Page 1 of 193 1234521314151101151 ... LastLast

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Lightbulb GearHead Kitchen Forum

Dobe's beer can chicken
    Anybody ever try Beer Can Chicken?

# Clean the chicken by giving it a quick rinse with water, inside and out and remove any big bits of fat from the chickens cavity.
    # Dry the chicken with some kitchen paper, inside and out. You don’t need to be too thorough, just make sure there isn’t too much surface moisture.
    # Open the can of beer, and drink about 1/3rd of the can (This is my favorite part) - Make some additional holes in the top of the beer can.
    # Pour one tablespoon of dry spice rub into the beer can, let this sit to the side for now.
    # Pour a second tablespoon of dry spice rub into the chicken cavity and rub it around to coat all surfaces.
    # Using a third tablespoon of dry spice rub, evenly coat the outside of the chicken.
    # Place the chicken cavity over the beer can so that the can is inside the chicken.
    # If you are using a barbecue, place the chicken on the grill and close the grill cover. Cook for about 70-90 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is about 165 degrees in the breast area, and 180 degrees in the thigh.
    # If you are using a stove, heat to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for around 1 hour.
    # Once cooked, remove the beer can and carve the chicken.

chiller 2484's bacon and cheese stuffed pizza burger: (anyone have anymore info on this? Such as cook times and exact amounts? I know this is off the web but maybe someone has made it.

0rion's chicken breast idea's

I tell you what I like to do with chicken breasts. I do a bunch of stuff but these are a couple of my favorites.
    I'll cut them into 1"x1" cubes and put a spoon full of olive oil in a skillet. I'll add the chicken breasts and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. Then near the end I'll dose it all with terriyaki sauce and serve it over rice or noodles. I get fancy every now and then and I'll add water chestnuts ( because I love those things) and baby corns ( kids love 'em) and some nuts of some kind....usually pecans because we always have pecans in the freezer.

The other thing is I'll put olive oil in a pan and cook the breast and near the end I'll put some cooked broccoli on it and a thin slice of velvetta cheese....good stuff.

I do another one where I pound the breasts out flat, dip them in melted butter, put a .5"x.5" cube of cheddar cheese in it, and roll it in crushed cheddar crackers or dorito's. Put them in a muffin pan and bake for about an hour.

hamburger68's chicken ideas

the simple approach:

grilled chicken sandwich with green asparagus.

another favorite recipe of mine for chicken:

dice chicken breast
    fry diced fresh ginger in a little oil
    add chicken and diced fresh garlic and stir fry
    add soy sauce and honey (about half and half)
    take all from the stove and add fresh thai basil (or regular basil)
    serve with rice.

0rion's steak idea's
    sprinkle lawry's seasoned salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper ( I like to use coarse ground) on those steaks and a few minutes before you pull them off put a little dab of land 'o lakes butter on them. mmmm mmmm gooood.

McCormick has some good 30 minute marinades. They come in a packet and are usually by the seasonings and chili and stuff. Mesquite is really good but there's several that are good too.

Another one is a cup or two of olive oil and a quarter cup of montreal steak seasoning in a ziplock bag ( guessed at these measurements because I never measure. Just put some olive oil in a bag and then dump almost a palms worth of montreal and a dash of cayenne). Put the steaks down in there and waller them around in it and let them sit in the fridge overnight.....this one will blow you away. It's as good as any steak you'll ever eat. I put a shot of cayenne in mine just to give it a little kick.

0rion's "Chucks tater salad"
    I call this "Chuck's tater salad" because my buddy Chuck turned me onto it.
    a bag of red taters minus 4-5 taters. I just do a pot full.
    1lb of bacon fried and then chopped up
    1 bunch of green onions ( scallions to you city slickers)
    1 bottle of bacon ranch

Cut taters into half inch cubes and boil until done.
    Cook bacon and chop up. I do it both ways. I'll either cook it and chop it or chop it and then cook it...depends on my mood.
    Chop onions.
    Mix everything with taters after they've cooled down. I put them in the fridge for a while to cool them down.
    Save a little of the salad dressing for the next day to freshen it up. The taters will soak up a bunch of the dressing.

KahanaReef's side dish ( any more details on this one? Measurements?)
    Tonight, I just diced up some potato, tossed with EVOO, garlic, chopped green onions, salt, pepper and Italian dried herbs, a little paprika for color and wrapped in foil and threw it on the grill with the chicken and corn on the cob...

I wanted simple tonight

KahanaReef's Emeril rubs
    Here are a few of Emeril's that I have saved. I use variations of the ingredients depending what I have in the cupboards.

EMERIL’S RUSTIC RUB

8 tbsp paprika
    3 tbsp cayenne pepper
    5 tbsp freshly ground pepper
    6 tbsp garlic powder
    3 tbsp onion powder
    6 tbsp salt
    2 ½ tbsp dried oregano
    2 ½ tbsp dried thyme

EMERIL'S SOUTHWEST DRY RUB

3 tbsp chili powder
    2 tbsp paprika
    1 tbsp cayenne
    1 tbsp ground cumin
    1 tbsp ground coriander
    1 tbsp granulated garlic
    1 tbsp granulated onion
    1 tbsp kosher salt
    1 tbsp cracked black pepper

EMERIL’S ESSENCE RUB

5 tbl paprika
    2 tbl kosher or coarse sea salt
    1/4 cup garlic powder
    2 tbl ground black pepper
    2 tbl onion powder
    2 tbl 2cayenne pepper
    2 tbl crushed oregano
    2 tbl dried thyme, NOT crushed powder

EMERIL’S POULTRY RUB

1 tbsp garlic powder
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp paprika
    ½ tsp crushed red pepper
    ½ tsp poultry seasoning
    1/8 tsp thyme
    1/8 tsp ground pepper

0rion's rub making 8+3+1+1
    I just watched a good eats last night and Alton explained an easy principle behind making rubs.
    8+3+1+1
    example (and the measurements mean nothing....he used the top out of a toothpick holder or something)

8 parts brown sugar
    3 parts kosher salt
    1 part chili powder
    1 part whatever you want ( he had like 6 other things that made up the other 1 part)

pretty simple way of explaining it.

KahanaReef's tri-tip
    This morning I took a wall of fat off an untrimmed Tri Tip roast and threw it in a bag with veg oil, soy, cider vinegar, water, garlic power and Montreal Steak Seasoning. That is my favorite way to do a Tri Tip these days.

SiggyZ's chicken breasts ( can we get some measurements on these? I'd like to try this one)
    Grilled chicken breasts w/ Italian seasoned tomatoes & bell peppers.

I whipped up a baste that consists of olive oil, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. While on the grill, I brushed both sides with the baste.
    Last edited by 0rion; 01-07-2010 at 10:43 AM.

grouch0jr's mashed taters
    when i make mashed potatoes i use a 5 lb bag of yukon golds, boil em. then i fry a pound of bacon, add the bacon to the potatoes before mashin them. ill add a couple table spoons of butter and some of the bacon grease, then use a pint of sour cream instead of milk. then i start mashin. ill add 2 cups of shredded cheddar (orange) as i mash. these fuckers turn out good, but i can only make them a few times a year or ill die, hahaha.

02transamce's mashed taters
    made my "mashed potatoes" too,baked some taters,peeled them,mashed them in a big bowl,added real butter,cheddar cheese,philly cream cheese,and some wishbone ranch dressing.very very good.

cammed goat's burger thingamajig
    Heat up some hamburger patties(microwave: 4-5 mins/grill: 6-10 mins) with Adobo and top them with sliced ham, turkey, bologna, salami, pastrami with some slow roasted garlic bbq sauce.

Grilled chicken breast with either chopped onions or chopped garlic. Wrap it all in aluminum foil and grill for about 6 mins or more.

jambofla's microwaved fish
    I love the grill and it is my favorite way to cook but if you are ever in a hurry and want to eat some fresh fish filets that are great, try this.
    Season fish to taste, put thinly sliced onion, bell pepper and bacon on top of filets and pop in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
    I know.... it sounds like it wouldn't really be good but I promise you will be surprised how moist and tasty the fish comes out.
    Try it sometime.

02transamce's wings
    chicken wings...i make mine with moore's wing sauce and i live in the south so hell yeah they are fried.i like to melt half a stick of land o lakes butter in wing sauce,then when the wings are floating in the oil(they float when done cooking)i put them in a bowl with the sauce,put a lid on the bowl,and shake them bad boys.moore's is based in birmingham,so it might be only available in the southeast. their wing sauce is not extra hot,but has a amazing flavor with a little heat.www.mooresmarinade.com i highly recommend their sauces.

dobe's chicken wings
    1 can of coke
    1 cup of hot sauce
    1/2 cup of soy or dales or really you can try almost any sauce here.
    black&red crushed pepper
    You can use a pot or the best is a throw away foil pan with about a 2-3 inch lip
    pour all of the sauce's and coke in the pan and place on the grill most grills need to be on high-medium high.
    Then add the wings frozen or the legs un frozen
    then put in a teaspoon of pepper
    Cooking time takes about 1 hour
    let the wings/legs set in pan for 10 minutes. should come close to a simmer/boil never take the pan off the grill just take out the wings/legs and put them on the grill for 6-8 minutes then back in the pan for 10 minutes. Do this for about an hour until the meat falls off the bone and the sauce will become very thick

02transamce's nacho's
    going to do nachos tomorrow for the nascar race.brown up some ground beef with taco seasoning mixed in,put some tortillas on a platter covered with extra sharp shredded cheddar,put that in oven long enough to melt cheese,then put meat,jalapeno's,and sour cream on the tortillas.great nascar snack.plus i got some captain morgan to mix with my coke

dobe's grilled corn
    I'm gonna try this this weekend,

4 ears corn on the cob
    2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, softened
    2 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
    Make It

PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Pull back husks of corn, being careful to leave husks attached at bottom of each ear. Remove and discard corn silk. Rinse corn.

COMBINE margarine, mustard, garlic and Italian seasoning. Spread about 1 Tbsp. of the mustard mixture onto each ear of corn. Rewrap husks around corn.

GRILL 15 to 20 min. or until corn is tender, turning frequently to prevent husks from burning. Serve warm.

grouch0jr's chicken

chicken breast cut into strips marinating in teriyaki sauce with a splash of orange juice. put some fresh pineapple in there and cubed a small onion. not sure what to do with it yet. might grill it as is, or make kabobs.

Dobe's steak marinade:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup ketchup
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon sugar
    And pitch of rub before they go to grill, I dont think i'm gonna use this rub anymore it made them to salty IMOA

KahanaReef's steaks:
    For tonight...

Lemon pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt, course black pepper and a bit of paprika. Will splash with lemon juice just before putting on the grill.

Rib eye for hubby, A leaner NY for me

0rion's home made chicken nuggets

Seasoning Mix:
    1 TBS salt
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp white pepper
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp black pepper

mix those in a small bowl

cut up 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces

take 2 tsp of your seasoning mix and mix with chicken nuggets in a bowl

add the rest of the seasoning to 3 cups of flour

make an egg wash by beating 2 eggs and adding 1 cup of milk

coat chicken in flour mix then drop into the egg wash for a minute then back into the flour again

I use a deep fryer set on 350° and cook for 10-12 minutes or until they're brown and crispy. You could do it in just a pan of hot oil but your cook time may vary.

Remove from oil and into a pan lined with paper towels.

Melt 1 stick of butter until the bubbles turn brown and add 1/4 cup of parsley and 2 tsp of minced garlic.
    Pour over chicken and toss with a spoon.

You can dip in either marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
    mmmm mmmm good.
    Pour butter/garlic mixture over chicken and stir

**page 41**
    Last edited by 0rion; 09-03-2010 at 12:01 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I do a lot of the smaller tip cuts like that. I marinade them in a cup of olive oil and about a quarter to a half cup of montreal seasoning overnight. Start them on the outside of the grill until the olive oil melts off to keep the flame ups at bay.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I do a lot of the smaller tip cuts like that. I marinade them in a cup of olive oil and about a quarter to a half cup of montreal seasoning overnight. Start them on the outside of the grill until the olive oil melts off to keep the flame ups at bay.
    That's how I usually do it also. I put a few tablespoons of vinegar and some soy in with the olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning

98 Formula
    06 duramax

another one I've been fond of lately is sprinkling steaks with garlic powder, lawry's seasoned salt, coarse ground pepper, and paprika. That makes a pretty good steak too.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

another one I've been fond of lately is sprinkling steaks with garlic powder, lawry's seasoned salt, coarse ground pepper, and paprika. That makes a pretty good steak too.
    I could not live without garlic When I first started cooking... I used a lot of Lawry's seasoned salt though It's good on French fries and baked potatoes too

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

# Clean the chicken by giving it a quick rinse with water, inside and out and remove any big bits of fat from the chickens cavity.
    # Dry the chicken with some kitchen paper, inside and out. You don’t need to be too thorough, just make sure there isn’t too much surface moisture.
    # Open the can of beer, and drink about 1/3rd of the can (This is my favorite part) - Make some additional holes in the top of the beer can.
    # Pour one tablespoon of dry spice rub into the beer can, let this sit to the side for now.
    # Pour a second tablespoon of dry spice rub into the chicken cavity and rub it around to coat all surfaces.
    # Using a third tablespoon of dry spice rub, evenly coat the outside of the chicken.
    # Place the chicken cavity over the beer can so that the can is inside the chicken.
    # If you are using a barbecue, place the chicken on the grill and close the grill cover. Cook for about 70-90 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is about 165 degrees in the breast area, and 180 degrees in the thigh.
    # If you are using a stove, heat to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for around 1 hour.
    # Once cooked, remove the beer can and carve the chicken.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Grills for Motor Heads.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Heard of it, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Beer can chicken... Can't say as I have. But, guess I'm gonna have to now

I have a standing rack for poultry. That one looks like it was made for a can though. I've never seen one before.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Grills for Motor Heads.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Heh... Cool

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you can buy those can racks all over out here in the midwest. Try Lowe's. Believe it or not they have a pretty decent grill area as far as racks and stuff like that.

I have a pack of country ribs and 30ish chicken wings on the smoker as we speak...pictures to follow.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

you can buy those can racks all over out here in the midwest. Try Lowe's. Believe it or not they have a pretty decent grill area as far as racks and stuff like that.

I have a pack of country ribs and 30ish chicken wings on the smoker as we speak...pictures to follow.
    Thanks, I'll look there.

And, if not, there is always online

Enjoy your wings and ribs...

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Beer can chicken... Can't say as I have. But, guess I'm gonna have to now

I have a standing rack for poultry. That one looks like it was made for a can though. I've never seen one before.
    It is so juicy you flip-out, no beer taste either just moist as hell

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    It is so juicy you flip-out, no beer taste either just moist as hell
    Sounds interesting. I'll definitely try it.

I always have a ton of whole chickens in the freezer. I buy them by the 10's when they go on sale because the dogs get chicken mixed with their kibble every day.

I'll start looking for one of those racks

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    Grills for Motor Heads.

Click for full size
    That one is bad ass.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

At a carshow I saw a front end of a car being used as a grille, you just open the hood to flip the burgers lol. I don't have pics

I'll have to try this marinade you guys talk about. I have a steak, hamburger, or hotdog everyday for dinner. Or some form of meat.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

going to a bon fire this evening. I'm taking these as finger foods. I'll slice the country ribs thin so they're bite sized. I've done that a few times and it works out pretty nice.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

remember on gone in sixty seconds at the end they were grillin on a grill made out of a 69 firebird.got some 1 inch thick ribeyes from winn-dixie yesterday,gonna grill them if the freakin rain stops.co-worker once suggested that i cut some onions(yellow) into slices and put the onions directly on the char-coal when grillin,anyone ever heard of this?he said it will "make you wanna eat the coals" but i'm not sure of any benefit from this.

Page 1 of 193 1234521314151101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information