Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

GNC employee question

Has anybody ever worked there at all? Is it as bad as i've heard it is? Is it bad to the point where its not even worth bothering? I figured it was an easy enough job but sometimes you go into jobs like that with the most noble of intentions only to get faced with more aggravation. how bad is the pay?

GNC the vitamin place for those who dont know what i was talking about btw

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Has anybody ever worked there at all? Is it as bad as i've heard it is? Is it bad to the point where its not even worth bothering? I figured it was an easy enough job but sometimes you go into jobs like that with the most noble of intentions only to get faced with more aggravation. how bad is the pay?

GNC the vitamin place for those who dont know what i was talking about btw
    Are you thinking of applying there? A friend of mine used to work there....

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Are you thinking of applying there? A friend of mine used to work there....
    Possibly as a 2nd job sort of thing. I'm young and not making enough money and its time to start hustling. Dont expect to make any real money there but if it at least is easy without major aggravation i'd do it. God knows I know enough about their bread and butter sales which is the sports nutrition products Ie protein, creatine, preworkout products etc. I just dont wanna go there thinking im getting a nice easy part time job for extra income and have to sit in meetings and hear about mission statements etc

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Any returned supplements have to be thrown out if they're opened.

So you can get a lot of free supps.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Any returned supplements have to be thrown out if they're opened.

So you can get a lot of free supps.
    i like this.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

i like this.
    Keep in mind, I haven't work there, that's just secondary information I've heard from people who have worked there. It may differ from store to store so research that before hand.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Great first question for an interview, Iroc.

Interviewer: "Well thats it for the interview, Brett. Do you have any questions for us?"

Brett: "Yeah mannn, what do you doo with all the shit that gets returned maaaan?"

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Oh, and..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M[/ame]

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I don't even need to watch that to know they're all just fucken skanks.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

you fuckin' lookin' at me? Huh? HUH?

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

I had a friend who worked at the GNC on base here. He liked it alot. Apparently you get commission on certain products like Muscletech.

Hopefully you will be one of the few ppl that work at GNC who know what the hell theyre talkin about.

Me and my friend went in to GNC and I got some whey protein and he got a can of Animal stak. Well when we went to check out, the lady tried to get big with my friend about getting vitamins.

She (the "manager") asked him whether he took vitamins, and he responded (jokingly) saying "yeah the flinstone gummies". She was dead ass when she responded... " I would give those to my two year old". She went on to explain how when she was at some convention they explained how your body goes into an "anabolic state" after your workout.(she meant catabolic state).LOL

The kicker is now that particular store sells the adult gummy vitamins and theyre flying off the shelves.

Ive had many of these type of experiences at GNC lol. This one just stood out to me though

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Possibly as a 2nd job sort of thing. I'm young and not making enough money and its time to start hustling. Dont expect to make any real money there but if it at least is easy without major aggravation i'd do it. God knows I know enough about their bread and butter sales which is the sports nutrition products Ie protein, creatine, preworkout products etc. I just dont wanna go there thinking im getting a nice easy part time job for extra income and have to sit in meetings and hear about mission statements etc
    Honestly man If i was you I would start a business or go back to school man, even as a side job gnc won't pay much of anything and it's not really worth your time man. I think any young person that is already working but is thinking about extra money should have those two things on there mind. first and fore most

Black
    2005 GTO

Honestly man If i was you I would start a business or go back to school man, even as a side job gnc won't pay much of anything and it's not really worth your time man. I think any young person that is already working but is thinking about extra money should have those two things on there mind. first and fore most
    Yeah all that fancy eduamucation seems to be working out real well for them now a days. Now they have college debt, credit card debt and can't get a job other than bk or mcdonalds.

Sorry had to poke fun of our shitty economy. I have alot college degree people working for me now a days. They went from promises of 60-100k a year jobs to not finding a job other than stocking shelves for $10 an hour.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Yeah all that fancy eduamucation seems to be working out real well for them now a days. Now they have college debt, credit card debt and can't get a job other than bk or mcdonalds.

Sorry had to poke fun of our shitty economy. I have alot college degree people working for me now a days. They went from promises of 60-100k a year jobs to not finding a job other than stocking shelves for $10 an hour.
    I don't doubt that at all, but the economy will not stay like this forever. Also i like i said business is the best side hustle there is.............

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i personal train, and i am going back to school in the spring for exercise science. However personal training hours dont really amount to a 40 hr paycheck most of the time. So a second job is the plan. Going to college doesnt put money in your pocket. working does.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    Hopefully you will be one of the few ppl that work at GNC who know what the hell theyre talkin about.
    lol this is true.

I have a gold card with GNC so every now and then when I don't feel like waiting for shipping from online stores I'll go in there to get whatever I want.

It's pretty easy to instantly tell who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't have a shred of nutritional knowledge in your brain.

One of the common questions they'll ask is if we have used what we're buying before. If the person is the former from the above statement, I'll tell the truth and tell them yes, and we'll shoot the shit about whatever.

But if they're the latter, I'll usually say something like, "No I've never used N.O.-Xplode before, but this guy my friend was talking to said it makes it really easy to create more musculature in my arms" Then they'll prattle off some more misinformation about stuff, they'll mention protein and I'll say "but I don't want to get fat"; they'll mention creatine and I'll say "no way man, I don't want to do any of that illegal shit."

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

i personal train, and i am going back to school in the spring for exercise science. However personal training hours dont really amount to a 40 hr paycheck most of the time. So a second job is the plan. Going to college doesnt put money in your pocket. working does.
    If you call what gnc gonna pay you money then that's fine man lol. Also I thought you were a auto tech at a dealership, when did you become a personal trainer?

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Good your going back to college man, I hope the gnc thing work's out for you

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

If you call what gnc gonna pay you money then that's fine man lol. Also I thought you were a auto tech at a dealership, when did you become a personal trainer?
    Oh i know that GNC pays shit. But the question was, how much aggravation do you get with that shit pay? Part time hours at a place where i can score supplements and and just hangout isnt bad. Mission statements and meetings over a PART time job blows. I would still be personal training, which pays well, its just spotty hours.

I am/was a tech at auto dealers. Kinda at a crossroads with it. Putting into motion career changes now while I'm young rather then waiting. I can always go wrench somewhere later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information