to one when I unlocked his car for him and I made him pay the 50 bucks (after midnight charge). He said I thought you did it for cops for free and I was like yeah, cops not you. He followed me to my house WAY off campus and gave me a ticket for my inspection being out and said have fun fighting that since we aren't on campus have a nice night. I go in to the court house and sure enough, they are state employees equal to state troopers, damnit. They could follow you 200 miles out of town where the college is and give you a ticket
    if that was recent you need to go to Tech and file a complaint

i had lived in Lubbock 1 month when one Sunday at 10AM some assholes started pounding on my door at Heritage (shithole) apts and screaming police open up

i finally woke up and went to the door and opened it and it was 2 dumbass campus cops asking for "kathy"....i was like "what the fuck" and they were like how long you lived here....i said a month.....they got these big grins on their face and walked off....i was so out of it i just shut the door

the more i thought about it the more pissed i got so a couple nights later i went to file a complaint and the 2 cops that met me were VERY nervous about what i had to say and how angry i was....i explained ALL the FACTUAL incedents i know about campus cops in Nacogdoches, Austin, and Denton and told them i was tired of sorry ass under trained cops and this was it i was filing a complaint....they were VERY nervous and said sorry several times and finally told me the chief of the Tech PD has a specific policy that his force should avoid going off campus to enforce laws.....i said well we will see

so far compared to any other school i have been around Tech really is off campus VERY little....so i believe that part of what they told me was true

while you might not get out of the ticket or make a friend you might get some punk ass chump called into the chiefs office for a "what were you doing WAY off campus"

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

if that was recent you need to go to Tech and file a complaint

i had lived in Lubbock 1 month when one Sunday at 10AM some assholes started pounding on my door at Heritage (shithole) apts and screaming police open up

i finally woke up and went to the door and opened it and it was 2 dumbass campus cops asking for "kathy"....i was like "what the fuck" and they were like how long you lived here....i said a month.....they got these big grins on their face and walked off....i was so out of it i just shut the door

the more i thought about it the more pissed i got so a couple nights later i went to file a complaint and the 2 cops that met me were VERY nervous about what i had to say and how angry i was....i explained ALL the FACTUAL incedents i know about campus cops in Nacogdoches, Austin, and Denton and told them i was tired of sorry ass under trained cops and this was it i was filing a complaint....they were VERY nervous and said sorry several times and finally told me the chief of the Tech PD has a specific policy that his force should avoid going off campus to enforce laws.....i said well we will see

so far compared to any other school i have been around Tech really is off campus VERY little....so i believe that part of what they told me was true

while you might not get out of the ticket or make a friend you might get some punk ass chump called into the chiefs office for a "what were you doing WAY off campus"
    I didn't know any of them or anything about them yet at that time. Now I know most of the lubb cops and a lot of the tech cops too. Those tech cops think they OWN 4th and 19th. No matter to me anymore they love us, we unlock their cars for free, and their wives cars, and any car with a kid locked in it etc. I was new back in the day and didn't know them and they didn't know me, it's all good now. You wouldn't believe how often they lock their keys in their cars on the job. . . .
    Last edited by oneBADDz; 02-05-2006 at 10:54 PM.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM_DURST
    we were driving in area that happened to be a college campus. we never have been in this area before. and my gf turns to me and says, be careful campus police can be real dinks - they love to pull you over for the littlest thing it makes them feel real important.... so i realize i'm going the wrong way and turn down a side street and kinda do a u-turn rignt where taht side street meets the main street so i'm never really on the side fully - just doing a u-turn on taht street and face oout so i can now turn left and go back teh otehr way. this little bitch pulls me over saying i did a u-turn, and i start arguing about it, and i guess she has a lot of pride over her bgi job so she's telling me we can argue it in court.... gf says to shut up and kiss her ass, so she comes back and doesnt give me a ticket. that's the fisrt time i've gotten pulled over in a year, and i've done a LOT worse stuff than that in the last year. i am a very agressive driver. i'll blow red lights if i get anoyed it's too long - i'll speed of course, i almost never stop fully at stop signs. and i get pulled for this by damn campus cop for nothing... i saw another campus cop pulled over another guy accross from me for who knows what. i think the root is political correctness - there are students walking everywhere and the college wants to cover their ass in case there's an accident and at least give the appearance that they really care.
    As many have already pointed out, State run campuses have police forces that have state jurisdiction, or in other words, the same powers as any state trooper. From the way it sounds, you drive like an idiot. Aggressive drivers are the biggest cause of major accidents in many cases.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

In Missouri, state university cops can choose to enforce laws as auniversity cop, city cop, or state cop. Luckily they're really cool if you're a student. If you're cool with them, then they're cool. I got out of a minor in possession cause I went to school there. They just gave me a ride back to my place. Coulda been a lot worse. Only thing they are dicks about is parking

NBM
    '00 Z28

do like they did it The Dukes of Hazzard movie. "Campus police, haha haha ha, "

campus cops: "Mother of God."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information