Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

gasoline in the ear !

holy moly i was working on my sons truck and gas came pouring out of the tank neck right into my face and ear.man does that hurt,hopefully no permanant damage.my wife flushed it with cannola oil and cold water.but its still killing me.another reason i need a friggin lift !!!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

kinda sounds like me well except this was welding in the middle of the winter had a hoodie on, yea well the hood ended up catching on fire and didnt realize it till my buddy was beating me down to the ground hahaha.

Never got gas in my ear, but had a hoodie on fire before... didn't even realize it til the pocket was burnt off lol

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Hot oil in your eye from the filter slipping out of your hand an splashing in the oil pan fml!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Man, you guys are idiots

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Man, you guys are idiots
    i made it 45 years without ever gettin
    (gas in my ear), .hopefully never again.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by raytx1 View Post
    Hot oil in your eye from the filter slipping out of your hand an splashing in the oil pan fml!
    Or splashin into eye, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that hurt me. Now im real carefull about it

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Haha, one time I was priming an r/c fuel line when I was maybe ten. Hobby fuel is a mixture of methanol, nitro, castor, and syntheic oil. Apparently I blew too hard and got back flow, stuff got into my eyes, nose, and of course in my mouth. That was real fun

Mystic Teal
    1998 Camaro

Slightly off topic here, but it's a good idea to wear earplugs while welding lest a wayward piece of slag make it's way into your ear. It stays hot enough long enough to burn out your eardrum and deafen that ear.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

You're going to die

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

Let me get my lighter and see if we got all that gas out.

Stay away from the guy running around with his hoody on fire or you're bound to blow up.

Seriously.....OUCH!!!!!!!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've gotten gas burned before from having gas running onto my arm from a fuel line while I was trying to get the filter started. It was on a guys buick park avenue. I was going to change the fuel filter for him so to help me out he went out that day and filled the tank up. I took the line off and some fuel poured out of the line so I started trying to get the new filter on and it just kept coming and coming. The filter was being a bitch to get on there especially with gas coming out of the line. Burned the shit out of my arm.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I've gotten gas burned before from having gas running onto my arm from a fuel line while I was trying to get the filter started. It was on a guys buick park avenue. I was going to change the fuel filter for him so to help me out he went out that day and filled the tank up. I took the line off and some fuel poured out of the line so I started trying to get the new filter on and it just kept coming and coming. The filter was being a bitch to get on there especially with gas coming out of the line. Burned the shit out of my arm.
    If gas alone burns your skin, you have really sensitive skin.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by raytx1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Or splashin into eye, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu that hurt me. Now im real carefull about it
    Been there. Had the oil start to spread over my eye and blur my vision for 10 mins.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    If gas alone burns your skin, you have really sensitive skin.
    dishpan hands. Go out and let a steady stream of gas run down your wrist on the underside of your forearm for 15-20 minutes and get back to me.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I used to soak my hands in gas all the time as a kid. Cleaning paint brushes you fill a paint can 1/3 full of gas or slightly less. And just keep working the brush with your hand till it is clean. Not to mention instead of goop or gunk, we always cleaned our hands with gas when we were little and out in the shop. It's brake cleaner that hurts like a bitch. I refer to it as the quickest way to find out if you have any cuts.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I used to soak my hands in gas all the time as a kid. Cleaning paint brushes you fill a paint can 1/3 full of gas or slightly less. And just keep working the brush with your hand till it is clean. Not to mention instead of goop or gunk, we always cleaned our hands with gas when we were little and out in the shop. It's brake cleaner that hurts like a bitch. I refer to it as the quickest way to find out if you have any cuts.

Did that too. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

98 Formula
    06 duramax

not your hands....go run it down the soft side of your forearm.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Wow op, that sucks, never have i got gas in my ear before, but i will tell you, during the summer of 09, me and my freind were messing around with his truck and he asked me to go run out to the gas station and get some fuel for it, well i brought one of those big lawnmower gas jugs, I took the nozzle out of the fuel unit thing and put it in the can, i was kind of kneeling down close to the can (for what reason i really do not know), as soon as i hit that trigger on the gas nozzle a whole bunch of gas splashed up off the bottom of the jug and into the air, some of it got into my eyes and mouth, i was not expecting that gas nozzle to have all that force behind it. It burned and tasted sooooooooo bad, i ran into the gas station and flushed my eyes for like 20 min., it helped alot, but my eyes were bloodshot red, my vision was fine fortunatley though. MAAAAAANNNN, i woke up the next morining and my eyes were hurting sooooooo bad, i had to go to the doctor, all he told me to do was just flush em out for about a week or so to make sure all the chemicals were gone, i did and it actually worked in a couple of days. Man, i tell you, gas is not something you want to play with.....dangerous stuff for sure.......

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    not your hands....go run it down the soft side of your forearm.
    Maybe your forearms have a "Soft side" but mine are built like tanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information