Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Forza 3 = awesome

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 all day today(well, almost all day) and it's such an awesome game.

My best car right now is a 2002 T/A WS6 with a twinscrew supercharger. My first gear is completely useless with constant wheelspin...

They let you do engine swaps (only select engines for cars though). The C6 Z06 and the C6 ZR1 engine can be swapped into 2002 T/A
    Last edited by Aetos; 10-12-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Does the t/a have a black roof (t-tops) or is it a solid roof? WS6? And is the 4th gen Camaro still available? I wish better tires were available in the Forza series. With any amount of power in Forza 1 and 2 you could just blow racing slicks away.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Does the t/a have a black roof (t-tops) or is it a solid roof? WS6? And is the 4th gen Camaro still available? I wish better tires were available in the Forza series. With any amount of power in Forza 1 and 2 you could just blow racing slicks away.

It's a t-top with WS6 hood(a taller aftermarket ws6 hood is also available through upgrades) and a 2002 maro SS is still available. Theres a decent amount of rims in this one, but not that much though, don't remember the amount that were in forza 1 and 2 so I can't compare. I have seen mickey thompson and welds drag race wheels though.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Sweet!!! I didn't even know it was out yet.

Is the 03-04 Cobra, and lightning on that game?

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Sweet!!! I didn't even know it was out yet.

Is the 03-04 Cobra, and lightning on that game?

There is definitely an 03-04 cobra, not sure about the lightning. I'll check next time I play.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    There is definitely an 03-04 cobra, not sure about the lightning. I'll check next time I play.
    OMG!!!! I gotta get that game like now!!!!! I'm borrowing my bro's xbox.

Fuck PS3!!! I only asked if they had the lightning because I know they have the ram SRT-10, wanted to see if they had anything to compete with it at those badass drag strips they have on that game.

How are the physics?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

WTF I thought it didn't come out till the 27th

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

want.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    WTF I thought it didn't come out till the 27th
    It doesn't
    It's been leaked onto the internet for people with... "special"(hacked) xbox.

How are the physics?
    The physics are incredible

Just checked.... no lightning
    Last edited by Aetos; 10-12-2009 at 05:12 PM.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

The physics are incredible

Just checked.... no lightning
    Awww damn. O well. Still is a sick ass game. I'm still blown away they have an 03-04 cobra on there. Hell yea!!! Get me one of them get a Kenne Bell or a Whipple blower, change the gears, get slicks, awwwww shit i gotta get that game.

Got some more questions for ya though.

1. What competes with the WS6? Besides the 03-04 Cobra?

2. Can you explain how the drag racing controls operate? Do they have clutch controls and all that good stuff?

White
    1999 Transam WS6

1. What competes with the WS6? Besides the 03-04 Cobra?
    There's a lot of cars in the same "class"(I believe it was either D or C) as the WS6. Off the top of my head there is:

09 mustang
    370Z
    94 fairlady z (300zx)
    02 SS camaro
    EVO
    STI
    etc.

2. Can you explain how the drag racing controls operate? Do they have clutch controls and all that good stuff?
    Drag races are either 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 mile.

There is a clutch control, but I haven't tried it yet, been playing with regular console "manual" so far, press one button to upshift, another to downshift. I think they put the clutch button in there more so for their new wheel/pedal combo that's being released.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

There's a lot of cars in the same "class"(I believe it was either D or C) as the WS6. Off the top of my head there is:

09 mustang
    370Z
    94 fairlady z (300zx)
    02 SS camaro
    EVO
    STI
    etc.

Drag races are either 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, or 1 mile.

There is a clutch control, but I haven't tried it yet, been playing with regular console "manual" so far, press one button to upshift, another to downshift. I think they put the clutch button in there more so for their new wheel/pedal combo that's being released.
    Holy shit man, that game is freaking sick, can't wait until it comes out! Thanks for the info, def. picking it up.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Holy shit man, that game is freaking sick, can't wait until it comes out! Thanks for the info, def. picking it up.
    I'll see you on Live!

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Sounds like fun! I was playing forza 2 earlier today cant wait for 3!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

what are video games?

sold my PS2 and all my shit for it to a member on here like 2 years ago for like $280 and never looked back.

Gets expensive when ya start buying games and getting sick of em etc...

idk, havent played video games in years and dont really miss them much

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    what are video games?

sold my PS2 and all my shit for it to a member on here like 2 years ago for like $280 and never looked back.

Gets expensive when ya start buying games and getting sick of em etc...

idk, havent played video games in years and dont really miss them much
    video games are cheap when you only have to buy the console and "acquire" all the games in other free(other than the cost of a dvd) ways

I currently have PS2, Wii, 360, PSP, and NDS, all capable of playing games in some sort of cheap way

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

HOMO! I'm not reading this anymore, you're gonna ruin my surprises I have to pay for. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????!??!?!??!?!?!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

dang.... the thought of putting an LS9 into an 02 gave me chills. Since you drive this car in real life you are the perfect person to ask how true to life it feels. Power oversteer? Are the tracks baby butt smooth or do they have real life imperfections. If so does the live axle like to hop over them as can happen in real life? you know give us a rundown of how your TA feels vs your real TA.

I think the hardest part about driving a car in a game is the lack of fear. You know you can't be hurt so you take chances you wouldn't in real life. You carry far too much speed into corners and wind up playing with a TON of understeer because the speed didn't "feel" fast even though you were doing 90 trying to take a hard non banked right turn. Over the years I've gotten much better at judging speed on screen and can click off 7:44 laps of the nurburgring in a stock 2001 Z06 like a bad habit. using LM racers or touring cars I can click off sub 7 min laps with ease. All using no assists and only a controller. In an experiment I drove a 70 cuda around the nurb with a controller and tried again using a wheel and pedals. The wheel let me drive a full 11 seconds faster per lap. Sadly I have no way of mounting it at the moment.

Really want Forza 3 but would need an xbox first and not so eager to part with that kinda money to drive my car in a game. I mean for that kind of money I could go buy a cam or something for my REAL TA.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    dang.... the thought of putting an LS9 into an 02 gave me chills. Since you drive this car in real life you are the perfect person to ask how true to life it feels. Power oversteer? Are the tracks baby butt smooth or do they have real life imperfections. If so does the live axle like to hop over them as can happen in real life? you know give us a rundown of how your TA feels vs your real TA.

I think the hardest part about driving a car in a game is the lack of fear. You know you can't be hurt so you take chances you wouldn't in real life. You carry far too much speed into corners and wind up playing with a TON of understeer because the speed didn't "feel" fast even though you were doing 90 trying to take a hard non banked right turn. Over the years I've gotten much better at judging speed on screen and can click off 7:44 laps of the nurburgring in a stock 2001 Z06 like a bad habit. using LM racers or touring cars I can click off sub 7 min laps with ease. All using no assists and only a controller. In an experiment I drove a 70 cuda around the nurb with a controller and tried again using a wheel and pedals. The wheel let me drive a full 11 seconds faster per lap. Sadly I have no way of mounting it at the moment.

Really want Forza 3 but would need an xbox first and not so eager to part with that kinda money to drive my car in a game. I mean for that kind of money I could go buy a cam or something for my REAL TA.
    The game is pretty awesome at oversteer physics and it does a good job at actually transfer the feeling and look of oversteering. At one time my bro was just watching me play (I play from interior, fullcockpit view), he was able to tell exactly what was happening to me without actually knowing what I was pressing. Most memorable time was taking a decently wide turn with my T/A and having a perfect oversteer around it with my rearend just about hitting off the track, had a perfect exit allowing me to pass the car in first place.

If you press to much gas or try to overcorrect your oversteer you can easily see your car doing 360s and donuts in the middle of the track/off in the dirt. Has happened to me way too many times, mostly because as you stated, lack of fear because it being a game, but I am getting better at compensating for this.

The tracks do have imperfections, you can tell by just looking at the tires of the cars in replays. You can constantly see the tires moving up and down, they're almost never static in one position never moving.

On a side note, the graphics are incredible. My T/A looks spot on(Most, if not all the cars do), if it had the stripes I would think they took a picture of my car for the game. It's so gratifying just looking at the replays of the race you just played, just to see how awesome your car looks taking the turns from an exterior point of view.

Edit: If you're somewhat technically knowledgeable(or just not incredibly dumb), you can have an xbox for around $100. I usually buy broken 360s from ebay for $30-50, and most of them are somewhat easy to fix and usually last a long time(most of them involve heatsink clamp replacement, and heatgun usage) . The rest of the accessories will probably run around another $50 from ebay. The last 360 I fixed has lasted for months, sometimes staying on for days at a time just because I forgot to turn it off.
    Last edited by Aetos; 10-13-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

you shouldn't tell me such things seeing as how I am in NYC and you have said know how..... how much to hook me up?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information