Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Galarraga ROBBED of a perfect game!!! ROBBED!!!

Don't know who here are baseball fans, but its my favorite sport. To play and watch.

Galarraga was robbed of his perfect game by umpire Jim Joyce. I was literally screaming at my television, to be a fly on the wall watching me would have been funny

Read about it here -
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...a-perfect-game

Watch the WORST CALL IN BASEBALL HISTORY HERE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmCNNxRg_Og[/ame]

I still cant get over it. Jackson with the completely unbelievable catch in center field to keep the perfect game alive, followed by this.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Complete shame, if ever there was a time for an asterisk, this is it. People make mistakes, but what an awful time to blow a call. Joyce did apologize to Galaraga and the Tigers, but a terrible situation for sure. Be on the lookout for instant replay in baseball now.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

WOW what a terrible call. He had a perfect view of the bag so no excuse in my opinion.

"I missed it, I missed it," Joyce barked, his voice at the extreme end of anguished.
    "I took a perfect game from that kid who pitched a perfect game.
    "It was the biggest call of my career and I kicked the (stuff) out of it.
    "I'm sorry. I had a great angle and I missed the call."

But at least from the article it seems like he is truly upset and sry.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I doubt instant replay will make it still. There are just too many 'close' calls in baseball. When do you use it? When don't you? It could get real stupid and slow down a already relatively slow game(to most people ) I do agree to a point no doubt, but there would have to be some serious guidelines and rules to the use of the replay review.

Galarraga's interview was the best. That is one of the nicest people on the earth. I cant believe it, he didn't show any signs on anger. Really shows his character. I just wish this didnt happen to my team, if it was any other team, I wouldnt be nearly upset about it

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I doubt instant replay will make it still. There are just too many 'close' calls in baseball. When do you use it? When don't you? It could get real stupid and slow down a already relatively slow game(to most people ) I do agree to a point no doubt, but there would have to be some serious guidelines and rules to the use of the replay review.

Galarraga's interview was the best. That is one of the nicest people on the earth. I cant believe it, he didn't show any signs on anger. Really shows his character. I just wish this didnt happen to my team, if it was any other team, I wouldnt be nearly upset about it
    Would have been the 3rd perfect game this season. Last season to have 2 perfect games was 1880, not 1980, 1880. 3 in one season is unreal.

Kind of funny how pitching is back to dominating the sport now that all the enhancements have gotten back under control.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Kind of funny how pitching is back to dominating the sport now that all the enhancements have gotten back under control.
    The way it should be!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I doubt instant replay will make it still. There are just too many 'close' calls in baseball. When do you use it? When don't you? It could get real stupid and slow down a already relatively slow game(to most people )
    Whent to the ACC championship game Sunday it started at 1 and didnt end till after 5. Unfortunately NCStates catcher was knocked out so that delayed the game about 30 mins but still 4 hrs is along time to sit for one game.

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

wow sucks

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

I love baseball. That call was a crime. MLB should look into it and do the right thing and change the call and correct this historical effort. Especially given the situation with 2 outs in the top of the 9th.

Note: Jim Joyce knows he F'd up. He's quoted as saying "Most important call of my career and I kicked the shit out of it. I cost that kid a perfect game." Props to him for owning up. He also went to personally apologize to Galarraga. Galarrage gave him a hug.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 06-02-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Shit happens unfor! Its a sport and people get paid much more money then the normal guy/gal get paid to have fun! I stopped watching sports when I realized the rip off it is To OP, that was a bullshit call and should not have went that way but I will never in my life feel bad for any of the "Douche Bags" that play pro sports! You want to be a "MAN" or such, then join the military or be productive in society besides throwing a ball! I gave up sports long ago, and will never watch a so called "SPORT" again in my life time unless it comes onto this site While I know I'm not productive to this conversation, I am just stating my opinion! I probably shouldn't post this due to my harsh nature/attitude but I felt like sharing. OP, don't take this as a personal attack
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Shit happens unfor! Its a sport and people get paid much more money then the normal guy/gal get paid to have fun! I stopped watching sports when I realized the rip off it is To OP, that was a bullshit call and should not have went that way but I will never in my life feel bad for any of the "Douche Bags" that play pro sports! You want to be a "MAN" or such, then join the military or be productive in society besides throwing a ball! I gave up sports long ago, and will never watch a so called "SPORT" again in my life time unless it comes onto this site While I know I'm not productive to this conversation, I am just stating my opinion! I probably shouldn't post this due to my harsh nature/attitude but I felt like sharing. OP, don't take this as a personal attack
    i take this as a personal attack. i LOVE baseball, my father LOVED baseball. the people who play pro ARE productive!!! they give a lot of people something to ENJOY, CHEER for and have passion about!!!

it was a bullshit call but the guy made a mistake. i am not for replay in baseball even with mistakes like this. it has been around for a loooong time and i think it is important to keep it the way it is. it's a great game and no need to change. this kid pitched a great game and NOTHING will EVER take that away from him.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Ya, that was total BS. In my mind, the guy threw the only 28-out Perfect Game in mlb history.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Would have been the 3rd perfect game this season. Last season to have 2 perfect games was 1880, not 1980, 1880. 3 in one season is unreal.

Pitching is dominating except for when they are up against a guy named Albert Pujols

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

galarraga had a lot of class the way he dealt with it and joyce did too for apologizing to everyone. he says he didnt doubt the call but he had an idea that he made a mistake to begin with. its a shame what happened. i hope they overturn the call but i dont think they will just because they dont want to make it look like they dont support the umpires. in this case, knowing all the things that have plagued baseball the past few years, it would be good to make it right.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Pitching is dominating except for when they are up against a guy named Albert Pujols
    Ill take Cabrera (.351 ) over Pujols (.318) anyday.

White
    '10 ZR1

Ill take Cabrera (.351 ) over Pujols (.318) anyday.
    Maybe for this year, and the first 50 (or so) games.........but in that regard, I guess I'll take Morneau over the both of them, not to mention Morneau is better defensively than the both of them. Check out his stats:

.372 batting avg.
    .484 OB%
    .683 slg %

If you want to talk about the last 10 years, anyone would be a fool not to take Pujols. Morneau or Cabrera won't ever put up 'Pujols'-like numbers.
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 06-03-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

If you want to talk about the last 10 years, anyone would be a fool not to take Pujols. Morneau or Cabrera won't ever put up 'Pujols'-like numbers.[/QUOTE]

this

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I've just heard the commissioner has decided not to reverse the call.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i was watching this live at work last night well listening to it. since i'm a huge tribe fan. then when he got to the 9th i went to the tv. and i was hoping he was going to get the perfect game i was rooting for him. but man what a bad call. if ever, i thought after that, today would be the day the announced the instant replay. i love the game it self but i just want the "right" call made weather it hurts or helps my team.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Video isn't available..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information