Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

GM finally fighting back???

just thought i'd share an excellent first drive writeup of the new Cruze

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/19/2...pin/#continued

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I'm pretty sure I'd take a focus instead. That car doesn't look too good at all.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd take a focus instead. That car doesn't look too good at all.
    Get off your ford kick bro, focus is some kind of ugly plus no super dee duper turbo ford available. Though I'm not sure a cobalt or cruze ss will be a better value than the v6 stang

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I'd get a Mazda3 if I was shopping that segment. From the pics, the Cruze looks head and shoulders above the Cobalt and on par with the Civic. BUT, there will be a new Civic within 2-3 years. What will matter is how good the MCE or next gen. Cruze happens to be.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Problem with hondas for me is the seats hurt my crappy back. Honda wants way to much for a pos economy car (well into the 20's, they're proud).

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Problem with hondas for me is the seats hurt my crappy back. Honda wants way to much for a pos economy car (well into the 20's, they're proud).
    THIS!!!! my step father has a couple year old honda accord. it's pretty new but not the latest. It has the leather interior and is pretty loaded and the seats feel like you are sitting on a plank of wood. WTF crack are honda engineers smoking? I sat in that car for 15 mins and my back was killing me. My mom was driving and complaining about the seats the whole way

She then went on to say how badly she wants a Honda Pilot.....

but mom..... the seats will be just as terrible....

I know but I love the way it looks and I have to have one....

/facepalm

She then went on about how AMAZING the ford Taurus she rented in florida was. How the seats were so comfortable and how they were heated and cooled and how smooth the car rode and how quiet it was etc etc.

Well mom all the new Fords are like that. You should look at an escape or edge or flex instead of the pilot.... come to think of it... i think the 2011 explorer would be right up her alley... hmmm

Her reply? But the pilot looks nicer and it's less expensive....

Sigh...... I'll never win.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Get off your ford kick bro, focus is some kind of ugly plus no super dee duper turbo ford available. Though I'm not sure a cobalt or cruze ss will be a better value than the v6 stang
    Yea, Now that I actually read the article, and looked a little harder at the pics, it actually is a step above the focus IMO.

But seriously.

Used 07-09 civic si 4 door>Cruze
    Mazda 3>Cruze
    Ford Focus<Cruze
    Cobalt<Cruze

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

The seats in my '90 Accord are comfortable.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

After 20 years of use even modern steel feeling Honda chairs will have worn down some too

Black
    2005 GTO

Yep I can't stand my gf's 09 civic, the seats are horrible can't stand driving that thing. No matter how I adjust the seat or steering wheel I never feel truly comfortable. Plus the thing is slow as shit can't even get out of its own way, but she loves it go figure.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

As long as they still hold their comfort, I don't give it shat.

After 20 years of use even modern steel feeling Honda chairs will have worn down some too

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I like what GM has started doing with the interiors. They've definitely kicked it up a notch on attention to detail when it comes to the interior.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

My friend has a 96 accord and it's seats are adequate. I went on a couple of trips with him long distance and was no worse for the wear but I wasn't so pleased that i'd start praising the virtues of honduh. I think they were going for that old school germanic firm seat type feel but kicked it up one too many notches.... I remember the seats in my Uncles 1990 5 series were on the firm side..... but still comfy FYI the 1990 wasn't the old school boxy type it was the first year of the more modern looking bimmers. I liked that car.

Personally I'd take a Cruze if it's resale lives on in the Cadavalier tradition. I think a 2011 Cruze would make and excellent replacement for my Saturn in the year 2014 or so.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Anything beats a cobalt though, so their bar isn't too hard to beat. Our bought-new '06 was horrid, everything that could break did. I could complain about ride, noise, comfort etc. but we knew it was shitty in those respects when purchased. Thank god the 4-speed death wish automatic is gone
    oh yeah about the resale lscya, 18k fully loaded '06 cobalt. Two or so years later with 30k miles, $6k
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 04-19-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

my point exactly. if the Cruze, which has no rep yet, lives on in that tradition for the first few years.... well i might see my next beater right there.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Anything beats a cobalt though, so their bar isn't too hard to beat. Our bought-new '06 was horrid, everything that could break did. I could complain about ride, noise, comfort etc. but we knew it was shitty in those respects when purchased. Thank god the 4-speed death wish automatic is gone
    oh yeah about the resale lscya, 18k fully loaded '06 cobalt. Two or so years later with 30k miles, $6k
    You drive a 72 c10 and complain about a balts ride?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

yes, it was horrendous. I have all new kayaba gas adjust drop shocks, all new bushings, balljoints, steering etc. and new mild drop coils front and rear Firmish, but controlled. Stock springs and shocks float like a caddi, these trucks were known for ride quality
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 04-19-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Engine weight is also kept down by using a composite intake manifold and a single-piece cast aluminum front cover with an integrated water pump.
    That strikes me as one of those "good" ideas that is going to make for an eventual and expensive repair.

The front end looks like the Challenger; the rest of it is unappealing. I hope to never have a sedan. Sports cars for life (For the power, looks, even the seats.)

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i've been relatively excited to see the cruze hit the streets and it sounds like gm did a TON of engineering to make this thing their best small car ever.

the new ford focus from what i just spun up on the net here...is ugly as dogshit. looks like they took the angular styling that they have been using and rounded it all off. i'm liking how gm is sticking with a design idea that has been working recently...angles. the cruze looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information