Thread: Get this BS

red
    02 trans am ws6

Get this BS

So I got my exhaust done, took my car to the local dealership (p300 code). It was missing on three cylinders do to a bad coil wire. 280 to fix, I told them if it fixes the problem do it so I don't have to mess with it. I went for a ride and all seemed well exceopt for some little exhaust leaks the guy couldn't find because my car was running to bad to leave running and check, well anyways I took it back to the exhaust shop for them to fix and while it was in the air and running you could hear it sputtering. So I went back to the dealership, and today I found out that they can't fix it because of the bolt ons. Apperently the o2's are to far from the motor and the back ones are missing because I have long tubes... WTF? I have an HP tuner to edit this shit. I have ben running headers for almost a year with no problems! I also changed the crank sensor and told them that 3 days ago, they reprogrammed that today, but can't tell me if it's running better or not... They also wanna charge me another 49 bucks for doing that shouldn't they have figured it out the first time? I guess after all this venting would the crank sensor being new let the car run decently but still cause it to sputter?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Well to fix the problem the cause of the misfire has to be correctly verified. Normally the 02 sensors not switching properly wont cause a miss though. Common causes of misses are leaky, clogged or shot injectors, bad spark plugs, bad ignition coils, bad ignition wires. The crank sensor could be off a few teeth and make the engine run rough from being off time.

red
    02 trans am ws6

they found that the 8,6,4 coils were not firing and the 5 plug wire was not connected properly due to the wire clasp was seperated to far (MSD 8.5's new wires) the fixed that problem when they redid the bad wire to those coils. They said that was all that was wrong with it. It does run now but like I said alittle rough. Hopefully that crank sensor was the culprit. I will find out tomarrow when I pick it up. I have new 42# injectors but I wanna get it running correctly before I put them and the supercharger on. I guess I will see tomarrow, Thanks, bata

Thread Information