Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

white
    2002 z28

GM Is On Strike!!!! Any Input

well living in detroit i seen ever site with pick it lines, but would love to hear from some of the workers on this subject for there views.

and its a NATIONWIDE STRIKE TOO

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Maybe it's time to go to the stealership and see if I can lowball my way into a new pickup.....

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

It is effecting everyone!!!!!!

I work for Performance Years, a GTO / T/A restoration supplier and very few GM parts are still available for them. This hurts us big time! Customers are now bitching at us because we didn't forsee the strike and order more parts ahead of time!

white
    2002 z28

yep at 11.00 am a couple days ago they did it. if there on strike for more then 30 days its 8 billion $ they will lose.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

*rubs hands in anticipation of getting a new Silverado at 1/2 price*
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

white
    2002 z28

imo, michigan, ....... detroit economy had dropped like 30 % of total jobs and with this action aint helping much, ive seen soo many huge plants closing in the last 2 years its sicking. like ford wixom plant that did the ford gt, and lincolns. gone,

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Maybe it's time to go to the stealership and see if I can lowball my way into a new pickup.....
    my friend just tryed to get a new colbolt and they said they would have to find one and may take 3 weeks, HAAA, but 18,000 veichicals will not be made a day in detroit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That's what GM gets for screwing around...

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

well i havent had a problem yet at my dealership. but.... i love watching my service managers feak out because they cant talk to GM. lol they are seriously stressing out. its hilarious.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    yup
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    *rubs hands in anticipation of getting a new Silverado at 1/2 price*
    there will be a demand for cars. people need new cars strike or not.
    if anything, this strike will drive up the price because dealers know that they have what you want.
    supply and demand my friend.
    overstock of cars= deals.
    understock= less deals.

white
    2002 z28

any UAW workers want to speak on this

white
    2002 z28

true but this strike really aint about that, honestly the strike will make the cars go up higher casuse the production will stop and dealers will be left to look,( caseu ALL dealers shipments have been cancelled for the time being),over 18,000 cars a day alone in detroit

this striike is somewhat about them starting more plants in mexico and china and health care. from what i heard from some people there this whole thing is about job sercurity for them to keep the plants here and production pf cars here not 3rd party to other conuntries .

honestly there isnt a win win for anyone, if GM wins car plants will move to other countries, and if workers win the strike they will have to get pay cuts and more workers might lose jobs dut to budgets

soooo

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    enlighten me...i don't read motortrend...

white
    2002 z28

honestly i dont think there screwing any one, the economy isnt what it used to be and the makert sure hell isnt the same, manufactors are basicallyt giving cars away and uaw wokrkers have just been used to that sutiation. but there comes a time where you have to give back to the company a lil to make sure you secure in the future. but hey im not a uaw worker anymore soo i cant say persialccyly.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

im beyond sick of the fucking UAW. Just when the automakers like GM and Ford come through with drastically better product they still get fucked by the goddamn autoworkers. Same with the dealers. These damn autoworkers do whatever the fuck they want and get pensions and amazing health care. Technicians get fucked getting paid warranty time on brand new cars with assinine problems because the american autoworker is a lazy, overinflated self worth jackass who doesnt care. I am currently a tech working at a hyundai dealer. we have product made in korea and here. Wanna take a guess which cars are having all the problems? stupid, stupid things too. LIke on the new santa fe, brand new design. real nice truck. For whatever reason the autoworkers in alabama decided that theres no reason to fill the vehicles up with a/c refrigerant. how they leave the plant with no a/c is beyond me. I've done no less then 20 cars at my job for pdi where the a/c didnt work at all. check the level of refrigerant and they are bone dry. I for one could care less if the production of automobiles in the United States were to go fully automated one day. You dont care about your job? You wanna bury it in the ass of the working man? Good. You jus got replaced by a robot asshole. rant over

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Michigan is losing 350,000 dollars a day from this strike. News told me so. lol.

shitty

white
    2002 z28

since i see your from MI, this is our only stabil income for the state really.... soo when this goes bad we all go badd, and i dont know what part of mi your from but MI is hurting really bad in the economy with eveyone losing jobs, and moving out of state.

anyonw with a job should be thankful, like i am

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

im beyond sick of the fucking UAW. Just when the automakers like GM and Ford come through with drastically better product they still get fucked by the goddamn autoworkers. Same with the dealers. These damn autoworkers do whatever the fuck they want and get pensions and amazing health care. Technicians get fucked getting paid warranty time on brand new cars with assinine problems because the american autoworker is a lazy, overinflated self worth jackass who doesnt care. I am currently a tech working at a hyundai dealer. we have product made in korea and here. Wanna take a guess which cars are having all the problems? stupid, stupid things too. LIke on the new santa fe, brand new design. real nice truck. For whatever reason the autoworkers in alabama decided that theres no reason to fill the vehicles up with a/c refrigerant. how they leave the plant with no a/c is beyond me. I've done no less then 20 cars at my job for pdi where the a/c didnt work at all. check the level of refrigerant and they are bone dry. I for one could care less if the production of automobiles in the United States were to go fully automated one day. You dont care about your job? You wanna bury it in the ass of the working man? Good. You jus got replaced by a robot asshole. rant over
    X2 on warranty pay. I got paid 3 tenths today to put a seat spring in a malibu because the factory forgot to put it in. it took an hour to do and got paid for 20 minutes of work.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    X2 on warranty pay. I got paid 3 tenths today to put a seat spring in a malibu because the factory forgot to put it in. it took an hour to do and got paid for 20 minutes of work.
    and then you gotta deal with customers crying bloody murder because you recommend a 30k service and front brakes that they desperately need in the mere hopes of salvaging your day and having a decent week. sometimes i think to myself, fuck this. we should all jus stop wrenching. let everyone have no more warranty and go to jiffy lube and the gas station for service on their high tech cars. then what will they do?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information