Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

Angry FUCK!!! got a ticket today

yeah i got my first ticket today, it was so gay. i was driving to my dads in hendersonville on 25 and theres these two straightaways that i never see cops on so i was cruisin at around 110(stock 91 teg haha) and i was comin around this corner so i slowed down a bit, guesin around 90ish and i was finishing my cigarrett listing to metalica when i saw smokey on my ass

so i pulled over and gave him all my shit and he came back and told me he coulda took my license but is knockin it down to 80 in a 65. it was only 140 bucks cuz its my first offence ever, but the whole way up to my dads i was paranoid as shit and now i will be for a while. it sucked how bad will that hurt my insurance?

Silver
    At least its paid for.

I would think since your 16 it will go up some. That sucks.

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

If given the chance go to the drivers ed class that some States offer for traffic violations. Could negate the effect on you insurance and possibly keep points off your license!

Works that way down here, check your local area and see if same applies!

Could save you some money off the fine as well.

Can't hurt to look into it!

Teal

thanks man, but the ticket was from north carolina, and i live in south carolina. im still waiting to tell the parents...haha we'll see, but thanks for the info dude

Black
    99 Z28

It may be different in your area, but your parents will never know if you don't tell them, and any tickets I have had between Colorado and Wyoming, if I lived in state and A got a ticket in state B, then the ticket never found it's way to my driving record - so those tickets didn't affect my insurance - as long as I paid them. Don't pay and you'll lose your license.

Not to give you any false hope or anything, but it is a possibility that you could be so lucky. By all means don't count on it.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

wow... thats prety stupid.. just cruzing at 100+ not thinking anyones going to notice.

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

If he's on their insurance they'll find out.

Not to mention you're pretty lucky.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    wow... thats prety stupid.. just cruzing at 100+ not thinking anyones going to notice.
    And in an Integra? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse
    It may be different in your area, but your parents will never know if you don't tell them, and any tickets I have had between Colorado and Wyoming, if I lived in state and A got a ticket in state B, then the ticket never found it's way to my driving record - so those tickets didn't affect my insurance - as long as I paid them. Don't pay and you'll lose your license.

Not to give you any false hope or anything, but it is a possibility that you could be so lucky. By all means don't count on it.
    Doesn't work that way anymore.

I got a ticket in ohio and a few weeks later i got a notice for driver re-training in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    I've done little 100+ bursts for about a mile, but I agree, pretty dumb to cruise at 110.

Teal

haha yeah it was stupid, i gues this was somebodys way of being nice and kinda letting me know that i need to slow down. dont get me wrong i NEVER drive that fast anywhere but up that stretch of 25 OCCASIONALLY! i was JUST thinking about how long it would be before i got caught cuz i knew this couldnt be right. haha. yeah i've gotten my teg to 120 before and i have a picture of it, im gonna see if i can dig for it(of course it will make me look really dumb and reckless, but its kinda like a wow that teg wasnt absolutely dying at 120) i was only running about 5k. not bad for 91 i dont think...but yeah, you ls1's better watch out!! my 130 hp/120lptq teg is on your ass! only its not cuz i just got a ticket
    Last edited by senior gomez; 02-24-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse

I agree. I got an 87 in a 65 (wreckless driving) in Virginia when I lived in North Carolina, and no points ever showed up on my license. Maybe it helps that I also switched licenses to NY as well, but I don't know. As long as it is out of state I heard it won't go on your record.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're lucky the cop was nice. Doing high speeds in a 91 integra is like playing russian roulette....no offense but it's a 15 yr old car that never handled all that great when new. Do you have any suspension mods to handle turns at those speeds....do you even know what your tire speed ratings are? Ok i'm done preaching....take a drivers course and the points will never go on your record...you can take one every 18 months or something like that.

Teal

haha belive me dude i wouldnt be doing anywhere near those speeds on anything but straight aways. def no turns involved and yes im very lucky to still have my license, dang i thought i woulda seen that cop cuz apparently i passed him or something, idk. unmarked bastard. well guess thats what happens when your 16 and 'know everything'

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

dude when your young stupidity doesnt come up. we. damn just thinkin what to put down makes me go shit did my stupid ass really do that. between all kinds of stupid high speed, beer runs, playin on the highways, never knowing speed ratings on tires, driving thru fields of corn bout 7ft high at say 25-30 mph until you get stuck. Farm owners have guns and are members of the nra!!!

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but at least you cant go to jail!

Teal

haha oh man i forgot about playing on the highways! and beer runs!! haha thanks!

Black/Gold....Now Sold...
    10th Anny. Firehawk #001

Quote Originally Posted by senior gomez
    ... i NEVER drive that fast anywhere but up that stretch of 25 OCCASIONALLY! i was JUST thinking about how long it would be before i got caught cuz i knew this couldnt be right.
    I got a ticket several years back in my 2000SS. I occasionally would practice my 1/4 mile runs on a stretch of 2-lane farm road between home and work. One day, I decided not to shut down, but let her run out with the road I had. Well, she clipped just under 135, and I brought her down and headed to work. The VERY NEXT day, a cop in a Z28 patrol car pulls me over on the same stretch...for doing 62MPH in a 45 zone. If you saw this area, you'd laugh. Absolutely nothing but cornfields, dead straight road, perfectly clear and dry day, and this guy is "protecting and serving" the public by giving me a ticket for driving the speed the road SHOULD be posted. Anyway, I just shrugged it off and considered I was lucky he wasn't on the road the day before...

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    I've done little 100+ bursts for about a mile, but I agree, pretty dumb to cruise at 110.
    A few years back I cruised through PA around 115-120mph for about an hour. Interesting I was trailing a minvan by about .2 miles. There was virtually *nobody* on the road at the time so I didn't think anything of it.

What sucks about PA is all the damn false radar emitters that they have scattered around so you never know if you're coming up on a cop or a f'n road sign. Sure enough, one of the bleeps I got turned out to be a State Trooper. I jammed on the brakes when I saw the brake lights on the van come on for no apparent reason and I had slowed down just in time. There was a second cop about a quarter mile further down the hill that hit me with laser but I was in the safe range.

Moral of the story: Follow tip #4 here and you'll almost always come out on top: http://www.users.cloud9.net/~henness...how2speed.html

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

two words: radar detector. especially if u r cruizing at that speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information