Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

FML...Call me Mr. Injury

So i was out this last Sunday on the lake. Rented a pontoon boat and was having a great time with some friends. We started tubing and it was my turn. Naturally I went about a few minutes the first time and then fell off. Got back on it and went again. Got a little crazy, stood up, used one hand to hold on...showboating if you will. I fell off again finally.

As I was going to pull myself up onto the tube again, it flipped straight up. I reached up, grabbed the handles, and with my arm in an awkward position I pulled myself up out of the water onto the tube.....

Then it happened. My shoulder dislocated. Talk about a painful experience. It was out of socket for a total of 3 hours before I went to the outpatient care center and the doctor's worked on it to finally have me pop it back in place myself.

X-rays showed no bone damage. I have a MRI this coming Monday. It's been sore as fuck. Hopefully MRI results are all negative.

Anyone else ever popped one out???

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Damn... something I never want to experience. Hope everything turns out ok. So who was she? I assume it was a female that you were showboating for.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The infamous girl that I've had issues with the last month lol.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Ok, Mr. Injury.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

How do you tube behind a pontoon boat? They are usually slow as fuck party barges not get up and goers.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    So i was out this last Sunday on the lake. Rented a pontoon boat and was having a great time with some friends. We started tubing and it was my turn. Naturally I went about a few minutes the first time and then fell off. Got back on it and went again. Got a little crazy, stood up, used one hand to hold on...showboating if you will. I fell off again finally.

As I was going to pull myself up onto the tube again, it flipped straight up. I reached up, grabbed the handles, and with my arm in an awkward position I pulled myself up out of the water onto the tube.....

Then it happened. My shoulder dislocated. Talk about a painful experience. It was out of socket for a total of 3 hours before I went to the outpatient care center and the doctor's worked on it to finally have me pop it back in place myself.

X-rays showed no bone damage. I have a MRI this coming Monday. It's been sore as fuck. Hopefully MRI results are all negative.

Anyone else ever popped one out???

6 times for me.

1-2x football
    3x was running down stairs and slipped on water, flew down the rest, landed on shoulder
    4x lifting a heavy ass trailer onto a Army 5ton, my soldier slipped on ice and pulled trailer along with her. I kept it from dropping on her, but it pulled my shoulder out
    5x picking up a box and it slipped, I tried keeping it and it pulled it out.
    6x was from the Ortho Doc because I tried popping it back in place for #5 and I pinched a nerve. So he had to pop it back out and reset.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

My right shoulder likes to partially pop out and right back in at random. Most consistant time is when i'm putting force into breaking something loose that's being stubborn. Usually feels like shit for a day or two

Navy Blue Metallic

Every time I rotate, reach back or down mine pops. Some days no pain, some hurts like a mofo.

I had to get scoped, lost the ligament that goes across the right shoulder. Tore it in half

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Chicks dig scars

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Mr. Injury

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

When I was young i had both dislocated at the same time while wrestling with friends. My dad put them back in as he did with everything we or he dislocated. I never went to a doctor and my shoulder healed loose, now I can pop both my shoulders out whenever I choose.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    Chicks dig scars
    heh yeah but this won't leave a scar. So he'll just be weak with no visible proof of manly injury.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    heh yeah but this won't leave a scar. So he'll just be weak with no visible proof of manly injury.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Dislocated the left shoulder when I slipped and fell off of an icy M60 tank while I was stationed at Ft Carson. This was back in '77.

I'll never forget that pain. A medic (along with 2 other guys) popped it back into place. I ended up with my arm in a sling and light duty for a month. It still hurts occasionally but it's never popped out since.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Should have put you on kp for that one!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Should have put you on kp for that one!
    Oh ye of no military experience. KP is performed by civ contractors when stationed at a CONUS duty station...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

So that whole peelin' taters thing is all a cliche' made up by hollywood?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The pontoon boat wasn't that fast, but it was fast enough the way the driver way driving it, pulling us across the wake.

The way I popped it back in was putting my right leg bent at about 60 degrees, reaching around my knee with my injured arm, and grabbing my right wrist with my left hand. Then I just leaned back slowly pulling my right arm/shoulder.

The sound it made was pretty fucking sick when it popped back in. It didn't hurt at all going back in, but while it was popped out it hurt like a motherfucker. It is still pretty sore today and I am sure it will be for a while. I'm on pain killers and am taking 800mg of ibp 3 times daily to keep the swelling down.

I have to wear an arm constraint 24/7 for the most part.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That shoulder will give you problems the rest of your life now. I never popped out a shoulder but I get impingement if I work my shoulders too hard. Sucks but avoid any type of shoulder surgery if you can.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had some slight issues with it when I was younger. Hurt it doing bear crawl in football and then again pitching in baseball. I had never popped it out of socket before though.

The Orthopedic surgeon told me I was less likely to have it pop out of place again since I was the age I was. To my surprise, statistics show that if it happens when you are younger, it is more prone to happen again.

I tend to agree though...I will probably have to be very careful of the activities I do for now on. FML.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information