Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom!!!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Freedom!!!

Finally broke up with my girlfriend. Took so long to do it too!! Now I can be 20 and get crazy!! You have no idea how great it feels to be free.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

congrats?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Two years. She put me through some shit and back. Lieing, cheating, manipulating, and then I woke up one day and realized I don't deserve the stress. I'm kicking too much ass in life to have that be the only negative aspect.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

oh ok then congrats

primevil
    2000 FRC

I'll NEVER understand why all you youngsters insist on being tied down instead being single and enjoying yourselves !

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperC5 View Post

I'll NEVER understand why all you youngsters insist on being tied down instead being single and enjoying yourselves !
    i agree.
    to be blunt, theres no good reason to ever get tied down in life.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i agree.
    to be blunt, theres no good reason to ever get tied down in life.
    eh, there comes a time when its nice to have someone.

primevil
    2000 FRC

Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    True, but not at the age of 20 or for that matter your age of 24 !!
    Last edited by SleeperC5; 08-19-2008 at 07:07 AM.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

1. I like being with someone...I've never been someone with a lot of friends, I have my group of about 10 very close friends and that's it, so having someone that is very very close to me is nice.

2. I've never been a highly social person (see #1), so I really don't like going out to bars at random, I usually just stand around and do nothing.

3. I have NO confidence what-so-ever, so going up to a girl in a bar/mall/store and asking her out has a 0% chance of happening.

4. I work a shift (Tuesday to Saturday 3pm-11pm) that doesn't allow me to attend very many "social events"...I had to pay a co-worker to work August 2nd so I could attend the LS1 Picnic, so actually going out at the normal times is a no-go.

5. The sex with my fiance is fucking amazing, so yeah...

That's just me though

Black

True, but not at the age of 20 orfoe that matter your age of 24 !!
    haha, i agree to an extent. ive been single for 3 years now, im tired of hook ups.

black

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    1. I like being with someone...I've never been someone with a lot of friends, I have my group of about 10 very close friends and that's it, so having someone that is very very close to me is nice.

2. I've never been a highly social person (see #1), so I really don't like going out to bars at random, I usually just stand around and do nothing.

3. I have NO confidence what-so-ever, so going up to a girl in a bar/mall/store and asking her out has a 0% chance of happening.

4. I work a shift (Tuesday to Saturday 3pm-11pm) that doesn't allow me to attend very many "social events"...I had to pay a co-worker to work August 2nd so I could attend the LS1 Picnic, so actually going out at the normal times is a no-go.

5. The sex with my fiance is fucking amazing, so yeah...

That's just me though
    you are not social because you chose not to be.
    its un wise to get married at an early age.
    youll miss out on to many things and the chances of you and the ole lady staying together are slim.

black

haha, i agree to an extent. ive been single for 3 years now, im tired of hook ups.
    and you think the headache of having just one is better?

Black

you are not social because you chose not to be.
    its un wise to get married at an early age.
    youll miss out on to many things and the chances of you and the ole lady staying together are slim.
    hes happy, whats un-wise about that? stop being a grumpy buzz kill.

black

and after you have above, its even nicer not to have someone.

Black

and after you have above, its even nicer not to have someone.
    haha, but the time in between is usually a lot of fun.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

its so sad to here what some of you guys have to say...
    im only 24 but i guess my views are "old school?" finding someone to spend the rest of your life with, and being happy? or am i just a girl?

i really dont care what anyone says, once u reach a certain age, when you're not as hot as you were "20 years ago"...and u dont have anyone because u never "settled down" and only had one night stands..or a different girl every other month... ull be sorry...

maybe you older guys are saying "stay unattached" because u have loving wives... but what about the 40 year old that has no one? its a totally different POV....

anyway...just my opinion..

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I plan on settling down when I'm 24-25 years old. The girl I was dating wanted to within the next year. No way. Since 18 I have been restricted to her while she lied about where she was, partying, drinking, doing who the fuck knows what with whoever while I waited around... I'm not against relationships, I'm just sick of being on a leash when I need to be out experiencing things. For instance I want to go see the FSU game september 6th with a bunch of my friends, my ex didn't want to go THEREFORE she said I cant go because she doesn't trust me with a bunch of college kids, when she has no reason not to trust me. Of course they say the ones that can't be trusted can't trust at all.

black

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post

i really dont care what anyone says, once u reach a certain age, when you're not as hot as you were "20 years ago"...and u dont have anyone because u never "settled down" and only had one night stands..or a different girl every other month... ull be sorry...
    typical women answer from a womens point of view.

us guys dont worry about our hotness, you women worry about your own hotness or lack of it. thats why most women rush to marry by the age of 30 because its all down hill for them looks wise.

do you have a crystal ball or something that predicts the future or some shit like that?
    how do you know at your partly age that anybody will be sorry because they never settled down?

just about every married person i know out there is miserable in one way shape or form and is tired of their partners bullshit.
    im not the only person who sees and hears above statement
    Last edited by nhraformula; 08-19-2008 at 07:58 AM.

black

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post

maybe you older guys are saying "stay unattached" because u have loving wives... but what about the 40 year old that has no one? its a totally different POV....

anyway...just my opinion..
    its not opinion, its guessing and nothing more.
    to be blunt, your in your early 20s living with mom and dad and still dont know shit.

This is a good read:

http://ramonthomas.com/craigslist-go...iating-assets/

"Craigslist Gold digger finds out Women are depreciating assets
    Tom Leykis recently did a show called Chicks Depreciating Assets about a Craigslist ad by a gold digger. This has since spilled over into the blogosphere, the New York Times and Daily Telegraph. Anyway here’s the original advert and response with which I agree:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I’m articulate and classy.

I’m not from New York . I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won?t get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms
    What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won?t hurt my feelings
    Is there an age range I should be targeting (I?m 25)?
    Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I?ve seen really ?plain jane? boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I?ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What?s the story there?
    Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?
    How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY
    Please hold your insults - I?m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I?m being up front about it. I wouldn?t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn?t able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

PostingID: 432279810

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here’s how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won?t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you?re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold?hence the rub?marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to ?buy you? (which is what you?re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It?s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way.
    Classic “pump and dump.”

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know"

Keep that in mind- they're depreciating assets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information