Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Girl beats breathalyzer with a candy?

So I've been getting paranoid over getting a DUI. I go out to the bars very often with friends, and at times I wonder if maybe I should've just stayed at a few beers and stared into space for the last hour at the bar...

At any rate, I ran into this video (possibly an ad from the makers of the product). This sound like snake oil to you?
    Last edited by myk02k; 02-21-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    So I've been getting paranoid over getting a DUI. I go out to the bars very often with friends, and at times I wonder if maybe I should've just stayed at a few beers and stared into space for the last hour at the bar...

At any rate, I ran into this video (possibly an ad from the makers of the product). This sound like snake oil to you?
    Im probably going to be the nicest answer you get but if you dont want a DUI then dont drink and drive. Stay home and drink or call a cab
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you're young so you get a free pass from me but if you only take one person's advice this week take mine. Plan better. Always have a plan to get home without drinking and driving. There are ways. Get a GF that doesn't like to drink and have her drive you if that's what it takes. Take a bus or a cab. Do whatever you have to do.
    Little fact about breath analyzers.....a cop doesn't need it to charge you with drinking and driving. You could "pass" it all day long but if a cop deems you under the influence you're getting a ticket for it and it'll be up to you and some expensive ass lawyer to prove you weren't. Best case scenario is it gets reduced to reckless op or some other lesser offence but you're still going to be out a few grand in lawyer fees and court costs.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Im probably going to be the nicest answer you get but if you dont want a DUI then dont drink and drive. Stay home and drink or call a cab
    this. can't stand 'buzzed' drivers,

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

That and being a former MP (Military Police) those girls were not using a "Police Device"

They were using a cheap piece of crap from Autozone that isnt as accurate. On top of that........she wasn't blowing very hard. Police make you blow til you pass out

EDIT: 0rion's advice is sound also! They don't need it to arrest you for it, thats why FST's are for. Field Sobriety Test!
    Last edited by blackSS01; 02-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you're young so you get a free pass from me but if you only take one person's advice this week take mine. Plan better. Always have a plan to get home without drinking and driving. There are ways. Get a GF that doesn't like to drink and have her drive you if that's what it takes. Take a bus or a cab. Do whatever you have to do.
    Little fact about breath analyzers.....a cop doesn't need it to charge you with drinking and driving. You could "pass" it all day long but if a cop deems you under the influence you're getting a ticket for it and it'll be up to you and some expensive ass lawyer to prove you weren't. Best case scenario is it gets reduced to reckless op or some other lesser offence but you're still going to be out a few grand in lawyer fees and court costs.
    This! I was going to say something very simular but in a very not nice way that would most likely get me inked. If there is one thing I cannot stand it is drunk drivers, I think you guys have had enough warnings through T.V.,Radio , ect I think it should be manditory jail time and loss of license. I am stopping now before I get aggrivated and type something really nasty.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It only works on female moose obviously.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Here is my 2cents. People are always going to find away round laws. I think this is kind of a good thing. (not good to drive drunk) but good in the sense that now a better tool will need to be devised in order to be more accurate a less fallible. Thats how progress is done. We use a product until its beaten then its back to the drawing board.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

You're not going to fool any cop. They'll get a weird reading and just make you do it at the station, if you pass the field test.

You don't want to hurt anyone while drinking and driving, that's the main issue. Besides that, it'll cost you about 8k depending your state.

As others said, just don't do it. Get a ride, call a cab, walk or sober up.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Carry a pint of Jack Daniels under your seat. If pulled over after drinking. ......allow the cop to come to the window...hand him your license and shit and down the entire pint right in front of him. He now cannot charge you with driving over the limit (DUI) he can only charge you with public intoxication. Yes it works and yes it has worked numerous times.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Or dont drink and drive.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Carry a pint of Jack Daniels under your seat. If pulled over after drinking. ......allow the cop to come to the window...hand him your license and shit and down the entire pint right in front of him. He now cannot charge you with driving over the limit (DUI) he can only charge you with public intoxication. Yes it works and yes it has worked numerous times.
    what about open container? doesn't the bottle/can/whatever have to be sealed?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    LOL, keys aren't in the ignition and it's a sealed bottle, this might work here. But I don't have the balls to try it.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    LOL, keys aren't in the ignition and it's a sealed bottle, this might work here. But I don't have the balls to try it.
    I guess i was thinking in terms of having the drink in a plastic bottle or something so you could chug it faster than in a glass one,

but in that case, he could give you another citation for driving around with a plastic bottle full of booze that has the seal on the lid broken (because you had to open the bottle to pour the liquor in it)

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post

Probably snake oil. Mythbusters did something like that to try to beat the breathalizer, and nothing worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Wow some sage advice here. It really works, eh Sarge?

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Mythbusters did something like that to try to beat the breathalizer, and nothing worked.
    if you think about it though, it would not be in the Mythbusters' interest to say it would work, they would be scrutinized greatly for putting that information on tv

just like with the moon landing conspiracy episode, with all the Nasa scientists that helped, of course they found that the arguments they decided to test were busted.(I'm not in anyway saying I believe the landing was filmed in hollywood though)

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^oh yes you are LOL. You are one of the non-believers, but make a good point about the MB show.

I've seen somewhere about others trying to beat the breathalizer, and they couldn't fool it either.

I think Sarge has the best answer.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

In our area, they start with field sobriety testing, maybe do a breathalyzer, and then transport them to the hospital for a blood draw. If a person refuses a blood draw they are still charged with DUI and get an additional one (1) year suspension of their license.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    In our area, they start with field sobriety testing, maybe do a breathalyzer, and then transport them to the hospital for a blood draw. If a person refuses a blood draw they are still charged with DUI and get an additional one (1) year suspension of their license.
    Not a good idea to refuse.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    Sealed. Unopened.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information