Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

getting old sucks....

Kinda odd I'm posting this the same day as my b-day thread but it's pretty much unrelated. I turn 37 next week which isn't that old although I do feel old sometimes but that's probably just the kids taking their toll.

My mom is a diabetic...not the good kind either. She has major problems from it. She lost a leg last year and got a prosthetic leg near the end of last year. She just got to where she could walk around on it good and got a sore on the bottom of her good foot which isn't good if you have diabetes. Sores don't heal on the extremeties very fast or at all. She was in danger of losing her other foot which would put her in a real pickle. She's spent the last 4-5 months off and on at a hospital back in Missouri. The hospital determined her need for care wasn't "acute" enough so they transferred her to a "rehab" facility better known as a nursing home. I went home last month to check on her and she looks like total shit. She's gained 50lbs since going in and the care at the place was beyond terrible. They left her on the toilet so long once she fell asleep and then fell off the toilet and laid there until someone finally came and got her. They also dropped her numerous times moving her from the bed to her wheel chair.
    My brother and I moved her up here yesterday by ambulance for the nice sum of $3k which was actually cheap compared to some methods. She's in a skilled nursing facility here better known as another nursing home because she's at the point now to where there's no way we could give her adequate care at our homes. The goal is to get her well enough that either she can live with one of us or the best option of going back home although I seriously doubt that'll ever happen.
    As I was walking the halls of the home tonight I couldn't help but notice just how many people are in there. That home has 100 beds and there are 74 of those homes within 25 miles of where I live. That's a ton of old people that are someones parents and grandparents. I couldn't help but feel bad for them. Most are pretty sick and you can tell by looking at them they're just waiting on death. Getting old sucks. I'm thinking of taking up smoking again so I don't end up in a place like that. I'd rather die early than to live my last few years in a home.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

37 is a new 17.....in some states you are legal. Don't commit any crimes, no juvi for you.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I feel old as hell some days. I've been working a lot of 12 hour shifts lately and I throw 50lb boxes most of the day. I loaded 11 trucks and built 23 pallets last friday in 12 hours at 50 boxes a pallet. I didn't have to throw every single box but most. 50lbs times 50 boxes times 23 pallets is ~57,000 lbs of freight. It took the entire next day to recover. Due to me working late and the kids getting up early because my wife worked last weekend I was running on about 4 hours of sleep. I've never felt as old as I felt last Saturday.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Getting old is part of life and it only gets better as we age...to bad you are not there yet...give it another 10 or 15 years when your kids are grown up and made u a proud parent....then you will know what old will feel like. I will bet its a good feeling see your kids taking over their own lives after you took that role from the day they were born.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

dude, it will be a good feeling when this one stops crapping her pants.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post

Click for full size
    what a cuttie!!!

I can't wait to have one of my own.

PS: did I say cuttie?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have 2. A 4 year old boy and she's a little over a year old. I love every minute we have together. I wrestle with them every night in the floor...it's a blast because I can lay a major ass kicking on my boy and he gets back up for more. I introduced him to my little friend known as the suplex tonight.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

I have 2. A 4 year old boy and she's a little over a year old. I love every minute we have together. I wrestle with them every night in the floor...it's a blast because I can lay a major ass kicking on my boy and he gets back up for more. I introduced him to my little friend known as the suplex tonight.
    hahahaha....good stuff....wait until he kicks your ass and does a Suplex on your ass. Then you are allowed to make a post about getting old.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i feel surrounded by death. my town is dieing slowly...or quickly...whichever. seems like every other week another nursing home or assisted living center or elderly community gets built. it's getting ridiculous. city pays out tons of cash to put up these things for old people and does very little to get their kids to stay in town after their schooling is over or to entice jobs to come in.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Geeezuz..............I've HEMMORHOIDS 37 years old!

Toyota - Tacoma
    2008 - Silver Streak

Click for full size
    wait until this one goes to 1st grade - that is when you feel old.

she is cutie! - enjoy her now cuase soon she will "be her own person" and won't need you anymore,

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Nah...I wouldnt go back to 40 years old for anything. I'll take 50's and 60's any old day over that shit. Just keep healthy and you'll have a blast...and that cute lil girl will marry some big ol dumbass and drag a boatload of Grandkids over to your house one day and you'll think "man this is living"....then you get to put all them Grandkids in Big Dumbass and your Daughters car and wave Bye Bye......go back in the house and get BJ's from Mama......life is good.....

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Nah...I wouldnt go back to 40 years old for anything. I'll take 50's and 60's any old day over that shit. Just keep healthy and you'll have a blast...and that cute lil girl will marry some big ol dumbass and drag a boatload of Grandkids over to your house one day and you'll think "man this is living"....then you get to put all them Grandkids in Big Dumbass and your Daughters car and wave Bye Bye......go back in the house and get BJ's from Mama......life is good.....
    what is sarges health regimen? i was jus wondering, i vaguely remember you saying that you are a weightlifter

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup.....I still can get 300lbs up over my head from a standing lift....I walk alot...eat healthy...dont drink much....fuck like Henry the 8th.....smoke alot though....but I'm German...like roaches...you cant kill us.
    DID UPS bring you the package I sent you?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Yup.....I still can get 300lbs up over my head from a standing lift....I walk alot...eat healthy...dont drink much....fuck like Henry the 8th.....smoke alot though....but I'm German...like roaches...you cant kill us.
    yes they did, and once again thanks man. that was very generous of you.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

holy shit thats fuckin strong! lol wow. walking is really good for your heart, definitely a good idea not drinking a lot. drinkin sure feels good but its way harder on your body then people realize. smoking is a really bad idea too, but i understand how freakin hard it is to quit. i've encountered people that were addicts on hard drugs that say that its harder to quit smoking cigarettes.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    yes they did, and once again thanks man. that was very generous of you.
    Good...that stuff is great...now get over to the other string and win that free Royal Purple.....

Toyota - Tacoma
    2008 - Silver Streak

Smile

ok I'll take your word for it

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Most do.

Black
    99 SS

hell i feel old every day after work man, but i kinda do the same shit you do, i work construction every day, i just got back in school to do HVAC because ill be worn out when i hit 30 doing hard labor every day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information