40 85.11%
  • No i dont wear mine

7 14.89%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Florida new seatbelt law

Florida seat belt law just got tougher
    Starting June 30, Florida police will be allowed to stop and cite motorists for not wearing their seat belts.

TALLAHASSEE -- With a stroke of his pen, Gov. Charlie Crist reversed decades of public safety policy Wednesday and signed a law that allows police to ticket motorists solely for not wearing seat belts.

The law has long been a priority of public safety groups, led by Tampa-based AAA Auto Club South. But it gained new momentum this session because this is the last year Florida is eligible to draw $35.5 million in federal highway safety funds by passing a stricter seat belt law.

''This bill will save lives. That's really what's important,'' Crist said. ``The most important function of government is to protect.''

Starting June 30, adults caught not being buckled up in the front seat will face a $30 fine. The law already allowed for enforcement for drivers and passengers under 18.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Welcome to California.....10 years ago.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

It's too bad we have to have laws such as this because so many people are just plain stupid.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    It's too bad we have to have laws such as this because so many people are just plain stupid.
    It should be like the helmet law down here i think, your option wear it or not.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I always wear mine!

red
    2001 v6 camaro

I think this is a ridiculous law. Alabama has it, and I've been ticketed for it. I personally believe this is just a law to have a reason to pull people over and generate more revenue. It should be up to the individual whether they want to wear a seat belt. Yea i know it saves lives (arguable in some situations, like being flipped over in water), but still its a personal choice. Just my .02 though.

edit** fine here in Bama is 10 bucks and no points...i will gladly pay that anytime to not have to be forced into wearing my seatbelt.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I have no problem with the seatbelt law. The belt is there, fuckin wear it. Honestly why woulnt you want to? New Jersey has had the law for a few years now, they call it a click it ticket. What a stupid reason to have to fork up 150 bucks by not wearing your seatbelt.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

While I don't believe we should have these kind of laws governing personal behavior I am a firm believer in wearing my seatbelt. It's saved my life at least once.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by FreakV6 View Post
    I think this is a ridiculous law. Alabama has it, and I've been ticketed for it. I personally believe this is just a law to have a reason to pull people over and generate more revenue. It should be up to the individual whether they want to wear a seat belt. Yea i know it saves lives (arguable in some situations, like being flipped over in water), but still its a personal choice. Just my .02 though.

edit** fine here in Bama is 10 bucks and no points...i will gladly pay that anytime to not have to be forced into wearing my seatbelt.
    I agree as long as my tax dollars don't have to go to paying for fixing your broken body when you do crash.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I have no problem with the seatbelt law. The belt is there, fuckin wear it. Honestly why woulnt you want to? New Jersey has had the law for a few years now, they call it a click it ticket. What a stupid reason to have to fork up 150 bucks by not wearing your seatbelt.
    We have the same in Illinois (and Missouri is similar I think) with the "Click It or Ticket" too.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I think if you don't wear your seatbelt your an idiot, but if you choose not to wear it that's your decision. Only people who should have to are minors. It's all about money and anyone who thinks otherwise has their head buried in the sand.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I wear it always. It should not be a law though so we can thin the herd of all the people who choose not to wear it.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

seatbelt has saved my life too. We are good friends, and i always wear it.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Wow

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Wow

Why does Cali have more criminals running from police? Are they just that much dumber?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ohio has the same law and I just ask this.....why should the state give a shit if you're wearing your seat belt?? Isn't that why I pay thousands a year in insurance premiums? How does the state benefit from me wearing a seat belt?

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    ohio has the same law and I just ask this.....why should the state give a shit if you're wearing your seat belt?? Isn't that why I pay thousands a year in insurance premiums? How does the state benefit from me wearing a seat belt?
    Ask Sam Kinison what he thinks...

[[Oops. Wasn't trying to quote you there, Orion. Just stating my point]]

you need a seatbelt in florida with all of the old farts that cant see 4 feet in front of them.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Yeah, I would much rather my hard earned dollars go towards a medical bill because some dumbass didn't wear his seat and just so happens to not have any insurance.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Z28 View Post
    Yeah, I would much rather my hard earned dollars go towards a medical bill because some dumbass didn't wear his seat and just so happens to not have any insurance.
    we already have a law for that too.... a law that states in order to drive a car you have to have insurance. While we're on hard earned dollars being spent lets ponder this. Inmates get free medical care. People on welfare can have as many tax credits...ooops, I mean kids as they can. Your hard earned dollars just bailed out a banking institution that then went on vacation and earned bonus'. The state and federal governments piss away money like it grows on trees. We're drawing the line at seat belts? Why do insurance companies piss and moan when they have to pay claims? That's their chosen field of business correct? They will take premiums until you die without saying a word until they have to pay a claim. Why would the state spend millions of YOUR dollars in advertising for seat belt laws? The question still stands....what does the STATE have to gain by someone wearing a seat belt? I know what they gain when someone doesn't.....revenue

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information