Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Furious With Dealer

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but i figure since its the place i take my ss camaro for work to be done on it its the place to put it.
    So here's the story. My cousin has a slightly modified Mazdaspeed protege, i use the term slightly lightly because it keeps up with my car and depending on how i shift or he shifts sometimes he comes out on top :-(... but we take it to the dealership KB Autos because there was a seal that needed to be replaced. Well they fix it and on the way home we are on the highway and boom the hood flies up and smashes into the window. Dave my cousin doesnt slam on the breaks cause that would be stupid... he throws on the hazards and we pull off to the side. well we loook at the hood latch to see if it was broken. its not so the dealer forgot to close the hood and now the window the hood the hood mounts and the roof of his prized possetion are now completelly ruined... So if any of you use KB autos in MD... STAY AWAY

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

A sts buy me didn't put the lug nuts on all the way on my freinds 442 she got to watch as her right rear tire went past her as the right rear dropped

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    A sts buy me didn't put the lug nuts on all the way on my freinds 442 she got to watch as her right rear tire went past her as the right rear dropped
    That sucks if it was me or my cousin that did it i wouldnt be as mad id just fork up the money but what the hell dealerships should put that on a checklist... Hood closed (check)

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Yeah all 4 wheels lugs tight and torqued check

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Word of Advice, "always second guess other peoples work!!"
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Word of Advice, "always second guess other peoples work!!"
    yeah ill be sure to remember that next time

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Thye dealer is responsable right

I believe that in Canada the dealer is responsable for these kinds of mistake so they should fix everything up but it is never the same as original. It's like your women that slept with someone else and you know about it arggg not good
    Last edited by Durango; 01-11-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    I believe that is Canada the dealer is responsable for these kinds of mistake so they should fix everything up but it is never the same as original. It's like your women that slept with someone else and you know about it arggg not good
    hahahaha exactlly we are going to take this to court and try to get some money out of them we got some cuts from the window smashing inwards

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not to be an ass, but this is why in drivers ed they always teach you to walk all around your car each and every time before getting in to drive it.

Also, not to be an ass again, but this has absolutely nothing to do with a Camaro, so I am moving it to AAG.

It does suck but unfortunately you will have a very difficult time proving anything if you decide on taking them to court. Its a case of he said-she said.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

When was this? Got a funny feeling I might know the person

Black
    2002 Z28

the toyota dealership forgot to put oil in my dads truck once and they replaced the whole engine for free hahah

Gray/ White

The dealer will fix it without paying a lawyer more than likely if you had driven back when it happened

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

How do you not notice a hood is popped? Do the body panels on mazdas line up that poorly to start with? Seriously, I can tell when my ta has the hood popped while sitting in it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    The dealer will fix it without paying a lawyer more than likely if you had driven back when it happened
    Yep, otherwise, all they got to do is state this, can you prove we were the last ones to open the hood before all this happened.

Gray/ White

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Yep, otherwise, all they got to do is state this, can you prove we were the last ones to open the hood before all this happened.
    Its far more in his favor than you might realize

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Which is exactly why I dont recommend ever taking a car to tire stores. They hire people that dont have a clue what they are doing right off the street cause they pay them low. NOT ALL OF THEM are like that of course, but imo its not worth the risk.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Go to the dealer pissed off and tell them right away. MOST dealers dont want the aggravation of a court case and will pay for the damages. I'm a dealer tech and have seen similar scenarios. You name it, it happens. People fuck up, situations get handled.

White
    '10 ZR1

Weird - we were driving down the highway the other day to go out to some bars when we passed a little Grand Am with the hood popped up and on the safety latch. I told my buddy to flag them down so we could tell them, but he didn't want to...............soooo, we ended up taking the first exit in to town, and the Grand Am pulls up next to us, so I rolled down my window and asked them to do the same........I asked them (two 16 yr old girls) if they knew their hood was popped, and of course they were oblivious.......so, I got out and did my good Samaritan deed for that day and closed the hood for her.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This is WHY I go over my work 2-3 times. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus, if I ever pulled something like that, my work record would be shot and I would be unemployed for a very long time.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Which is exactly why I dont recommend ever taking a car to tire stores. They hire people that dont have a clue what they are doing right off the street cause they pay them low. NOT ALL OF THEM are like that of course, but imo its not worth the risk.
    Do you mean for maintenance on the car? If you mean stay away period where do you suggest for tire mounting and balancing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information