Black
    F250

Giving back to the soldiers...

I wasnt sure where to post this, so if there is a more appropriate place that it can be seen by everyone I have no problem with a mod moving it.

If anyone is interested, I know some people doing a benifit and raising money for wounded soldiers. The money is going to Wounded Warrior Project and Fisher House. Here is the cool part of how they are doing it. I know its not cars (or LS powered stuff) but, its drag racing. Now it sucks its not local to me, but the idea of it is awsome. The actual event is NADM (diesels) race in Crandall/Dallas, Texas. But people from all over the country are donating and doing what they can. You can donate straight money, or buy a shirt to help. It is a grudge match setup with teams. It started at a cripple fight between these 2 guys slow trucks (the two teams) and now have sponsors, shirts, and raffles going. Some shops have joined teams to race eachother bet money, the loser donates more cash to the cause. Very cool idea, wish I could see it myself but im definitly spreading the word. I will post the link to the forum im on where all the info is, and copy the info posts into here. Team texasmedic01 (Matt) is in a cummins, and Team Sleeper (Jeret) is in a powerstroke. Most of the other trucks are powerstrokes. I believe the shops are running their higher horsepower race setup trucks against eachother. Now, heres the info for anyone that might be interested in helping the cause.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71745

Originally Posted by texasmedic01

No Problem!

The cost of the shirts are $20 dollars each. All of this thanks to all of the generous donations from private members and the PSN Vendors will be split between the Wounded Warrior Project and Fisher House. We are planning on doing a limited number of TankTops / spagetti straps...whatever you call them, for the ladies who what to have one. I will set up a seperate list for them in a few minutes.

Here they are, but the sponsors havent been added yet...

PAYPAL: arisley@sbcglobal.net

Also I encourage all of you who have given a donation or bought a shirt to copy and use my avatar. Just please note, nothing political, sexual should be posted while using it.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, and I know Jeret feels the same way!

Originally Posted by texasmedic01

Obviously a rough draft of what the finished product will look like, but something very simular to this is what the LADY's TANK TOPS will look like!!

Complete with GRUMPY STAMP OF APPROVAL!!

Garret your suggestion was noted and accepted!

Thanks!

Last edited by RedSmokey; 09-03-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Thread Information