Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Getting Lasik........

June 24th, I'm finally getting lasik! I've had glasses since I was 6 years old so i'm pumped to finally rid of them. 4 years ago I wasn't a candidate due to my high astigmatism, but now with the advances in the technology and my astigmatism actually getting slightly better, I'm good to go. I'm getting it done at Iowa Eye Care, a TLC affiliate, and am having the Intralase bladeless lasik procedure done. Have any of y'all had lasik? What are your experiences?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

my parents both got it done years ago. They're very happy with the results. They're now getting into their 50's though and need readers, but when they got it done like, 8 years ago they could see 20/20, and they were both totally blind. Seeing as I've gotten hit by both bad eye genes and am blind as a bat, I'll be getting it done in a few years myself.

Black on Black on Black
    2002 Camaro SS Vert

I had it done about 2 years ago. No problems after procedure. Only missed half day of work. Just had annual check up recently with no change in vision still at 20/20. Best thing I have ever done. I too will most likely need readers as I get older, but the payoff has been well worth it. Good luck with it and make sure the first thing you buy after you're done is a nice good pair of sunglasses......
    Erik

2002 Camaro SS LS1 / 1 of 147
    2004 Suburban 2500 HD 8.1L

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

My mother got that here, she had pretty horrible eye sight to and after she had the laser done she didn't need glasses anymore, altho as said above she is in her late 50's so she does need some reading glasses sometime for the paper but she had this done about 5years ago as well and she says she can see MUCH better then she used to.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Myoptic regression or w/e the hell you call it still takes place though right? I mean you're eyes still get worse over the years, so even though it takes you to 20/20 after a while it fades and you'd have to have it done again?

Still, being able to lay your head down on the couch without your glasses mashing into your head, that would be awesome!

NBM
    2001 Trans Am

I had it done in '06. I had an astigmatism too I still see 20/20. Only downfall is that at night i might get a star around some lights but the advantages completely out weigh the negitives. I was told that they would have to relasik my eyes after 1 year and so far I have not had too. GOOD LUCK you will be glad when its done!!

Black
    '02 WS6

I had it done a couple years ago and actually came out with 20/15. The only thing that sux is the only reason I got it was I was attempting to be a state trooper, they didnt want me anyway.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

good luck wit it mang

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

I had it done 3 yrs ago, one of the best decisions i've ever made. It was painless, quick, and you basically take off the goggles/shades three hours after the surgery and see perfectly with no side effects. I came out 20/15, have had absolutely zero problems since. While there is the whole regression thing, that isnt supposed to be noticeable until you get into your late 40s. I figure they will have another procedure to easily correct it by the time i get there (I'm 25).

i want to do that badly

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    i want to do that badly

But I am broke. So I will be going to get some cheap glasses here next week to make it the next 2-3 years until I can afford lasik.

Black
    2002 SS

Had it done in 1999 and it has been great.
    I use walmart 1.00 readers and they are cheap.
    Not wearing glasses is great and I hope all goes well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

But I am broke. So I will be going to get some cheap glasses here next week to make it the next 2-3 years until I can afford lasik.
    how much does it cost to do it now? it will be a couple years before i do it too.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

how much does it cost to do it now? it will be a couple years before i do it too.
    From what I have heard....
    $2500+

But that was a while back as well. Haven't wanted to price it out lately, since I know it is becoming more affordable. I don't need another bill.

From what I have heard....
    $2500+

But that was a while back as well. Haven't wanted to price it out lately, since I know it is becoming more affordable. I don't need another bill.
    ive heard you can get it done in las vegas for less than your local eye clinic.. not sure how true that is

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

ive heard you can get it done in las vegas for less than your local eye clinic.. not sure how true that is
    Sounds safe.

Sounds safe.
    like that eye surgery in minority report

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

got it back in 01 came out 20/15 had the dry eyes like a bitch for about 48 hours but next day after procedure drove myself back up for a checkup. It is well worth the money to get it done, got my done by sloane lasik in oakbrook spent 5k for the procedure but was one of the best around also one of the doctors that helped design the lasik lock system.

One thing I will say is if you are going to get it done do alot of background digging on there procedures, past cases and so on. Don't skimp on it by going to a 300 dollar doctor look for the best because if they fuck up your eyes are toast. Have heard some horror stories about some of the 299 per eye guys. Roomate back then went to had to have an addictional 6 procedure to fix the fuckups. So people check you doctor before doing the procedure.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Its costing me $3790 but it comes with a lifetime guarantee so if i ever need it done again, its free. www.lasik.com is the website for where its getting done at. The surgeon has a stellar record so I'm not at all worried. Right now, w/ glasses, I don't see 20/20. 20/30 at best. So if I can improve on that, heck, even if I stay the same, just the fact that I won' need glasses will be a life changer. I couldn't imagine what it'll be like to wake up in the morning and be able to see!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

It was H/C or Lasik, I choose the H/C's (like any real car guy would do ) But I will be doing it within a year or two
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information