Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the future of the cards and vikings.....

Tired of shitting up the colt/saints thread so it's time for a different thread to argue in.
    Was thinking about this earlier this morning. Looks like Warner is definitely going to retire and the Favre saga never ends although my feeling is that he will retire. He looked pretty damn tired last week even before the game. After the game he looked like a train wreck but he's a tough old dude so physically I think he can still do it....just a matter of if he wants too. I'm hoping he sticks around. Let's just say that he does retire though for the sake of argument.
    What kinda teams do you think they'll have? Looks like the cards will probably stick with Leinart unless they can pick up a vet somewhere. I think their future is probably with Leinart....I thought he was going to be a decent QB and I'm sure riding the bench behind Warner can only do good things for him...excellence breeds excellence kinda deal. The Vikings on the other hand have TJ who I never really thought much of. Their best bet is to probably go after Vick.....I don't think McNabb is going anywhere and even if he did I'm not a fan of McNabb's and feel that they'd just be getting an average QB at best out of him with only a few more playing years left.
    Both teams look like they could possibly take a huge hit next year in the QB position.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Tired of shitting up the colt/saints thread so it's time for a different thread to argue in.
    Was thinking about this earlier this morning. Looks like Warner is definitely going to retire and the Favre saga never ends although my feeling is that he will retire. He looked pretty damn tired last week even before the game. After the game he looked like a train wreck but he's a tough old dude so physically I think he can still do it....just a matter of if he wants too. I'm hoping he sticks around. Let's just say that he does retire though for the sake of argument.
    What kinda teams do you think they'll have? Looks like the cards will probably stick with Leinart unless they can pick up a vet somewhere. I think their future is probably with Leinart....I thought he was going to be a decent QB and I'm sure riding the bench behind Warner can only do good things for him...excellence breeds excellence kinda deal. The Vikings on the other hand have TJ who I never really thought much of. Their best bet is to probably go after Vick.....I don't think McNabb is going anywhere and even if he did I'm not a fan of McNabb's and feel that they'd just be getting an average QB at best out of him with only a few more playing years left.
    Both teams look like they could possibly take a huge hit next year in the QB position.
    Warner's making his announcement today, right?

Regardless if Favre retires, or not, the Vikes need to draft a QB - or, as you said, go after someone like Vick.......TJ should be released. I'm unsure of what's going to happen with Rosenfels.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

I am 100% convinced that Favre will retire. I am still undecided if he will or will not play next year though.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

who are the hot NFC teams next year? The Saints have another year in them. I saw their schedule and they have a favorable schedule next year. My sleeper pick is going to be Carolina if they ditch Delhomme and stick with the new kid. Dallas might have a chance again but I still say they're missing something crucial there coaching wise. I don't and have never liked Wade Phillips.
    AFC will be the usual suspects...colts,chargers,pats,steelers but I'd like to say now that Cleveland is going to surprise some teams next year. I don't like the clowns and I don't think they'll be going to the superbowl or even the playoffs for that matter but I see them beating some teams next year.

White
    I'm biased, but I think the Packers may have a good year next year. They started to really adapt and perform well with the 3-4 defense (except for the Arizona game).

I think they need some sort of dynamic slot receiver/RB (a Percy Harvin type) and maybe a new CB for defense. Also the O line needs some help.

I agree that Carolina will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by woodshed View Post
    I'm biased, but I think the Packers may have a good year next year. They started to really adapt and perform well with the 3-4 defense (except for the Arizona game).

I think they need some sort of dynamic slot receiver/RB (a Percy Harvin type) and maybe a new CB for defense. Also the O line needs some help.

my bad....I forgot about those guys. I agree they're going to be a pretty good team.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    I am 100% convinced that Favre will retire. I am still undecided if he will or will not play next year though.
    Post of the year in regards to NFL

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    who are the hot NFC teams next year? The Saints have another year in them. I saw their schedule and they have a favorable schedule next year. My sleeper pick is going to be Carolina if they ditch Delhomme and stick with the new kid. Dallas might have a chance again but I still say they're missing something crucial there coaching wise. I don't and have never liked Wade Phillips.
    AFC will be the usual suspects...colts,chargers,pats,steelers but I'd like to say now that Cleveland is going to surprise some teams next year. I don't like the clowns and I don't think they'll be going to the superbowl or even the playoffs for that matter but I see them beating some teams next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodshed View Post

99% certain Warner is retiring, handing Leinart the keys to the car means Arizona is not a playoff team anymore.

If Favre does not play next season(notice I didn't use the word retirement ) the Vikings most likely are not a contender.

Dallas should be a front runner, they are missing a few pieces of the puzzle offensively though. I am still not convinced Romo can win a big game either. Not sold on Garrett as the OC either.

NYG should be back in the mix.

Carolina will be a force, especially if they can find a QB/passing game.

I expect to see Atlanta back in the mix if Ryan gets past his sophomore slump season.

And someone I have not seen mentioned yet, Green Bay could be a major force next year.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Most of the AFC better be concerned with the Jets next season.

I heard Favre is do to make 22 million... I think he'll be back for one more, who wants to end their career on a pick when they should have won the game. But there will be drama for sure. I thought the packers were going to go further in the playoffs, but I think they will be the team from the nfc next year. If New Orleans wins the super bowl, I don't see them going back, but if they lose I'd say its between them and the pack. However next year there is no cap... I can see teams like the skins and cowboys spending big bucks and make a run at it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I will say I don't see the Houston Texans making the first playoff appearance next season either

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    If New Orleans wins the super bowl, I don't see them going back, but if they lose I'd say its between them and the pack.
    Just curious as to why you think this? Wouldn’t the experience of winning the big one prove to be an asset next season actually helping their chances of getting back? (especially considering that I’d expect the #1 offense two years in a row to remain nearly unchanged and the defense to improve even more this off season)

White
    '10 ZR1

NFC - I think Dallas, Carolina, and Green Bay will be tough -

It took half the season for Green Bay to get the O line and their new defense figured out, but when they did, they were really tough - minus giving up 51 to Arizona.

It's hard to say what the Saints will or won't do next year. They could end up just like the Steelers this year and not make the playoffs. I guess we will see.

The Vikings future hinges on what Favre does - they'll be right back in the middle of things with him, I doubt many will disagree with that.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    I heard Favre is do to make 22 million... I think he'll be back for one more, who wants to end their career on a pick when they should have won the game. But there will be drama for sure. I thought the packers were going to go further in the playoffs, but I think they will be the team from the nfc next year. If New Orleans wins the super bowl, I don't see them going back, but if they lose I'd say its between them and the pack. However next year there is no cap... I can see teams like the skins and cowboys spending big bucks and make a run at it.
    I thought it was 12 million this year, and 13 next year? Not sure, but that could've changed I guess.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Just curious as to why you think this? Wouldn’t the experience of winning the big one prove to be an asset next season actually helping their chances of getting back? (especially considering that I’d expect the #1 offense two years in a row to remain nearly unchanged and the defense to improve even more this off season)
    Its very very difficult to have repeat championships anymore. You can thank free agency for that. Pittsburgh, last years winner didn't even make the playoffs this year. Champions tend to lose their edge a little and they get everyones best game. Its just hard to repeat in the NFL now days. Unless my memory is failing me at the moment, its been quite some time since there has been a repeat SB winner. Even when the Patriots were the dominant team of the early decade, I don't think they managed to win back to back Super Bowls, they won them over a few years time period. Getting to the top of the mountain is hard, staying there is MUCH harder.

How many teams have you saw win the superbowl and go back and win it again? I'm a steelers fan and they brought back the same team basically and sucked it up after the last two. Superbowl hangover... its not just the steelers. I think after you play a long season, win it, your just not as hungry the next year. You would think a team would win it and be there the next year, but rarely does that happen.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its very very difficult to have repeat championships anymore. You can thank free agency for that. Pittsburgh, last years winner didn't even make the playoffs this year. Champions tend to lose their edge a little and they get everyones best game. Its just hard to repeat in the NFL now days. Unless my memory is failing me at the moment, its been quite some time since there has been a repeat SB winner. Even when the Patriots were the dominant team of the early decade, I don't think they managed to win back to back Super Bowls, they won them over a few years time period. Getting to the top of the mountain is hard, staying there is MUCH harder.
    I think Denver was the last team to do it. Late 90's. '97-'98 & '98-'99 seasons?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Most of the AFC better be concerned with the Jets next season.
    yep.... I agree with that. The Jets are going to be plain nasty in the very near future.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    NFC - I think Dallas, Carolina, and Green Bay will be tough -

It took half the season for Green Bay to get the O line and their new defense figured out, but when they did, they were really tough - minus giving up 51 to Arizona.

It's hard to say what the Saints will or won't do next year. They could end up just like the Steelers this year and not make the playoffs. I guess we will see.

The Vikings future hinges on what Favre does - they'll be right back in the middle of things with him, I doubt many will disagree with that.
    Maybe this year will show the Vikings owners that if they get them a TRULY good QB the Vikings can be in the hunt next year too..

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Maybe this year will show the Vikings owners that if they get them a TRULY good QB the Vikings can be in the hunt next year too..
    I don't think there are any QB's in the draft that have 1/3 of Farves talent. You have to develop a QB and build an offense around his skills. Farve goes, Vikings will not be in playoffs for a couple of seasons.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I don't think there are any QB's in the draft that have 1/3 of Farves talent. You have to develop a QB and build an offense around his skills. Farve goes, Vikings will not be in playoffs for a couple of seasons.
    You might think that .. but look at how rookie QBs have been doing last few years .. Someone could surprise us all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information