Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

games you played as a kid...

I lived in a very small town as a kid and this was before the internet and all that other stuff that screws kids up these days. We played a bunch of games that I wonder how many other people played as kids.
    Kick the can?
    It was like hide and go seek except you put a can in the front yard and 1 person was it. They would go find people and had to chase them down and tag them. When you got tagged you went and sit near the can and waited until everyone got caught. The twist was that if someone could run around and kick the can before being being tagged then the people caught could go hide again.
    Flash light tag.
    ( see kick the can) only played in the dark with a flashlight and you called out the persons name to capture them and clothes lines in backyards were not your friend. I almost got decapitated by one.
    Hubcap.
    This was when cars still had hubcaps. Someone would dig up a hubcap since everyone seemed to always have them laying around. We hid in the bushes near a stop sign and when someone would drive by we'd roll the hubcap up against the car and watch them get out and walk around the car trying to figure out why they had a 5th wheel. Most would keep the extra hubcap.
    Pellet gun tag.
    Pretty stupid game really but at 12 it seemed like fun at the time. You basically just hunted each other through the neighborhood and shot each other with pellet guns. There was a 2 pump maximum which no one ever followed. It's a wonder I have both eyes.
    Lost Purse.
    My personal favorite and I can't wait until my son gets old enough for me to teach him how to play. You take an old purse and tie a string to it. Put it on the edge of the road where it's visible to traffic going by. As soon as a car passes and hits their brakes to back up for it you reel the purse in and watch them spend the next 15 minutes walking up and down the road looking for it.

There's a bunch more but that's just a few games we'd play as kids. What'd you guys do to pass the time as kids?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I used to play "Hide The Weenie" with the girl down the street

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Pellet gun tag.
    Pretty stupid game really but at 12 it seemed like fun at the time. You basically just hunted each other through the neighborhood and shot each other with pellet guns. There was a 2 pump maximum which no one ever followed. It's a wonder I have both eyes.
    Played that all the time.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Street football/driveway basketball/hunting/fishing/riding horses/working

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Street Hockey, baseball, Man Hunt, Go Kart Sprints, Quad/Three Wheeler/ Dirt Bike Tag, pool, Inflatable pool toy tag, dodge ball, roller hockey, and of course we played with BB guns

We weren't allowed to stay inside when I was a kid. Our parents told us to go outside and play.

chameleon
    98 T/A

well! small town activities consist of cow pattie fights, Bull Tag was fun run up to a bull and slap him and run like hell back to an open top cattle hauler.
    then it was king of the mountain but played on top of the propane storage tank. or how about riding a radio flyer wagon down a black top road down hill and at the bottom was an old wood bridge with no sides on it, i swear that hill was 45 degree angle and the wheels on that wagon were humming. ahhhhh memories
    then i moved to the city and played doctor and mail man with the girls in the neighborhood i was the only boy in the subdivision.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Man hunt was my favorit as a kid...

NBM
    99 TA

doctor

can't beleive i'm the first to post smear the queer...

in addition to the regular football/street hockey/baseball/basketball we played a game called "blindman's bluff". the park in our nieghborhood had a huge inter-connected playscape with swings, slides, monkeybars, etc. One kid was designated as "it" and had to close his eyes and chase after the other kids on the playscape like tag. you couldn't leave the playscape and if the kid who was "it" thought they heard someone on the gravel they could yell "man on land" and that person would be it. in retrospect the game was pretty dangerous, not only because you have one kid running around with his eyes closed but because the kids that were hiding would climb on top of the little hut on top of the twirly-slide or other dangerous places.

Black
    2004 Z06

Dirt clod fights, Rock Fights, Egging Cars as they passed, Jumping out from behind a bush as a car passed to watch him slam on his brakes, running remote control cars in traffic, riding through black & mexican neighborhoods on my honda 70 yelling racial slurs, placing a brown bag of dog poo on a porch then lighting it on fire then ringing the doorbell then waiting behind a bush watching them stamp it out, calling random people in a phone book and scaring them with fake emergencies, letting dogs out of peoples yards, pee'g on cars from overpasses ... on and on and on ..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

one year we painted all the frogs in the neighborhood red. We had some left over candy apple red from a bike. Dad beat us half to death over that one. There were tons of dead red frogs everywhere. Who knew paint would kill them.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    Street Hockey, baseball, Man Hunt, Go Kart Sprints, Quad/Three Wheeler/ Dirt Bike Tag, pool, Inflatable pool toy tag, dodge ball, roller hockey, and of course we played with BB guns

We weren't allowed to stay inside when I was a kid. Our parents told us to go outside and play.
    Probably got tired of you calling them fuckballs and such by the time you were 3 you foul mouthed lil shit!
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-24-2007 at 10:09 AM.

I played hide the saussage hahah j/k how about hide and seek
    so... soccer, and some basketball, water polo too for a few years.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

we used to mess with the cops in my hometown. most of the cops all used to walk back then in my town. we'd throw eggs and shoot our dart guns at them. them being on foot had no chance in catching us kids. only one time did i almost get caught. they tracked me down to the river and of course they thought they had me..... ha ha. i just jumped in the river, swam halfway out and floated to the next town. hung out at some friends till i dried up cause i figured they would be looking for some wet kid. i was a mean little cuss at only 8 years of age.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Probably got tired of you calling them fuckballs and such by the time you were 3 you foul mouthed lil shit!
    Actually, I was a very very quiet kid. Parents NEVER knew when I was misbehaving

But I was cursing in Italian by 2 1/2 and new how to flip the bird. I've been told I used to like saying Fung Ghoul (sp?)

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    Actually, I was a very very quiet kid. Parents NEVER knew when I was misbehaving

But I was cursing in Italian by 2 1/2 and new how to flip the bird. I've been told I used to like saying Fung Ghoul (sp?)
    My Grandson told his teacher "Blow Me" after spening a few weeks with me last summer. He was 2 1/2....I got hollered at

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    My Grandson told his teacher "Blow Me" after spening a few weeks with me last summer. He was 2 1/2....I got hollered at
    I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've been hollered at over things I've taught my son. Usually it isn't intentional but it seems they always like the words they ain't 'posed to say the most. I think Poontang was my latest entry into his vocabulary. I didn't even know he was in the room and was talking about my nephew who is 18. My wife asked if he was coming out for dinner and I said " Naw, he's busy out hunting poontang." My boy said poontang for about 3 days then I guess he either forgot it or caught on that I was getting in trouble everytime he said it.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Growing up me and my two brothers played this game we made up all day long during the summer. One football, one heavy duty Schwinn bicycle, three knuckleheads. One of us would be on opposite side of the street and one on the bike. The object of the game was to ride your bike as fast as possible between the tar strips that divided the concrete sections without being hit by the football. You could fake out the person on the bike by throwing to person on the other side of the street etc. If we couldn't find the football we used the basketball.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

hornet ball.

me and several other idiots from the neighborhood would knock hornets nests down off of fences or eaves, with sticks, our hands, rocks, etc.

the loser would be the last one to throw it at the other kids.

but thats a game you really cant win.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    hornet ball.

but thats a game you really cant win.
    understatement.

We used to clear my uncles tractor shed of waspers by throwing tin cans of diesel fuel on their nests. Got owned more than once. Hornets are way more aggressive. I'm figuring you guys got your ass' handed to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information