Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Funny ricers get cars crushed

Read all if u like ......but skip down to the 350hp for the funny stuff
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

RIALTO, Calif. - Charles Hoang winced when the whoosh went out of the tires. Daniel Maldonado took pictures with a digital camera as glass exploded and rained down to the ground.
    The cars the teens had so meticulously souped up and tricked out were crushed Wednesday as part of a crackdown on illegal street racing in Southern California.
    "That's my heart, my dream," said Hoang, 18, of Chino, who was surrounded by friends as his 1998 Acura Integra was put into a compactor. "That's my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can't crush my memories."

Authorities destroyed six vehicles Wednesday at an auto graveyard, hoping would-be racers think again after looking at the mashed machines. Illegal street racing is responsible for or suspected in 13 deaths in Southern California since March.
    The thrill-seeking, adrenaline-pumping activity is rampant in Riverside and San Bernardino counties east of Los Angeles where rows of tract homes line wide streets that attract racers.
    Nearly 1,000 people — drivers and spectators — have been arrested for investigation of street racing activities over the past two years in San Bernardino County alone. Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed.
    Police said they have managed to reduce illegal racing and related fatal collisions, but know the underground hobby still thrives.
    "We are making a dent," said Ontario police Cpl. Jeff Higbee. "But it's summertime and ... we expect to see more activity."
    350-horsepower engine
    Hoang said he was caught late last year racing his prized car, on which he spent at least $10,000 to get into top shape. The 350-horsepower engine topped out at 160 mph, Hoang said, swearing it could beat a Corvette or even a Ferrari.
    When police popped open the hood, Hoang said, they found a stolen transmission. Hoang flashed a receipt for the transmission he bought from his father who runs an auto shop and doubted the item was hot.
    "Everything on that car was practically brand new," Hoang said as he watched his car get moved to auto death row. "They should take out the stuff that matters, auction it off, and give the money to charity."
    Because racers put heavy stress on their vehicles, they often burn out or blow up parts. Higbee said the need for the expensive parts has created a "theft mill" where additional cars — usually Hondas or Acuras — are stolen and stripped of the necessary replacements.
    Most of the cars police examine are illegally modified. Sergio Zavala, 18, was pulled over in his 1993 yellow Honda Civic for a broken tail light in December. He had purchased a B-20 Vtech engine with a double-overhead cam a couple months before, and after a police investigation, was told it was stolen.
    Zavala, who admits he has been involved in street racing, estimates he and his mother spent about $10,000 on improvements to his car.
    'Where all my time and money went'
    After watching his Civic demolished, Zavala is left without a car as he plans to attend a fire academy in the fall.
    "It's heartbreaking to see this," said Zavala, who graduated from high school last year. "This is where all my time and money went."
    Maldonado also said he put plenty of time and effort working on his 1992 black Honda Civic. He was stopped in November by police in what Higbee described as an area where racers gather.
    The 18-year-old mechanic said a vehicle identification sticker apparently fell off and without it, police suspected some of the parts were stolen. Maldonado stood several feet away from his car as it was pounded into a heap of metal.
    Maldonado said he has taken the advice of police by racing legally on one of several race courses around Southern California. For the money spent in fines and other penalties — on average about $5,000 for illegally modified cars — Higbee said street racers could compete about 250 times a year at a legitimate track.
    "If you have to race, take it to a legal venue," Higbee said. "But as long as they keep racing illegally, we keep crushing their cars."
    All three men who saw their vehicles destroyed said they believe illegal street racing will continue to prosper across the region.
    "It will never go away," Maldonado said. "If it's in your heart, you will continue to do it until you can't anymore."

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i can't help but agree with the rice who said the part that matter shoudl be auctioned and the money give to charities.... the authorities are dip shits for not doing so... they could also auction off the cars and eventually open a race track that is run in a mannor and fashion that helps keep this off the streets or donates much of it's income to charities...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

repost

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

350..and beats corvettes..yea good ricer answer

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post

ya and spent $10,000 to get 350hp lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
    ya and spent $10,000 to get 350hp lol
    i'd love it if the editors had balls and put some smart ass remark like instead of buying american muscle and getting 500+ for 10000 oh well

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i'd love it if the editors had balls and put some smart ass remark like instead of buying american muscle and getting 500+ for 10000 oh well

lol....put 10k in a LS1 WOW

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

I agree with the previous poster who mentioned opening up more race tracks here. In San Diego, there are two tracks (if you want to call them that). They are both 1/8th mile strips, one is about 30 miles East of town. The other is at Qualcomm Stadium - basically a parking lot with a tree. Track prep sucks. It takes several hours to get through the gates and is not worth the time.

I guarantee if they put in a couple tracks here, the street racing would decline.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I like how the headline is Hot rods and they are all ricers! it should have read stupid ricer kids loose slow a** cars thre world is a little better.

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

so ur tellin me that after all that money dumped in and then they get jacked in 5 grand for fines they still get there cars crushed? isnt this unconstitutional? i think i would be gettin a real good lawyer. ricer or not whoever it is whatever it is u pay the price for goofin off bein stupid u get fines and car impounded now they have it where to add to all that shit they can crush cars? that aint fukn right and there technically should be a law against the cops for that. it violates rights. one more thing to show that cops r above the law in most cases. i hate most cops and law officials. that dont include jad and burn luv u guys u guys r cool as shit. dont get me wrong u do somthing wrong pay the consequences but crushing a fukin car is unconstitutional ecspecially after all the fines and the other consequences. one more thing for this government to suck our money away. where is this justified???????????
    Last edited by slim420832002; 07-24-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

It can... very easily depending on how that car is setup. a 350whp integra with suspension and tires to prevent wheel hop would be deadly at the track. talking low 12s high 11s..

I am not saying I like ricers but 350hp is quite a bit for those guys and has the potential to embarras us on the street.

on a side note my roommate raced an Evo over the weekend that CLAIMED to have 10k into it and it couldnt keep up so who knows with those guys. 10k seems to be the magic amount to build a race car, i am glad I can 1 up them and say I have 11 invested if you count 2 transmission

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    It can... very easily depending on how that car is setup. a 350whp integra with suspension and tires to prevent wheel hop would be deadly at the track. talking low 12s high 11s..

I am not saying I like ricers but 350hp is quite a bit for those guys and has the potential to embarras us on the street.

on a side note my roommate raced an Evo over the weekend that CLAIMED to have 10k into it and it couldnt keep up so who knows with those guys. 10k seems to be the magic amount to build a race car, i am glad I can 1 up them and say I have 11 invested if you count 2 transmission
    well u can do a large turbo setup w/ intercooler and get 350hp drop in the 11's with a ricer and still cost to setup would be under 10k. 400-500hp and u can get those little things in 10's and spend around another 5-10k to get there. u can achieve to 400hp with those things or less for under 10k after that it starts becomin really expensive to pull more power out of them. almost was gonna do a civic hatch with a turbo k20a2 which is a rsx motor stock 200hp. for everything i wanted to do setup with car and no worries bout hurtin anything was around 15k. but then i decided if i want to be faster and it to still be street legal i need v8 power. a street legal honda is maybe gonna run 11's at a strip with great suspension and motor

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

with a ricer though its all about the stiffest motor and tranny mount you can buy, strongest clutch you can get and a rock hard suspension. it will be annoying and ride like absolute shit but that is the only way to control the wheel hop.

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

with a ricer though its all about the stiffest motor and tranny mount you can buy, strongest clutch you can get and a rock hard suspension. it will be annoying and ride like absolute shit but that is the only way to control the wheel hop.
    no doubt just like the old sayin goes there is no replacement for displacement

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by slim420832002 View Post
    no doubt just like the old sayin goes there is no replacement for displacement
    nope, not at all... if ford could figure that out they could build a decent car to run with us

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

nope, not at all... if ford could figure that out they could build a decent car to run with us
    r u talkin bout there rustang that has as much power from the factory as a v6maro

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

hey now be gentle.. they did "upgrade" to Over head cams to make more power :cough:ricers:cough:

oh sorry i have a bit of a cold

Thread Information