Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

fun lil economy cars....

So im looking into buyin just a lil gas sipper to drive around, not worry about miles being put on, that could possibly be on the sportier side, all wheel drive or front wheel drive would be preferable as winters up here arent so friendly, i have the silverado for when shit really hits the fan, but im just looking for some ideas?

red
    95 Z28

Well, none of the true economy cars are going to be incredibly fun. A cruze eco with the 6 speed is a great little car, cheap, and most people can relatively easily average 40mpg. I've driven several cruzes, and they're at least somewhat amusing to drive for what they are. The TDI jettas are also decent cars, and with the 6 speed can be mildly amusing to drive while achieving great mileage in the process. And the nice thing about the turbocharged fuel misers are that you can turn the wick up if you ever want (tunes and other performance parts are available for both of the cars I lised above). If you wanted a used car, maybe a 2008-2010 turbocharged cobalt ss. 260hp to start, and lots of room to grow. 110mph+ traps can be had with bolt ons, or with the GM stage one tune you can go to 290hp I believe it is and still retain the full warranty. Guys with the stage 1 tune still seem to pull 30mpg or thereabouts.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yea im looking like 2000 year type cars, say 10k or underish, manual pref

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I have heard that the Scion XB is fun to drive with the manual. I don't know what the gas mileage would be. Hard to beat the old hondas. They got really good gas mileage, and were fun to drive. At least if you have a beast waiting in the garage when you want to really run. If I got a DD, it would be a little 2 door 2 wheel drive toyota. All beat up, cheap ass stereo, don't care where you park it. Hell, locking it would be optional. And, we don't need 4 wheel drive for most of the trails here in the desert.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

the older Evo's have caught my eye, or a lil supra, but i dont like that they are rwd, also thought about a diesel jetta, make that lil bitch just roooolllll coal!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Acura RSX Type S.

Luxurious, rock solid reliable, 200hp and a 6 speed manual. A blast to drive too.

Only drawback is you'll need to spend $100 and get a Banana center console.

Stock they don't have one and there's no where to rest your elbow.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I like the looks of those and they arent too spendy, deffinate option

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Civic Si, WRX/STi

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Audi A4 1.8t quattro is great for winter and manual is plenty of fun with decent fuel mileage. Lots of go fast items out for them too.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

First of all guys STIs and EVOs are a bit more than 10k more like 15k for a decent one with 70k-90k miles on it. If you buy a evo or sti for 10k most likely it has been beat to hell. A wrx can be had for under 10k and are ok cars. An audi a4 is another choice but like all early 2000s audis there will need to be money set aside for repairs. I fyou do still have the trans am I would suggest staying away from sporty and just getting something reliable and good on gas. An impreza or a legacy(non-turbo) would be a decent choice. Both should get 30mpg freeway, both are AWD midsized cars.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-19-2012 at 10:35 AM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

My Supra was baaaad in rain or snow. Worse than my Camaro. The newer body style is outrageous in price.

Been looking around tentatively myself for a decent beater, Honda seems to be the best bet around here, seems people around here want a pretty penny for lancers and imprezas, or they are junk because they had the piss driven out of them.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

How about a SRT-4

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'm pretty happy with my Kia Forte and it's the basic sedan. Kia also makes a coupe version that's styled a bit differently.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    My Supra was baaaad in rain or snow. Worse than my Camaro. The newer body style is outrageous in price.

Been looking around tentatively myself for a decent beater, Honda seems to be the best bet around here, seems people around here want a pretty penny for lancers and imprezas, or they are junk because they had the piss driven out of them.
    Agree who said supra? I had a 87 and while mine was heavily modded and very fun they are not good DD cars IMO. HORIBBLE in the snow as Y2K mentioned and not very good on gas either. The 93 and ups are still 10k for non-turob with 80k+miles on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    How about a SRT-4
    Another car which has a bad reputation where reliability is concerned. Drivetrain parts do not last long.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    the older Evo's have caught my eye, or a lil supra, but i dont like that they are rwd, also thought about a diesel jetta, make that lil bitch just roooolllll coal!
    Suede mentioned supra in this post ^^

I had an 88 Turbo. Fun but not too reliable.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Suede mentioned supra in this post ^^

I had an 88 Turbo. Fun but not too reliable.
    When I had my first f-body my 96 formula I was 18 and I DD that car. I still had the 96 when I bought my 87 supra from a guy of which the only mods were a rebuilt engine from jasper racing, full 3 inch exhaust, header, turbo timer and some other misc BS eitherway they were probably making the similar power. With an inch of snow on the ground I couldnt get out my neighborhood with all seasons on the supra. Much worse than the f-body.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I found a 96 eclipse gs that body and interior is rough but drivetrain is solid, and im really debating it, because i can repaint it (we have a booth at work) and im not too concerned about what it looks like inside or outside, i just want something that gets me to work and back without racking up the miles on the TA, Silverado, or Powerstroke

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I found a 96 eclipse gs that body and interior is rough but drivetrain is solid, and im really debating it, because i can repaint it (we have a booth at work) and im not too concerned about what it looks like inside or outside, i just want something that gets me to work and back without racking up the miles on the TA, Silverado, or Powerstroke
    The 1st and 2nd gen eclipse are garbage as far as reliability goes. Why do you need a powerstroke and a silverado? Ever think of selling one and getting a nice DD?

Thread Information