Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

GF thinks I am cheating on her

Sorry but I gotta rant here... just lookin for some opinions.

I been with this girl for 3 years. We have a pretty good relationship with the exception of lately. We spend alot of time togther and all that. She's even in the process of moving in. Anway This chick I dated way back in the day 7 years ago found me on myspace. (already know what your thinking!)

Anyways were just shooting the shit. She has or had a BF and were catching up through emails, talking shit or whatever. Totally innocent kinda shit, but I can see where someone could get upset if someone was talking to someone they used to date. I've had the same phone number for 10 years so she called me just to bitch about problems with her man or whatever... Just general how ya been type of bullshit. It would be the same type of thing If I just happened to run into her at the mall.... Am I supposed to run away like I can't talk to you because I have a GF....

I have not denied talking to her on the phone. I am on my GF account so she gets the bill.

So the GF thinks I am about to run out and cheat on her. Her last BF cheated on her and I know she is insecure about being cheated on. Even before this issue it seems like I was always being compared to him. She had made statements like all men are liars and cheaters etc. I have told her numerous times that pissed me off and I thought we made it past that bullshit.

What upsets me is I am a grown man, and I feel like I am playing some high school game bullshit. I feel like my balls are getting cut off, when I have not done a single thing wrong. Maybe I made the wrong decision in being a nice guy and returning emails etc, but what's wrong with that? I believe in respecting your woman and all but at the same time I feel foolish that I can't just talk to someone I went out with 7 years ago.

All I do is go to work and hang with my family. I've been avoiding going out just because I already know what type of shit I'm going to be getting accused of when I get back.

Well I could make this post alot longer and bitch about some other things involving her insecurites but I just wanted to get some opinions. Am I wrong or what?
    Last edited by knightryda01; 05-16-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Your g/f has a lot of insecurities. Best thing you can do is focus on her and make her feel like she is #1. If you continue talking with your ex, your current g/f will have a meltdown.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Tell her straight up you arent if you she doesnt like it she can blow you and if she doesnt trust you then you have worse issues

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

well realistically you arent gonna go back to the ex are you? Have ya been plutonic friends with her in this time? No from what you are saying. So I would just let her wallow in her own problems and seize torquing your gf up. There really is no good reason to talk to the ex. Does it make your life any better? No, it just made your GF bitch. Save yourself the agony and do something to make your CURRENT GF real happy and forget about the ex and leave it in the past.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    well realistically you arent gonna go back to the ex are you? Have ya been plutonic friends with her in this time? No from what you are saying. So I would just let her wallow in her own problems and seize torquing your gf up. There really is no good reason to talk to the ex. Does it make your life any better? No, it just made your GF bitch. Save yourself the agony and do something to make your CURRENT GF real happy and forget about the ex and leave it in the past.
    More or less what I was trying to say, you said it better though.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

If she thinks you are cheating.....you might as well cheat.

Sebring Silver
    00 Camaro SS/09 LS3 Vette

Jesus Christ another one of these threads?

If the Admin sold tampons on here he could retire from the sales.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Admit it you want to screw your ex....why else would you two be chatting like some school girls.

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Her mind is made up. Don't try to convince her or argue with her, just say f it let her keep thinking that way

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

well, could always meet up with the ex and her bf, take your gf with you, and let her meet them. If it really is just a matter of catching up with an old friend, they should be able to meet and get to know each other. hell, they may become friends?

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    Anyways were just shooting the shit. She has or had a BF and were catching up through emails, talking shit or whatever. Totally innocent kinda shit, but I can see where someone could get upset if someone was talking to someone they used to date. I've had the same phone number for 10 years so she called me just to bitch about problems with her man or whatever... Just general how ya been type of bullshit. It would be the same type of thing If I just happened to run into her at the mall.... Am I supposed to run away like I can't talk to you because I have a GF....
    Put the shoe on the other foot. Say you gf was talking to her ex bf. Fact is you didn't run into her at the mall she looked for you on myspace, and found you. If you have the same number for 10 years she must have kept it, or you gave it to her wanting to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    well, could always meet up with the ex and her bf, take your gf with you, and let her meet them. If it really is just a matter of catching up with an old friend, they should be able to meet and get to know each other. hell, they may become friends?
    bad idea

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    bad idea
    how? if he's not trying to get in the ex's pants, this would be a way of helping the gf's insecurities. And prove to her he has nothing to hide I would think. Long as his current is better looking than the ex

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I smell Threeway!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

oh, and

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Your g/f has a lot of insecurities. Best thing you can do is focus on her and make her feel like she is #1. If you continue talking with your ex, your current g/f will have a meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Good ideas here.

red
    1998 Tras Am ws6

there is no real good answer here. when women get something in there head its real hard to change what there thinking. not saying women r thick headed ummmmm just strong willed lol. i like what ls1jason said let them meet and put all ur cards on the table u got nothing to hide

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I smell Threeway!

As I was reading this thread I was thinking the same thing. Time for a threesome and pics to prove it happened!

Not surprised at her reaction though. Shit like that just looks bad, even if it isn't.

Subscribed!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Theres only one thing to do here and its obvious.

Go fuck that ex GF, then report back to your current GF and say.

God damnit, I hate how yours ALWAYS right.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    STOP TALKING TO YOUR EX YOU LOSER!! is your ex that important to you to make your gf who you love upset and insecure? give her MORE attention and say that if that makes her that unhappy then fuck them all because you only love her, etc.

There is NO reason good reason for somebody to talk to their ex. friends? FUCK THAT! frinds dont fuck each other or used to fuck each other and tell each other that they loved each other in "that" way! leave it in the past because IT IS past!
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 05-17-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information